1. 1. Who Wins?

• Smith Co.
    • Cheatham Co.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I look for these boards to explode now with SC fans.

With that said, I look for Sc to win 21-0 or 28-7.

CC will no doubt be improved, but I just don't see them posing much of a threat this year.

I agree Croz.....

Could be kind of like the quiet before the storm........

I'm thinking 27-7 myself.

Hey croz6110:

Your initial post on this topic had the Owls winning by 10 and then you posted again predicting a 21 point victory. I am wondering has anything changed in recent days that has just caused the prediction to double. If it doubles again the Owls will be 40+ point favorites by th middle of the week.

I was hoping to have the Smith County Games Notes posted tonight on the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page however that did not happen so look for them to be posted sometime tomorrow.

If the Smith County radio crew is making the trip to Ashland City to broadcast this week there will be rosters, depth charts, and drinks available for them in the press box on Friday night.

The pressbox at Mike Jarreau Field is a 2-LEVEL setup.

The bottom level will be setup as follows (from left-to-right): Smith County Coaches - Cubs Public Address Announcer - Stadium Clock Operator - Smith County Radio

The top level will be setup as follows (from left-to-right): Cheatham County Radio - Smith County Film - Cheatham County Film - Cheatham County Coaches

One reason for this is because there are no walls on each level which seperate the coaches any longer and in the past this has been an issue that has caused conflict between opposing coaching staffs so hopefully this setup works and allows each team's coaches to call/spot a game without distraction from others who want to attempt to "steal" play calls.

Another reason for this is because it seperates each team's radio broadcasts so that they aren't having to compete with one another in an area that is open and not seperated by walls.

I'm just glad it's finally game week! I know Coach Finley and the staff will have our boys ready to play and I hope for a big crowd because the Owls will definitely bring one to Ashland City this week. What time are yall going on the air howdy? I'll be listening!

You guys from CC need to bring some folding chairs so you will have a place to sit. :thumb:

I'm just glad it's finally game week! I know Coach Finley and the staff will have our boys ready to play and I hope for a big crowd because the Owls will definitely bring one to Ashland City this week. What time are yall going on the air howdy? I'll be listening!

7:10 pregame and 7:30 kickoff

There will be tailgating on your way into the stadium right under the tent. One of the fathers to a Cubs player always has some good BBQ ready for the home games.

If you Smith County folks save our fans a place to sit then we'll be sure to round you up some before the game.

There will be tailgating on your way into the stadium right under the tent. One of the fathers to a Cubs player always has some good BBQ ready for the home games.

If you Smith County folks save our fans a place to sit then we'll be sure to round you up some before the game.

So kickoff is at 7:30 for sure? Good, I might make kick after all! I thought it was 7. For anyone that knows, how long will it take me to get to Ashland City from Cookeville. Get off at 6, will I make it in time?

Hey croz6110:

Your initial post on this topic had the Owls winning by 10 and then you posted again predicting a 21 point victory. I am wondering has anything changed in recent days that has just caused the prediction to double. If it doubles again the Owls will be 40+ point favorites by th middle of the week.

Either way it won't be good for the home team.

I'm sorry, but I don't look for Cheatham to hang around long in this one.

#2 - The Owls usually tailgate in the parking lot or some place near the stadium. We bring enough food to feed the city of Ashland City (well not quite). Bring your BBQ and join us :flower: