Grundy Co. @ South Pitt.

RubberBoots

Old Pirate has survived many years of skillet attacks and futeball seasons. SP has the respect of most programs and as for them ther sports writers a picking pre-season top 10 teams....... :roflol: Theys be better a picking top ten bands.

The Pirates are very young and may well take a couple of whippings. OP feels some fans swell too many heads with all the merct rule chatter and high scores. Last year the Pirates could easily find mis-matches and had 3 very fine players that can not be replaced this year.That said then the Pirates can't be as good as the 09 team. OP says this version of the Pirates have un-proven leadership but should identify those as the season goes along.

Now as for this game, recon OP will agree the Pirates will be tough at home with individual talent potential that has to find a team concept. The question here for OP is how long will that take? Grundy will come to the Speedway looking for a upset and rumor is them ther mountain fed boys are strong. The key is for the Pirates to get a quick lead and turn it into a track meet. Figure the Pirates ain't as good as last year but should be good for 14 against anybody. Early prediction from OP is 28-6.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Grundy looks better than they did this time last year. The Pirates are OK, but not as strong as they were this time last year. Sorry, but it's true. But I think Millard will do some maturing in the first few games, and become a good leader. Right now, Millard is really the only weak link compared to last year, and I fully believe that will change in only a few games. When he gets a few games under his belt his experience will come close to matching his cockiness.

And Stephen Hargis makes absolutely no difference on the sideline. I've never seen any benefits from him being there. If you ask me, Hargis and all those photographers just get in the way.

I agree with your assessment for the most part...We will be weaker at QB and safety after losing Terrell...However by midseason this team should be better at every position except the ones left vacated by Mr Robinson....Noseguard possibly as well...Jones and Antonio last year should be much like Antonio and Jonhson this year.....As long as Millard plays his game and doesn't try to be Terrell we will be a well oiled Train come November....IF he falters or gets injured (I NEVER thought I would say this after middle school or last year) we have a steady backup to say the least in 5...Throw in a little wildcat from time to time with 15 and QB play will be fine....Pirates will grow ALOT as season progresses....Whoever thinks having Hargis on our sideline helps us has been drinking too many redbulls with Roy

Old Pirate has survived many years of skillet attacks and futeball seasons. SP has the respect of most programs and as for them ther sports writers a picking pre-season top 10 teams....... :roflol: Theys be better a picking top ten bands.

The Pirates are very young and may well take a couple of whippings. OP feels some fans swell too many heads with all the merct rule chatter and high scores. Last year the Pirates could easily find mis-matches and had 3 very fine players that can not be replaced this year.That said then the Pirates can't be as good as the 09 team. OP says this version of the Pirates have un-proven leadership but should identify those as the season goes along.

Now as for this game, recon OP will agree the Pirates will be tough at home with individual talent potential that has to find a team concept. The question here for OP is how long will that take? Grundy will come to the Speedway looking for a upset and rumor is them ther mountain fed boys are strong. The key is for the Pirates to get a quick lead and turn it into a track meet. Figure the Pirates ain't as good as last year but should be good for 14 against anybody. Early prediction from OP is 28-6.

OP I really get a kick outta you and old Roy's post....You two must be kin or something....That or u two just enjoy dipping into the cooler too much...Quite the imagination you guys have....Don't agree with your prediction though....I will be shocked if SP doesn't score 21 each half and don't see GC scoring more than twice....You honestly think our Train will be that uptight the first game this year? Maybe since it took us a few weeks last year but I just don't see it

Hello all!! The Chef is back in business folks....This Friday The Chef was thinking about driving down to SP and bringing some of his famous sauce and clam chowder....DL The Chef would like to serve you The Chefs famous open face footlong slawdog,,,The Chef welcomes everyone to come by Whitvegas this week for daily specials...As for the game at the soo called speedway...The Chef says Pirates 56 Grundy 14

OP I really get a kick outta you and old Roy's post....You two must be kin or something....That or u two just enjoy dipping into the cooler too much...Quite the imagination you guys have....Don't agree with your prediction though....I will be shocked if SP doesn't score 21 each half and don't see GC scoring more than twice....You honestly think our Train will be that uptight the first game this year? Maybe since it took us a few weeks last year but I just don't see it

Unless ole Roy is sis Gerty incognito we ain't kin, except may be in the brotherhood of skillet heads. :roflol:

Now let OP ask you a question.......did OP say a final score prediction... :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Honestly this game could be 14-21 or ALOT.....Just depends on if we come out firing on all cylinders on offense.....If we do....Watch out

The Chef says TrainTracks should come see The Chef sometime this week....Seems TT has some fond memories of his playing days in the late 90's....The Chef was at that 98 TC game...Tried to serve ol sneaky Clint some Clam Chowder after the game but he was too busy doing the futterwacken in the locker room..:roflol::roflol::roflol:..Tough loss for sure but The Chef is pretty sure he could cheer you up with some chilli pie or some homemade clam chowder....

As for the game....Well TheChef says that its going to be a barn burner so everyone come out and support the kids in the Valley...Maybe those Jackets can catch the Pirates early on...MC almost did it last year after pregaming with some of TheChefs Clam chowder so anything can happen on any given Friday....TheChef says Hope everyone has a safe trip down that Mtn

Edited by TheChef