Summertown

coloma20

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had heard here in Collinwood that coach morris was going to be the head coach. has he decided that he didn't want the job or they just want to consider everyone that is interested?

we also heard that some of the girls on the team have decided not to play this year and will be focusing solely on either volleyball or softball. i don't know how true that is but with willard gone, they would need someone special to keep that program where it has been the past ten years or so. i don't see how you could get a real high quality coach with the school year already started.

morris isn't a bad coach, despite what some here say about him. he just might be the very best option for Summertown. good luck to them on finding a coach.

We had heard here in Collinwood that coach morris was going to be the head coach. has he decided that he didn't want the job or they just want to consider everyone that is interested?

we also heard that some of the girls on the team have decided not to play this year and will be focusing solely on either volleyball or softball. i don't know how true that is but with willard gone, they would need someone special to keep that program where it has been the past ten years or so. i don't see how you could get a real high quality coach with the school year already started.

morris isn't a bad coach, despite what some here say about him. he just might be the very best option for Summertown. good luck to them on finding a coach.

Word is Coach Trotter wants to coach both teams for one year only. Morris still wants the job. I heard the final decision could be between those two, but not sure. The decision may be if Trotter is allowed to coach both. I don't think Trotter has ever coached girls.

Word is Coach Trotter wants to coach both teams for one year only. Morris still wants the job. I heard the final decision could be between those two, but not sure. The decision may be if Trotter is allowed to coach both. I don't think Trotter has ever coached girls.

I bet Morris would be ticked if he is passed over for the job for another coach that already has a team and will keep that team also.

I was told today by a secondary source who knows a couple of people involved with the summertown school that a decision has officially been made on the head coaching position and that it was morris. They chose to have him coach the girls over trotter coaching both teams, and trotter is very upset. Also heard that some of the girls have officially called it quits, but who could blame them since many of them are exceptional softball or volleyball players and will excel in those sports without all of this coaching drama. Plus, if you have a hard time relating to morris then it can be a very tough and long year on a player that plays for him. He does as good of a job as he can, but many times his players are not very happy.

LEfan, or any of the other summertown posters, have any info on what has or has not happened???

Edited by AB23

Havent heard the official word yet. I did hear that some of the boys had checked into transferring to other schools if Trotter had gotten/taken the girls team.I dont know if this was true or if it had any impact on the decision. The next few weeks will tell the tale.

I was told today by a secondary source who knows a couple of people involved with the summertown school that a decision has officially been made on the head coaching position and that it was morris. They chose to have him coach the girls over trotter coaching both teams, and trotter is very upset. Also heard that some of the girls have officially called it quits, but who could blame them since many of them are exceptional softball or volleyball players and will excel in those sports without all of this coaching drama. Plus, if you have a hard time relating to morris then it can be a very tough and long year on a player that plays for him. He does as good of a job as he can, but many times his players are not very happy.

LEfan, or any of the other summertown posters, have any info on what has or has not happened???

Morris got the job and no one has quit, in fact they had a junior post player transfer in from Santa Fe that should add more depth to an already deep team.

I think Willard leaving is the best thing for this program. He is one of the most arrogant people I've met over the years. I know he won 200-plus games as head coach. But did he do it with integrity? I don't think so. He plays mind games with the girls instead of telling them what they need to do. There is no room for this in coaching. He then puts up a front with the girls acting like he cares about them. Please!! Phil Willard only cares about Phil Willard!! Ask all the girls that quit under his watch about this.

I think Willard leaving is the best thing for this program. He is one of the most arrogant people I've met over the years. I know he won 200-plus games as head coach. But did he do it with integrity? I don't think so. He plays mind games with the girls instead of telling them what they need to do. There is no room for this in coaching. He then puts up a front with the girls acting like he cares about them. Please!! Phil Willard only cares about Phil Willard!! Ask all the girls that quit under his watch about this.

Wait until they play a while for Jason Morris!!!