Gibson County VS Humboldt

JungleJim125

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson Co. played McNairy Central last night. Had it been a 4 quarter game, GC would've won. Our defense, other than the 1 play, played extremely well. Our offense moved the ball at times and then stalled. This game last year was an extremely close ball game. Gibson Co. is better this year and is more balanced. If we can contain Quan Campbell, I think GC starts 1-0 in Coach Atkins first year.

Gibson Co. played McNairy Central last night. Had it been a 4 quarter game, GC would've won. Our defense, other than the 1 play, played extremely well. Our offense moved the ball at times and then stalled. This game last year was an extremely close ball game. Gibson Co. is better this year and is more balanced. If we can contain Quan Campbell, I think GC starts 1-0 in Coach Atkins first year.

Be aware --- Humboldt showed up and out last night. There's more than Quan.

Edited by VikeTheKing

You guys deserve a good year in football, hopefully the new coach will stay for a few years and build the program. GC plays in a very tough region.

How does this years Humboldt team compare to last years? I can't see them being THAT much better considering they lost a very good QB in Darren Dunbar. A win over Dyersburg is impressive, but it's just that, a jamboree. This game will really dictate how the season goes for GC. If we can get this W, confidence will by sky high for the team. We really need it to get started on a good note.

How does this years Humboldt team compare to last years? I can't see them being THAT much better considering they lost a very good QB in Darren Dunbar. A win over Dyersburg is impressive, but it's just that, a jamboree. This game will really dictate how the season goes for GC. If we can get this W, confidence will by sky high for the team. We really need it to get started on a good note.

I know that girl's basketball has a great following your area. How will the crowd be at the football game? How many players are out for football? Good luck Fri.

It will be very interesting to Jacket fans to see how this one goes. We play Humboldt, of course; and we played Gibson Co. in a scrimmage. So, it will be telling...somewhat...for Greenfield to see how this one turns out.

I gotta say Humboldt wins this one. But, we shall see.

Kinda hard just from a jamboree but that's about what I did.I watched Gibson Co vs Halls and then Lake Co vs. Halls.Then I watched Humboldt against Dyersburg and feel like Humboldt would beat Lake Co.,Gibson and Halls ..Humboldt looked like they had 70 players on the team..have size and good running backs.If they get any passing out of the quarterback,they are going to be pretty tough.I actually think the quarterback did ok.Threw short passes for the most part when I saw them but I see him getting better as the year progresses.