Clinic Bowl: Franklin vs. BGA

TheAnswer21

You are the one that must not be close to the program! I was at the Goodpasture Scrimmage and I still see a very cabable running back. Like I said we re-load! I know Dye will be missed, but with our passing game the way it is: WE WILL BE FINE!

Did you not go to scrimmages and see the ball being thrown and caught so well by WR and TE's??

Re-load? Guess your powder got wet during the weather delay.

To me this was a magical night because two of the greatest coaches in my eyes were assembled back together on this field, Marty Euverard and Donnie Webb. The last time these guys were together, there was a state championship trophy in their hands for Oakland High School. The love and respect between these two men is clearly evident even after being seperated for many yrs and on opposite sides of the field. I have to admit, I shed a tear or two at this game watching them last night back together and re-living the memories of them coaching my son at OHS. I hope that the folk at BGA realize the effect that these men will have on your children now and in the future. The look on Marty's face was priceless as the horn sounded.

Franklin went into this game as the clear favorite and that is the kind of situation Marty U likes to be in ...as the underdog. The weather was clearly a factor at first causing a delay and leading to some cramping. It made both teams have slow starts and difficulty getting into a rhythmn. I was sort of stunned to see the passing for BGA and folk from Oldschool OHS know why. That Blake Thompson for BGA is a stud and I cannot for the life of me understand why he didn't walk out with the Def. Player of the Game instead of the kid from Franklin. Thompson's INT saved the game plain and simple. Franklin had a chance to take it down as they clearly had the momentum at that time and weariness for BGA's D was becoming a factor, but Thompson stepped up and sealed the deal. Not to mention his play on both sides of the ball all night long!! When Donnie came out in the 4-3 after the half, it seemed to confuse the Franklin players and caused them to fall apart. That's Donnie for you....a mastermind of the D. But Franklin began to adjust and get into scoring mode. The missed extra point was big and it seemed to give BGA back their fire as they were starting to wear down.

I am just so happy for BGA. I never thought I would ever in my life support a private school team, but these two men, Donnie and Marty are two of the finest men ever and I will be driving in to see this magic take place. CONGRATS to the Wildcats!

That Blake Thompson for BGA is a stud and I cannot for the life of me understand why he didn't walk out with the Def. Player of the Game instead of the kid from Franklin. Thompson's INT saved the game plain and simple. Franklin had a chance to take it down as they clearly had the momentum at that time and weariness for BGA's D was becoming a factor, but Thompson stepped up and sealed the deal.

Saved the game? Franklin had the ball at about their own 10 with 35 seconds left and no timeouts, with an offense that had struggled all night, so I dont't really see how he "saved the game plain and simple".

A couple of things. I did not get to attend the game but caught the last 6 minutes online.

1. Franklin has to find a running game. They do have a great QB but without a respectable threat on the ground he will struggle.

2. The announcers mentioned that several times throughout the night the recievers were not on the same page as the QB. If you don't have a running game. Consistentcy in the passing game is a must.

3. The late hit called on the QB was quite questionable with 4 minutes to go. Looks like the BGA sidleine persuaded the ref to throw it. What happened on Franklin sideline to garner another 15 yard penalty?

A couple of things. I did not get to attend the game but caught the last 6 minutes online.

1. Franklin has to find a running game. They do have a great QB but without a respectable threat on the ground he will struggle.

2. The announcers mentioned that several times throughout the night the recievers were not on the same page as the QB. If you don't have a running game. Consistentcy in the passing game is a must.

3. The late hit called on the QB was quite questionable with 4 minutes to go. Looks like the BGA sidleine persuaded the ref to throw it. What happened on Franklin sideline to garner another 15 yard penalty?

The Franklin coaching staff ran out on the field when the refs threw the flag for the late hit out of bounds so the refs tacked on another 15 yards

Well I guess I must admit that the running game was down without Dye or Miller. There was not too many holes to run through anyways. We got to get better blocking. Matt was great at QB and he hit David (TE) and Riley(WR) with several passes. We had way too many dropped balls. If we catch the dropped balls then look out, the game would have been a whole different story. The Rebel D played great except for one play. All in all it was a good football game.

One thing to think about. The late hit out of bounds was the worst call ever and then the flag on our sideline for responding to such a TERRIBLE call. Those yards all hurt us in the end.

Keep working Rebels. On to game two. The Rebels will be just fine.

I think BGA's starting 11 will be competitive but as the season goes along depth will become a real issue. Congrats to BGA great win! :popcorneater:

Mmm, you may be correct, but the same can be said with a lot of teams, 1 or 2 good players missing, and it really creates a much different team. Let's definitely not hope for injuries or anything to any of these young guys, and I know neither of us are saying that, but even with you all's numbers, depth can become an issue very quickly if a key cog or two is missing or banged up a little. Thanks for the congrats though. I really think you mean it.:) Same to you guys, but I thought you all would handle Tully pretty easily. They are much improved though. This is TG, by the way, waited a whole legal year to get back on this thing, but I often read your posts. Hope both our teams can stay healthy and continue to put up "W's". Man, Sat. was one of the most memorable nights in my life, and I know you know what I mean...