Greeneville @ Jefferson County predictions

patriots13

If experience equates to leadership..then why aren't all our presidents 90 years old?

So experience doesn't equate to leadership but it does to mental toughness???what makes the Patriot seniors superior to Greeneville's???? These Greeneville boys are battle tested. Carmichael, Story, Spradlin, Hall all have leadership ability....the question which will emerge from week 0 as the team leader. Don't count on this Devil team to fold under pressure. They know pressure and have the discipline and conditioning to take it to the wire.

So experience doesn't equate to leadership but it does to mental toughness???what makes the Patriot seniors superior to Greeneville's???? These Greeneville boys are battle tested. Carmichael, Story, Spradlin, Hall all have leadership ability....the question which will emerge from week 0 as the team leader. Don't count on this Devil team to fold under pressure. They know pressure and have the discipline and conditioning to take it to the wire.

I agree with you barb. It is funny, and somewhat ignorant that someone would think Greeneville doesn't have leadership, mental toughness, or experience. I mean, only twelve teams in the entire state played in December last year and the Devils were one of them. That creates leaders, mental toughness, and experience, especially in big time games. Greeneville has been there! Recently! Has Jefferson County?

These are my first posts and I've already learned some interesting things, First of all people don't hear what you are saying ..they hear what they want to hear. Second ..they automatically assume they know who you are pulling for or against if you are the slightest bit positive or negative toward either team. Experience does not equate to leadership. It should..but it doesn't. Experience doesn't always equate to mental toughness. It should...but it doesn't. GHS has plenty of experience and mental toughness... and hopefully leadership will emerge. Jefferson County has plenty of experience ...but I questioned their cohesion as a team and rather or not they will break mentally or not. So my original prediction stays the same..If jefferson county breaks early GHS will win big ..if it goes down to the wire GHS could be in trouble. (could be does not mean ..will be)

Welcome to coacht. You should also realize we don't. "hear" anything. We read it. What you post is open to interpretation. You did question Greeneville's leadership and mental toughness and praised JC seniors so we can easily, if mistakenly, assume you are a Pat fan .

These are my first posts and I've already learned some interesting things, First of all people don't hear what you are saying ..they hear what they want to hear. Second ..they automatically assume they know who you are pulling for or against if you are the slightest bit positive or negative toward either team. Experience does not equate to leadership. It should..but it doesn't. Experience doesn't always equate to mental toughness. It should...but it doesn't. GHS has plenty of experience and mental toughness... and hopefully leadership will emerge. Jefferson County has plenty of experience ...but I questioned their cohesion as a team and rather or not they will break mentally or not. So my original prediction stays the same..If jefferson county breaks early GHS will win big ..if it goes down to the wire GHS could be in trouble. (could be does not mean ..will be)

My question is, how can you question Greeneville's leadership, mental toughness, or experience? They went to the ship lat year. Now if they had an abundant amount of seniors that left due to graduation, I could see your point. But this isn't a team full of sophomores and freshmen. Greeneville is a seasoned team. So, if that is what you are basing your opinion on, then I will be the first to tell you that you are wrong. Jeff County doesn't have the big, close game, we need to pull this one out and win experience that the Devils do.

Welcome to coacht. You should also realize we don't. "hear" anything. We read it. What you post is open to interpretation. You did question Greeneville's leadership and mental toughness and praised JC seniors so we can easily, if mistakenly, assume you are a Pat fan .

Point well taken...I just feel like every time I've read a post it's like I'm listening to someone talk so I try to "hear" them objectively. I did question GHS leadership and I mentioned JC's experience(we'll see if it's praiseworthy) truth is I am a Patriot fan...except when they play Greeneville! Go GHS!

My question is, how can you question Greeneville's leadership, mental toughness, or experience? They went to the ship lat year. Now if they had an abundant amount of seniors that left due to graduation, I could see your point. But this isn't a team full of sophomores and freshmen. Greeneville is a seasoned team. So, if that is what you are basing your opinion on, then I will be the first to tell you that you are wrong. Jeff County doesn't have the big, close game, we need to pull this one out and win experience that the Devils do.

I can question anything I want based on what I know, which is what everybody on coacht does..

You can graduate one or two players and lose your leadership...I've been involved with too many teams that had talent but lacked the one or two players that lead.(Leadership has little to do with talent) And how many points does last season score for anyone tonight?

I can question anything I want based on what I know, which is what everybody on coacht does..

You can graduate one or two players and lose your leadership...I've been involved with too many teams that had talent but lacked the one or two players that lead.(Leadership has little to do with talent) And how many points does last season score for anyone tonight?

But in your original post you alluded to JC's "excellent" seniors who started since they were sophomores...does that make them better able to "take it to the wire" than Greeneville's returning players? Greeneville's 2's and 3's saw significant playing time last year during conference play and can hardly be considered inexperienced as they move into starting roles and Greeneville's D returns 8 starters from last year and that WILL have an impact on the outcome of tonight's game. The Patriots will not be able to run on this Devil D. The Patriot defense will have to find a way to throttle a Greeneville offense with a WHOLE BUNCH of weapons.GO GREENE!!!

Well then seems to me that Jeff Co. may have this same problem. What if Jeff Co.'s one or two leaders graduated last year? Fact is, you don't know who Greeneville's leaders were last year. I have seen many a team with young leaders. Also, you can lead by example, and Spradlin, Hall, Rollins, etc. do just a fine job with that. I'm not trying to dispute you, but your logic just make any sense to me. Greeneville is the more experienced team, and you'll find out who the leaders are tonight. :popcorneater:

Well then seems to me that Jeff Co. may have this same problem. What if Jeff Co.'s one or two leaders graduated last year? Fact is, you don't know who Greeneville's leaders were last year. I have seen many a team with young leaders. Also, you can lead by example, and Spradlin, Hall, Rollins, etc. do just a fine job with that. I'm not trying to dispute you, but your logic just make any sense to me. Greeneville is the more experienced team, and you'll find out who the leaders are tonight. :popcorneater:

don't forget big Chaz....