Memphis Central

MTOWN21

This site is for memphis Central and we are taking up their thread. Start your own thread and I'll debate you there. I'm hearing the same excuses as last year. Those are great schools but they read the same thing I read from one of your followers last year, just no competition. "We have to go to Phoenix". Now are we going to hear "We just have to go to Missouri". I agree, you do. Start your own thread. I'm out of this one.

There's no use in starting a new thread on this because you either don't read what I write or you don't listen. You keep saying I am using the same excuse of "no competition in Tennessee," when I keep telling you it is not a competition thing. Morristown West has plenty of in-state competition on their schedule. I have presented that evidence twice by looking at the first four games on their schedule alone. The trips, whether to Missouri or Arizona, are just an opportunity to play schools from different parts of the country. There's nothing wrong with that. It is also a chance for the players to travel, and unfortunately, there are some that never get an opportunity to see life outside East TN.

And I only brought this up on this thread to defend not only Morristown West, but Memphis Central and ANY OTHER SCHOOL that wishes to travel out of state and play in a national tournament. I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Good luck to Central.

Edited by WMTNTrojans

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the rest of us are just exercising an effort in futility to attempt to qualify for the state tournament. Central has one spot locked up before we start and Ridgeway (your welcome BBE) I know is really good. I guess if we could get home town refs and make it to the region tournament, we might could cheat our way in.

:roflolk:

Ughh, did you have to mention refs so early in the morning :cry:

Anyway, Central will have to prove itself just like every other team. Great players don't always equal a great team and at the end of the season it's all about matchups. Let's just chill DM, we'll get our chance...it's always better to be UNDERestimated in my experience :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to have to give the far West Tennessee Power Schools some credit in coming into the Preseason State Battle of the Boro Saturday when both Riverdale and Blackman plays host to a large number of schools across the State from every Division. Likely, from looking at the schedules, very few will not be closely played games.. Not only are these good schools but admittedly are some of the best Coaches in the State. Riverdale covers the best schools, end to end. Blackman shows a lot of 7AAA and Better schools around the Middle Tennessee Area. No matter where you go, when you travel to the Boro, bring your A game and your A game coaching. This is the best group of Schools and Coaches I have seen in one location at the same Time.

Watched MC play a couple games today at the Riverdale Playday. They played without Ballard. Mt. Juliet was more than they could handle inside and beat MC pretty handly. Then they played Clarksville (without Clarksville's starting point and shooting guard). Clarksville beat them by around 8 in a game where neither scored over 50.

Ballard could make a difference but I'm not sure MC was expecting this much talent but it was good for them to become a part of the State basketball community. Six years ago trhey, and some other schools nin the State, isolated themselves from the state and it took 3-4 years for them to compete. IMO, this will not take that long and this young team will move quickly.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I am going on record to say.............

Memphis Central will dominate every team they face (in state) this year.

With the talent they have coming back and the freshman class coming in, no one will come within 15pts of beating them.

Boom.....1st shot fired!

Dude,I'm not here to call you out for being wrong,or for having an opinion...hey that's what these boards were created for right?Just here to remind you that a bold prediction such as your "boom.....1st shot fired!"post puts a lot of undue pressure on the kids about whom you speak.M.C. has a wonderfuly talented squad,but as Riverdale exposed,they are not unbeatable,especially not with a fifteen point cushion.

Dude,I'm not here to call you out for being wrong,or for having an opinion...hey that's what these boards were created for right?Just here to remind you that a bold prediction such as your "boom.....1st shot fired!"post puts a lot of undue pressure on the kids about whom you speak.M.C. has a wonderfuly talented squad,but as Riverdale exposed,they are not unbeatable,especially not with a fifteen point cushion.

Dude, for Central to go up to Riverdale and get up by 15 and lose in overtime ALMOST makes my case. This team has been threw heck and back! They are still nowhere near playing at the top of their game! MY DECLARATION REMAINS THE SAME!

Dude, for Central to go up to Riverdale and get up by 15 and lose in overtime ALMOST makes my case. This team has been threw heck and back! They are still nowhere near playing at the top of their game! MY DECLARATION REMAINS THE SAME!

Does that make Captin Smith ALMOST a prophet for saying that Titanic was "unsinkable"? I've been a b.ball fan for a long time and there have been unbeaten seasons,but no unbeatable teams. I,in fact expect that Memphis Central shows up at Murfreesboro and challenges Riverdale for the gold.I have merely pointed out that to declare M.C. 15 points plus better than anyone else,although a firm 10 on the cocky meter,was not the brightest statement ever on coachT.For you to take offense and state that"MY DECLARATION REMAINS THE SAME!" ranks slightly lower than the first tho',as it was proven false before it was made....maybe hindsight isn't 20/20 after all! :rolleyes:

Your declaration remains the same? That MC will dominate every team in the state by at least 15? They've already lost dude to an instate team. My guess is next time you play Riverdale, you will lose again and this time it won't be in overtime and you will never be up by 15.