Huntingdon Mustangs

MustangNation

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt see that whipping coming. 34-0? Wow. Is Martin that good, or is Huntingdon that bad this year? Did Huntingdon lose a lot from last year? I know that Holder is gone, and I think they also lost Wallace, who was quite a football player.

The mustangs fumbled the ball several times and Westview scored on the opening KO. Its very early, the stangs will get better.

Didnt see that whipping coming. 34-0? Wow. Is Martin that good, or is Huntingdon that bad this year? Did Huntingdon lose a lot from last year? I know that Holder is gone, and I think they also lost Wallace, who was quite a football player.

One of the worst exhibitions of Huntingdon football I have witnessed in many, many years of watching happened last night at Paul Ward Stadium. Yes, we lost Holder to graduation last year. We also lost our pre-season all state center, Travis Ward, to a career ending knee injury a few weeks ago. That was very evident last night. Wallace (pre-season all state) went down early last night to an ankle injury. But those things should not have devastated the team. It has become evident to most in the stands that Swenson's hokus pokus offense is a joke. He wanted a small squad. He got it. I can't remember when Huntingdon has only had 40+ young men on the team. We've always prided ourselves in the number of kids that wanted to play Huntingdon football. Those days are gone. C. H. Pudor and Paul Ward probably rolled over a few times last night. I predict they won't get much rest on Friday nights this fall. Folks, it won't be any prettier at Milan next week.

Wow! Could not believe that score....

I disagree that Westview is not a better team than last year.

The defense is a lot better or Huntingdon is a lot worse, take your pick.

I think the WV defense, who is returning 9 starters, is just a lot better. That nose guard, 77 was the key to the whole snap problem Huntingdon was having. They could not do anything with him. They brought in another center and he didn't do much better. WV was in the backfield all night.

Huntingdon's defense was stingy at time and forced at least 3 field goal attempts. I have to say it was one of the worst beatings I have ever seen Huntingdon take.

I too was very surprised by the low number of kids Huntingdon fielded.

Bad about the Wallace kid. He is the best hoss they have and he is going to be missed as long as he is out.

One of the worst exhibitions of Huntingdon football I have witnessed in many, many years of watching happened last night at Paul Ward Stadium. Yes, we lost Holder to graduation last year. We also lost our pre-season all state center, Travis Ward, to a career ending knee injury a few weeks ago. That was very evident last night. Wallace (pre-season all state) went down early last night to an ankle injury. But those things should not have devastated the team. It has become evident to most in the stands that Swenson's hokus pokus offense is a joke. He wanted a small squad. He got it. I can't remember when Huntingdon has only had 40+ young men on the team. We've always prided ourselves in the number of kids that wanted to play Huntingdon football. Those days are gone. C. H. Pudor and Paul Ward probably rolled over a few times last night. I predict they won't get much rest on Friday nights this fall. Folks, it won't be any prettier at Milan next week.

i agree with the weird offense! all u got to do against huntingdon is put 14 people in the box.. lol they dont throw it got all 11 players in a big ball.. i have never saw any thing like it in my life.. only way it will work if their o line was just absolutely awesome, which they are big but didnt block very well. mustangs backs have alot of speed but dont get any day light in the BALL FOrmation!.. Westview is good and we will have a tough test next week, but the mustangs definitely helped them out

... if the mustangs get down big in a game they need to just hang it up... they can't throw i dont understand when they are gonna figure that out

i agree with the weird offense! all u got to do against huntingdon is put 14 people in the box.. lol they dont throw it got all 11 players in a big ball.. i have never saw any thing like it in my life.. only way it will work if their o line was just absolutely awesome, which they are big but didnt block very well. mustangs backs have alot of speed but dont get any day light in the BALL FOrmation!.. Westview is good and we will have a tough test next week, but the mustangs definitely helped them out

... if the mustangs get down big in a game they need to just hang it up... they can't throw i dont understand when they are gonna figure that out

OldGold i agree with every word you just said and i like this post as well. Swenson's offense worked last year most games because the offensive line was way better. They had leaders on the o-line last year. Walters and Carter were both 3 year starters and they led the front. This year i havent seen any of that. There is some game experience up front, but no leader. And Holder is gone. Someone is going to have to step up in the backfield and make something happen. Holder did it running Swenson's offense, so why cant someone else? Im as disappointed in the program right now as i ever have been in my years as a fan. There was never any cheering from the fans, and i dont even think i heard the band play last night. It's gonna be a long year

Before You Start Patting Westview On The Back...You Shoulda Seen The Game. Painful To Watch. :twisted: Westview In My Opinion Aint A Lick Better Than Last Season.

I wasn't there but from what i heard on the radio i will have to agree with you! District 13AA will be up for crabs this season. There will be no clear cut favorite! 6 to's you ain't suppose to win!

Edited by zebra99

Before You Start Patting Westview On The Back...You Shoulda Seen The Game. Painful To Watch. :twisted: Westview In My Opinion Aint A Lick Better Than Last Season.

Butchie, if you dont think that defense was better than last year's defense, then you didnt follow Westview throughout the year. You know I did. It's totally different. I will say this, Coach has to get a few things ironed out on offense. The Westview team that got beat by McKenzie last year did not show up at any other game. We got beat by other teams, but we didnt play that sorry at another game. I am not taking anything away from McKenzie's season, they had a great year, but Westview had a terrible game against them last year. I dont think Westview's offense had a great night last night, even though we scored 34 unanswered points, but that will come around. The team is much improved overall, and the season will show that we are overall a much stronger and more mature team than last year.

Butchie, if you dont think that defense was better than last year's defense, then you didnt follow Westview throughout the year. You know I did. It's totally different. I will say this, Coach has to get a few things ironed out on offense. The Westview team that got beat by McKenzie last year did not show up at any other game. We got beat by other teams, but we didnt play that sorry at another game. I am not taking anything away from McKenzie's season, they had a great year, but Westview had a terrible game against them last year. I dont think Westview's offense had a great night last night, even though we scored 34 unanswered points, but that will come around. The team is much improved overall, and the season will show that we are overall a much stronger and more mature team than last year.

Well.. I Always Like A Good Discussion. Your Right I Did Not See Em Like You Saw Em Last Year. But Most Of The turnovers Was From Exchanges Not being Created By Westview Players. But If You Say Last Nights Defense Was Good, O.k. I Will Take Ya Word For It. And If Ya Came Away With A Fuzzy Feeling Of Your Offense ya Should Have. Ya Run Game Is Weak At Best And Ya Lil Slant Route Aint Gonna Win Ya Games Without Being More Fluid. Now Ya QB Did A Great Job Throwing The Ball, So Let's Leave Him Out Of It. But Your Player Execution And Run Blocking Is Terrible. Now You May Be Saying The Same Of Mckenzie Because I Aint Seen Em Yet. But From What I Saw Last Night It Wasn't Much Different Than Last Year.

The Mustangs couldn't even snap the ball....I know they lost their All-State center but good grief, somebody on that team can snap a football...Even some little guy snapping would be better than just giving a possession over because a center can't get the ball in the QB's hands....