Huntingdon Mustangs

MustangNation

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful oldgold..I said that last year about swensons offense and was called the biggest moron and huntingdon hater of all time. hate to say i told ya so. I know a few of the guys and seein there faces last night showed that they left what they had on the field. 10 fumbles 7 lost. The center caused all but 2 of them. Last year was a product of havin 2 great backs and with loads of experience. Bam melton has the arm to throw, he just needs the receiver and time. Just hope they can develop something if not gonna be a long season.

I don't remember the mustangs being that embarressed in my lifetime. We couldn't do anything right last night. We can lay down and quit or we can get back up and try again. Our kickoff philosophy just baffels me.The road only gets tougher as we travel down it. Lots of injuries have plagued us.We better bow up and get it or it's gonna be a long season.

I don't remember the mustangs being that embarressed in my lifetime. We couldn't do anything right last night. We can lay down and quit or we can get back up and try again. Our kickoff philosophy just baffels me.The road only gets tougher as we travel down it. Lots of injuries have plagued us.We better bow up and get it or it's gonna be a long season.

[/quote

Huntingdon may start 0-3 this season. Been a long time but sooner or later every program has a down year or two.

Edited by bobo18

I have a feeling the "Stangs" problem has carried over from last year when they had "team" problems during the playoff game @ Union City. Two of their best plays...#19 and maybe Holder, got into it and things turn sour.

Not for sure but I have already been told by several of the "Stangs" faithful, that the football ain't what it used to be.

Good luck folks.

Edited by UCGRAD

I have a feeling the "Stangs" problem has carried over from last year when they had "team" problems during the playoff game @ Union City. Two of their best plays...#19 and maybe Holder, got into it and things turn sour.

Not for sure but I have already been told by several of the "Stangs" faithful, that the football ain't what it used to be.

Good luck folks.

The Mustangs need a little luck this year, but I expect they will have to make what luck they get. I honestly don't think the altercation between Thompson (#19) and Holder has anything to do with our problems this year. To bring everyone up to speed on the Brittian Thompson issue, he was kicked off the team for his actions and not allowed to come out for football for the 2010 year either. He also had to pay to go to the football banquet (as a guest) last year and was not recognized in any way for being on the 2009 team. He started every game in '09 and got absolutely no recognition for it. That's a tough penalty for a minute and a half of inappropriate action by a 16 or 17 year old kid. A lot of coaches could have made a man out of him with that same situation and he possibly could have gotten a college scholarship and changed his entire life. But that's water under the bridge. We've got 40+ other boys on the team and what would we want with a possible Mr. Football finalist in a school the size of Huntingdon? LOL

I have now heard that the team is practicing on Sunday now. Now they are up to 7 days a week. Let me be the first to predict that 2 weeks from now there won't be 40 Mustangs on our roster. The past several years we have dressed out in the neighborhood of 70. I'm trying to think back 2 or 3 years ago and remember what changed in the program we were all so proud of.

Folks, it appears there's trouble in paradise.........................

Hello again! From reading these posts on here, I am not sure if the Huntingdon faithful understand certain things. I had to read the Jackson Sun to understand what happened to the Mustangs night. It seemed like to me from reading that Swenson didnt fumble all those balls. Nor did the other coaches. But these "Guru's" out here blame it and totally bash Swenson mostly.

Dont forget whom your coach is, players!! He wont fail you! I am sure, if I know him like I do, that was was up all night thinking of how he can make an offense work. I bet you that he will probably have his team READY next week. If its a formation change to a realignment of persoannel.

It seems like several negative people in Huntingdon dont like Swenson, thinking he made EVERY mistake in this game. Even State Championship teams make mistakes!! If all it is fumbles, then I wouldnt be to concerned. Doesnt Union City run a highly risky offense (veer, i believe). What if they fumbles ever how many times. Guess what, they are going down too!!

Old Gold mentioned that several old coaches would be rolling in there graves after seeing this last game. I bet they also rolled in there graves when a fellow Huntingdon Mustange like YOU, got on message board and publicly said that our current head coach is what he is!! You should change your name to somebody from somewhere else. Huntingdon faithful should not pay anttention to you nor have ANTYHING TO DO WITH YOU!!! This was week 1, what faith you must have in the Mustang program to make such comments after just 1 single game!

To the Huntingdon players, the 1996-2003 teams believed in his offense system, If I am right they scored more points than most teams in the entire state IN ALL 5 CLASSES those years. Believe in that system, and execute it, good things will come!!

Several people want to know who i am. I am an old friend from the EAST. I was good friends with Swenson and one of my close friends Malcom Pendergrass. People have asked if i am his wife. Nope, just a friend from his hometown of Harriman.

Hello again! From reading these posts on here, I am not sure if the Huntingdon faithful understand certain things. I had to read the Jackson Sun to understand what happened to the Mustangs night. It seemed like to me from reading that Swenson didnt fumble all those balls. Nor did the other coaches. But these "Guru's" out here blame it and totally bash Swenson mostly.

Dont forget whom your coach is, players!! He wont fail you! I am sure, if I know him like I do, that was was up all night thinking of how he can make an offense work. I bet you that he will probably have his team READY next week. If its a formation change to a realignment of persoannel.

It seems like several negative people in Huntingdon dont like Swenson, thinking he made EVERY mistake in this game. Even State Championship teams make mistakes!! If all it is fumbles, then I wouldnt be to concerned. Doesnt Union City run a highly risky offense (veer, i believe). What if they fumbles ever how many times. Guess what, they are going down too!!

Old Gold mentioned that several old coaches would be rolling in there graves after seeing this last game. I bet they also rolled in there graves when a fellow Huntingdon Mustange like YOU, got on message board and publicly said that our current head coach is what he is!! You should change your name to somebody from somewhere else. Huntingdon faithful should not pay anttention to you nor have ANTYHING TO DO WITH YOU!!! This was week 1, what faith you must have in the Mustang program to make such comments after just 1 single game!

To the Huntingdon players, the 1996-2003 teams believed in his offense system, If I am right they scored more points than most teams in the entire state IN ALL 5 CLASSES those years. Believe in that system, and execute it, good things will come!!

Several people want to know who i am. I am an old friend from the EAST. I was good friends with Swenson and one of my close friends Malcom Pendergrass. People have asked if i am his wife. Nope, just a friend from his hometown of Harriman.

I agree with a lot of this. Im as big of a Swenson fan as anyone around here. I know how he won here earlier, how he won at Hickman County, and how hes turned down offensive coordiantor jobs at some of the biggest schools in the state. One of my previous post mentioned how last year and in previous years they ran the same offense. It won then. Terrance Bell rushed for 350+ yards and 6 TDS in the state game in 03, Boo Weathers ran for thousands of yards in this offense, Chris Donald never had trouble with the offensive system, Kennon Holder now holds the TSSAA state rushing record in a single game because of Swenson's offense. So i believe i would put some of the blame on the players. No leadership up front, no execution with the ball snap or QB-RB exchange. And another thing. How can anyone blame Swenson for not having players to play. Is it his fault that kids chose to play golf instead of football? No way. I'm behind Swenson 100% and think he will do great things for this program if given enough support

The Mustangs need a little luck this year, but I expect they will have to make what luck they get. I honestly don't think the altercation between Thompson (#19) and Holder has anything to do with our problems this year. To bring everyone up to speed on the Brittian Thompson issue, he was kicked off the team for his actions and not allowed to come out for football for the 2010 year either. He also had to pay to go to the football banquet (as a guest) last year and was not recognized in any way for being on the 2009 team. He started every game in '09 and got absolutely no recognition for it. That's a tough penalty for a minute and a half of inappropriate action by a 16 or 17 year old kid. A lot of coaches could have made a man out of him with that same situation and he possibly could have gotten a college scholarship and changed his entire life. But that's water under the bridge. We've got 40+ other boys on the team and what would we want with a possible Mr. Football finalist in a school the size of Huntingdon? LOL

I have now heard that the team is practicing on Sunday now. Now they are up to 7 days a week. Let me be the first to predict that 2 weeks from now there won't be 40 Mustangs on our roster. The past several years we have dressed out in the neighborhood of 70. I'm trying to think back 2 or 3 years ago and remember what changed in the program we were all so proud of.

Folks, it appears there's trouble in paradise.........................

thompson had plenty chances. the union city game was just the straw that broke the camels back. he was kicked off every team he was on in middle school, football and basketball. need to know the history of a situation before coming to conclusions. his bad attitude and inability to be a team player carried over to the rest of the team. had problems from the time he walked on the field as a freshman

I agree with a lot of this. Im as big of a Swenson fan as anyone around here. I know how he won here earlier, how he won at Hickman County, and how hes turned down offensive coordiantor jobs at some of the biggest schools in the state. One of my previous post mentioned how last year and in previous years they ran the same offense. It won then. Terrance Bell rushed for 350+ yards and 6 TDS in the state game in 03, Boo Weathers ran for thousands of yards in this offense, Chris Donald never had trouble with the offensive system, Kennon Holder now holds the TSSAA state rushing record in a single game because of Swenson's offense. So i believe i would put some of the blame on the players. No leadership up front, no execution with the ball snap or QB-RB exchange. And another thing. How can anyone blame Swenson for not having players to play. Is it his fault that kids chose to play golf instead of football? No way. I'm behind Swenson 100% and think he will do great things for this program if given enough support

Yes i agree that Swensons offense can put up major points and yards, but at the same time its so compact that if you get 1 dominant player on the other side of the ball he can be in on every play whether its toward his side or not. and as far as the boys quitting. thats what swenson wanted. i had heard from players that he told them that he wanted a small group and was going to work them harder and harder until he had that. I may be wrong but that doesnt sound like something any of the previous Huntingdon football coaches would have ever said.

Mustang players, I wish I could ban all of you from this site but I can't. But there are a few things I want all of you to know.

The true football fans in Huntingdon are behind you and will back you till the very end. Remember that, no matter what else is written and play every play as though it would be your last!!! Keep your heads up and wear the Blue and Gold with pride.