Gibson County VS Humboldt

JungleJim125

LOL, not quite as bigster was the same person that said Halls was going to beat us as well. Prediction are just that...predictions. If Gibson Co. wins by 28, he'll look like a big time fool, lol. Keep coming with the blowout predictions please.... zebra, you're predicting 28-35 points too, right? lol

I talked to a former Humboldt player today and was talking about this years Humboldt team. He said they'll be about the same as last year. Told him about all the hype I've been hearing, he was surprised.

Yes but I did get 2 games right for 50 percent.And should have gotten the Halls game also.Can't believe Halls let Gibson co score on that long play at the end.Plus with Gibson co losing the way they did to Greenfield is also what I'm going with.Usually I like waiting until the regular season but I thought Humboldt looked pretty good.!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt looks very good on film. They have size, speed and are well coached. I have not seen the Straight-T Offense in twenty+ years so that will make for a very interesting game. In the Age of the SPREAD OFFENSE it is refreshing to see some old school ideas still have a place at the table.

The first game is always interesting to say the least! Adding special teams into the mix for the first time always adds to the suspense. Football is about blocking and tackling. The team with the best fundamentals should win the game. The problem for both teams will be conditioning and heat. The forecast is for cooler weather (relatively speaking), I suspect the lack of outdoor practices these past few weeks will still play a role in the 4th quarter.

We are happy to host the Humboldt Vikings in our season opener and we hope you have a safe trip.

On a personal note: We all miss our RB, Darius and we wish him a speedy recovery. I hate it that your senior season ended so soon. Get well and we will see you back in school. You are a good leader and we miss your leadership in practice.

Edited by ELA

Humboldt looks very good on film. They have size, speed and are well coached. I have not seen the Straight-T Offense in twenty+ years so that will make for a very interesting game. In the Age of the SPREAD OFFENSE it is refreshing to see some old school ideas still have a place at the table.

The first game is always interesting to say the least! Adding special teams into the mix for the first time always adds to the suspense. Football is about blocking and tackling. The team with the best fundamentals should win the game. The problem for both teams will be conditioning and heat. The forecast is for cooler weather (relatively speaking), I suspect the lack of outdoor practices these past few weeks will still play a role in the 4th quarter.

We are happy to host the Humboldt Vikings in our season opener and we hope you have a safe trip.

On a personal note: We all miss our RB, Darius and we wish him a speedy recovery. I hate it that your senior season ended so soon. Get well and we will see you back in school. You are a good leader and we miss your leadership in practice.

Thank you coach and hopefully you and the Pioneers will have a great year! :thumb:

Greenfield is not just Dalton Potts. True, he is a good athlete, and he's looking good at QB right now. But, the Jackets have a lot more than just Dalton. We have a lot more athletic kids on the team this year, and they all have a good attitude...want to win....and want to work hard to win. So, it's really not a fair statement to make that Dalton is the whole team....a big part of the team, yea...but there's more. Our RB's will surprise some people this year. Our line is young and smaller this year, but they hustle and try hard.

Greenfield is not just Dalton Potts. True, he is a good athlete, and he's looking good at QB right now. But, the Jackets have a lot more than just Dalton. We have a lot more athletic kids on the team this year, and they all have a good attitude...want to win....and want to work hard to win. So, it's really not a fair statement to make that Dalton is the whole team....a big part of the team, yea...but there's more. Our RB's will surprise some people this year. Our line is young and smaller this year, but they hustle and try hard.

Thats great i hope the Jackets have a good year! Attitude goes a long way!

Yea, we did lose to Greenfield by a few TD's in a scrimmage where our starting RB went down with torn ACL. What you fail to look at is the fact we played McNairy Central, a solid 4A school that is better than Greenfield, to a 6-0 game and should've won as we had a TD called back for holding and also nearly took a pickoff to the house for 6. Other than the 1 big play that McNairy had on us, our defense played outstanding against McNairy's spread offense. They were both a scrimmage and jambo, so you really can't judge much by either of those 2. Judge us Friday night when it really matters.

volsfan007, you take Dalton away from Greenfield is nowhere near as good as they are.... sorry dude.

Yea, we did lose to Greenfield by a few TD's in a scrimmage where our starting RB went down with torn ACL. What you fail to look at is the fact we played McNairy Central, a solid 4A school that is better than Greenfield, to a 6-0 game and should've won as we had a TD called back for holding and also nearly took a pickoff to the house for 6. Other than the 1 big play that McNairy had on us, our defense played outstanding against McNairy's spread offense. They were both a scrimmage and jambo, so you really can't judge much by either of those 2. Judge us Friday night when it really matters.

volsfan007, you take Dalton away from Greenfield is nowhere near as good as they are.... sorry dude.

McNairy Central wasn't solid last year, but they were better than GC. They won 2 games last year.

Fri Aug. 28 Ripley L 12-37

Fri Sep. 4 at Bolivar Central D W 37-20

Fri Sep. 11 at Adamsville L 0-18

Sat Sep. 19 Chester Co. D 7PM L 20-39

Fri Sep. 25 Hardin Co. L 0-28

Fri Oct. 2 at Fayette Ware D W 38-16

Fri Oct. 9 Liberty Tech. Magnet D L 6-56

Fri Oct. 16 Lexington D L 20-49

Fri Oct. 23 at Jackson Central-Merry D L 8-31

Thu Oct. 29 Jackson South Side D L 18-41

Edited by VikeTheKing

McNairy Central wasn't solid last year, but they were better than GC. They won 2 games last year.

Fri Aug. 28 Ripley L 12-37

Fri Sep. 4 at Bolivar Central D W 37-20

Fri Sep. 11 at Adamsville L 0-18

Sat Sep. 19 Chester Co. D 7PM L 20-39

Fri Sep. 25 Hardin Co. L 0-28

Fri Oct. 2 at Fayette Ware D W 38-16

Fri Oct. 9 Liberty Tech. Magnet D L 6-56

Fri Oct. 16 Lexington D L 20-49

Fri Oct. 23 at Jackson Central-Merry D L 8-31

Thu Oct. 29 Jackson South Side D L 18-41

Well, they had athletes and a good QB that could sling it around the field. I don't think you could be much worse than what GC was last year. Too bad we almost beat Humboldt for our only win, huh? lol

Well, they had athletes and a good QB that could sling it around the field. I don't think you could be much worse than what GC was last year. Too bad we almost beat Humboldt for our only win, huh? lol

Grenades and horseshoes is where close counts.

This is football where a W is a W. Something you haven't seen in what -- atleast a year.

And what was that final 34 - 20, hmmmm that doesn't seem too close. But Humboldt returned their starters to play defense and got the pick. Remember when you guys started moving agains our 2nd string we returned our starters, and defense is a part of the game and it counts, not as a lucky pick.

Edited by VikeTheKing

Grenades and horseshoes is where close counts.

This is football where a W is a W. Something you haven't seen in what -- atleast a year.

And what was that final 34 - 20, hmmmm that doesn't seem too close. But Humboldt returned their starters to play defense and got the pick. Remember when you guys started moving agains our 2nd string we returned our starters, and defense is a part of the game and it counts, not as a lucky pick.

You right a w is a w! What kind of practice have the Vikings had this week good or bad! Will if it contiues the rain slow the speed of the Vikings down? A 40 percent chance Friday night! Could that be a blessing for GC? Time is getting closer the excitement is in the air! The heat will play a big part but there is were the depth will come in. Humboldt only plays one player maybe 2 both ways that will be a big factor! Good luck to both i'm sure the Pioneers are fired up itching to get a hold of Humboldt! Lol!! :roflol:

Edited by zebra99

GCPioneer,

The scrimmage ended up 22-6 in favor of the Jackets, and we nearly scored a couple of more times. Also, our starting RB was on the sidelines that night with a deep knee bruise, and he never played a down that night....he's also our starting LB. In single A, in small schools like Greenfield, everyone plays both ways most of the time.

Anyway, yea, your starting RB went down, and I'm hearing that he's done for the year??? I hope not. I hope he recovers soon for yall. But, we didnt have our starter, either. And, he's good.

Also, I agree with you that Potts is a big part of our team. We'd miss him for sure. But, we've got a lot of good players on the team this year...and we have a lot of seniors this year. So, he's not the only one on our team that makes us a better team. Our defense shut yall down, as well. After the first drive, yall didnt score anymore.

But, we'll see what happens. I hope the best for Gibson Co. I hope yall have a good year.