Gibson County VS Humboldt

JungleJim125

Does Humboldt have a Kelcey Williams Jr. or something?

I guess I'll be made a believer Friday night when Humboldt rolls to town, huh?

Butchie, what're you talking 'bout losing money?... lol, you don't have to worry about too much.

I Uh, Was Uh, Referring To Uh...If I Had Uh....Bet Money On The Uh....Humboldt/Dyersburg Uh...Game. :twisted:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just letting you all in on one more secret: Humboldt had a state champion track team. No we didn't win it, but we were leading the last leg by a long shot when a hamstring was pulled. All runners start on our football team. Speed - OMG - Speed.

GC - we didn't lose too many from last year. We lost, Dunbar and we lost KJ, what most don't realize, KJ didn't start as full back, that was Wedley.

So we have Cambell, Wedley, Kimble, Shepherd, Brooks, McLilly, McCorry, Williams, OMG that's 8 lightening fast backs - The only person lost in the back field was our QB. Our other back is QB now.

Now didn't GC lose some one. So the question is: Did GC get back what they lost plus more than they had, because Humboldt got back what they lost, and got more than what they had.

Took some restructering, but think they'll have it together come Friday.

Does Humboldt have a Kelcey Williams Jr. or something?

I guess I'll be made a believer Friday night when Humboldt rolls to town, huh?

Butchie, what're you talking 'bout losing money?... lol, you don't have to worry about too much.

Let's see that's our QB's younger brother. LOL

But he doesn't play football.

Edited by VikeTheKing

Gibson Co. lost Sherrod Johnson who is now playing down in Memphis for the Tigers. We return all other skill positioned players along with our QB and we have a very solid OLine. There are several more athletes who didn't play last year that have come out for this years team. Trust me, they are not slow either, lol.

KJ Montague may not have started against us last year, but he hurt us more than Quan did besides that 1 big play at the end of the game when Quan took off for the TD. IFFFF we can make you guys run in between the tackles, I feel safe. IFFFFF you guys get outside, then that might be when your speed becomes a factor. If we keep outside contain and not let your backs turn the corner on us, I feel confident in our DLine and LB's in containing the run game. Who is the QB for the Vikes this year?

Just letting you all in on one more secret: Humboldt had a state champion track team. No we didn't win it, but we were leading the last leg by a long shot when a hamstring was pulled. All runners start on our football team. Speed - OMG - Speed.

GC - we didn't lose too many from last year. We lost, Dunbar and we lost KJ, what most don't realize, KJ didn't start as full back, that was Wedley.

So we have Cambell, Wedley, Kimble, Shepherd, Brooks, McLilly, McCorry, Williams, OMG that's 8 lightening fast backs - The only person lost in the back field was our QB. Our other back is QB now.

Now didn't GC lose some one. So the question is: Did GC get back what they lost plus more than they had, because Humboldt got back what they lost, and got more than what they had.

Took some restructering, but think they'll have it together come Friday.

You didn't throw in Brooks or Kimble. They are pretty darn fast themselves! I don't mean to hard on GC but imo this HBT team is much better than 06-07 team what are your thoughts! This team is much quicker and has more speed!

Gibson Co. lost Sherrod Johnson who is now playing down in Memphis for the Tigers. We return all other skill positioned players along with our QB and we have a very solid OLine. There are several more athletes who didn't play last year that have come out for this years team. Trust me, they are not slow either, lol.

KJ Montague may not have started against us last year, but he hurt us more than Quan did besides that 1 big play at the end of the game when Quan took off for the TD. IFFFF we can make you guys run in between the tackles, I feel safe. IFFFFF you guys get outside, then that might be when your speed becomes a factor. If we keep outside contain and not let your backs turn the corner on us, I feel confident in our DLine and LB's in containing the run game. Who is the QB for the Vikes this year?

Harris,Shepard and maybe Brittain. Don't know who Bland will start? I look for Harris to start and Shepard will get some playing time Friday night as well.

Bigster I must agree with you as far as Halls and Lake Co. are concerned, I haven't watche GC. Humboldt looked solid. I must say that the QBs you saw are both seniors, but are capable of completing the short and accurate passes that are necessary and the long unexpected passes because our receivers are so fast. I believe we ran, around 8 or 9 different backs in the Jamboree, and I believe you will see atleast that many in every game.

GC I know you guys are hungry for a win against Hbt, but they definetly aren't going to lay down and let you have it.

So tell us, what you bring to the table.

I'm assumming you saw Halls and Lake Co in the Dyersburg Jamboree.Lake Co did have a couple players that didn't dress.I saw Halls play Gibson co in a game that I thought Halls had won,only to see Gibson co score with about a minute left on a long play.And I read Greenfield had beaten Gibson co so I'm kinda going by that also,although Greenfield may be pretty tough this year.!Still believe Humboldt is the best of these teams .!

I'm assumming you saw Halls and Lake Co in the Dyersburg Jamboree.Lake Co did have a couple players that didn't dress.I saw Halls play Gibson co in a game that I thought Halls had won,only to see Gibson co score with about a minute left on a long play.And I read Greenfield had beaten Gibson co so I'm kinda going by that also,although Greenfield may be pretty tough this year.!Still believe Humboldt is the best of these teams .!

Yes i saw where Greenfield beat GC 22-6 in a scrimmage. But thats it a scrimmage don't mean alot. I did'nt know Halls almost beat GC. Like i stated LC has some good athletes and will win some games this season and i think will be a playoff team. I sure GC has improved and i hope the Pioneers have a good year. But i don't think they can play with Hbt. I may be wrong won't be the first and won't be the last. I can't see GC containing the speed of Hbt and sure they don't have the depth. Good luck to everone Friday night. The weather man says the temps will be in the 80's toward the end of the week. Let's play some football! :thumb:

My friend they are that much better! They are bigger and are very quick and are deep this season! Quote Coach Dan Bland this is one of the quickest teams i have coach in a long time. Believe when Vike the King tells u they have more than Quan he ain't joshing! The Vikes have 2 good QB's and the backfield is FAST! If the OL blocks like they did in the jamboree! I will be surprise it the starters play 2 to 2 and half quarters! I agree with u a jamboree is a just that! I don't put much into them. A good coach can teach kid many things. But one thing they can't teach speed! Once Harris,Campbell,Shepard, Brooks break the line of scrimmage GC has no one to catch them. I will be schocked if GC gets within 4 TD's! I am taking nothing fron GC hope they have a great year.But GC does not have the horses tho play with the Vikings this year! Good luck to both! :|

I agree.I'm thinking about 14-0 after 1 quarter..maybe 28-0 or 28 to 7 at the half and then depends on the starters.Unless Gibson co has some players I didn't see.Never know about fumbles,etc but I think Humbold wins by 4 touchdowns.!