Phil Carr to leave Cheatham County

phil carr to leave cheatham county

Longtime Cheatham County Central High School girls basketball coach Phil Carr announced over the weekend that he is stepping down and taking a teaching position at Christian County High School in Hopkinsville, Ky.

Carr, who has led the Lady Cubs program for 21 years, said it was a tough decision, but the new position will allow him to make more money and spend more time with his family. He will continue to live in Pleasant View.

"I wasn't really looking to go anywhere, but this is an opportunity for my wife (Lynn) and I, and it's something I have to pursue," he said.

During his tenure at Cheatham County, Carr took four teams to the state tournament (1991, 1995, 2003 and 2004).

Carr said the School Board's decision in March to eliminate basketball practice during the school day and hold them after hours played a factor in his decision to leave.

phil carr to leave cheatham county sneakers

Longtime Cheatham County Central High School girls basketball coach Phil Carr announced over the weekend that he is stepping down and taking a teaching position at Christian County High School in Hopkinsville, Ky.

Carr, who has led the Lady Cubs program for 21 years, said it was a tough decision, but the new position will allow him to make more money and spend more time with his family. He will continue to live in Pleasant View.

"I wasn't really looking to go anywhere, but this is an opportunity for my wife (Lynn) and I, and it's something I have to pursue," he said.

During his tenure at Cheatham County, Carr took four teams to the state tournament (1991, 1995, 2003 and 2004).

Carr said the School Board's decision in March to eliminate basketball practice during the school day and hold them after hours played a factor in his decision to leave.

Sucks to see him leave but he had a very good career. I hope all goes well for him.

• 3 months later...