46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Smith Co.
    • Cheatham Co.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs will be improved, I'm sure. Improved enough to turn a mud hole stomping into a victory is a stretch. The Owls have some ability for a bunch of slow kids with little talent. The defense has a chance to be very solid and be a difference maker in crunch time! Owls win the opener 35-7 and turn their attention South.

The Cubs & Owls both wrapped up their preseason "scrimmage" schedules tonight in Nashville and now they each have jamboree contests on Saturday night. I am hoping that both teams are able to come away from their final dress rehearsal injury free and ready to go when preparations for Week 0 begin on Sunday.

The Smith County Game Notes will be posted on the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page on Sunday evening. The broadcast to the Week 0 matchup between the Cubs & the Owls can also be heard on game night by visiting the following website. For those who are planning on making the trip to Ashland City to watch the game you can hear the broadcast on WQSV AM790 so please bring your radios and tune in to hear all of the LIVE action.

The Cubs will be improved, I'm sure. Improved enough to turn a mud hole stomping into a victory is a stretch. The Owls have some ability for a bunch of slow kids with little talent. The defense has a chance to be very solid and be a difference maker in crunch time! Owls win the opener 35-7 and turn their attention South.

Defense will be the mainstay for the Owls for the first few games. The offense will come around after game experience. They are young but capable of being explosive with Wakefield, Stevenson, Manning and a few others. The Owls have an abundance of good receivers. If you remember last year, Scurlock was the 'go to' on short yardage, now plays QB. We can say all this BUT it still remains that the players must perform to their expectations to be successful. Hopefully the Owls will carry on the tradition of past teams.

Can someone get me a link to Smith County's roster?

I know that a notable number change from #76 to #44 is Logan McKinney and the other numbers are familiar such as:

#3: Webb

#4: Scurlock

#5: Johnston

#18: Hackett

#22: Wakefield

#45: Pinson

#47: Nuss

I don't know the names that go with #8, #34, #9, or any of the linemen. Any help would be appreciated!

Can someone get me a link to Smith County's roster?

I know that a notable number change from #76 to #44 is Logan McKinney and the other numbers are familiar such as:

#3: Webb

#4: Scurlock

#5: Johnston

#18: Hackett

#22: Wakefield

#45: Pinson

#47: Nuss

I don't know the names that go with #8, #34, #9, or any of the linemen. Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.smithcountyfootball.com/ click on owls roster

Thanks Antwan! Best Wishes to the Owls in the jamboree tomorrow night against Cookeville. I know the Cubs will have their hands full with Class 1A powerhouse Jo Byrns.

Thanks...both should be good matchups. Cookeville is a tough test for us. Such a large school has some good athletes. Cookeville will dress over 100 kids. Coach Joslin does a very good job. Last year was a lot of fun with all kids on the team getting to play. Hopefully...we can both get out with no injuries.