Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

Say what u want about wins and titles.Im a Clinton fan and I do think it means alot when teams from Bristol to Memphis know who u are.Teams like DB and Oak Ridge are known across the state.Tenn High and Powell and teams like that are just another game.But to play and beat teams like DB and Oak R is somthing to get pumped about and somthing every team remembers.When we get a chance to beat Oak Ridge and do it we make T-Shirts about it

Say what you will. Point proven with this quote.

LOVED OR HATED. BUT NEVER IGNORED!

FEAR THE SPEAR!

ROLL TRIBE!

By the way, I know this is a stout Senior class for us, but I am with Art Vandalay. Foreman, Swafford, Slaughter, Cook, Hayworth, Taylor and I know there are many other young'uns but we have got talent for a couple of years guys. Make notes for the next couple of years so you don't use all good material this year.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will. Point proven with this quote.

LOVED OR HATED. BUT NEVER IGNORED!

FEAR THE SPEAR!

ROLL TRIBE!

By the way, I know this is a stout Senior class for us, but I am with Art Vandalay. Foreman, Swafford, Slaughter, Cook, Hayworth, Taylor and I know there are many other young'uns but we have got talent for a couple of years guys. Make notes for the next couple of years so you don't use all good material this year.

I didnt read his post to mean this but anyways, why would you hold out on any given good year. I must be misunderstanding your statement to because it makes no sense. I'm not worried about next year or the next. Right now is what matters today, the year of 2010 baby. We will deal with 2011 and 2012 when we get there ;) .

I didnt read his post to mean this but anyways, why would you hold out on any given good year. I must be misunderstanding your statement to because it makes no sense. I'm not worried about next year or the next. Right now is what matters today, the year of 2010 baby. We will deal with 2011 and 2012 when we get there ;) .

You did misunderstand my post. I did not mean that we are holding out for the next couple of years. I simply meant that our cupboard is not bare. We have some young kids that in my opinion will be very good when there number is called (and some of them have already been called up).

I am all about the now as well, I am just hoping that all these 'Haters' save some of their better material, so they are not on here saying the same thing over and over in the years to come.

RTR!

You did misunderstand my post. I did not mean that we are holding out for the next couple of years. I simply meant that our cupboard is not bare. We have some young kids that in my opinion will be very good when there number is called (and some of them have already been called up).

I am all about the now as well, I am just hoping that all these 'Haters' save some of their better material, so they are not on here saying the same thing over and over in the years to come.

RTR!

oh ok and I totally agree with you on this as well. We have some very good underclassman stepping up to fill empty shoes but I will have to give this class of seniors credit, they are great unselfesh leaders. they strive to be the best as a team and they expect the same work and dedication out of the underclassman. I saw them at practice doing their one on one's and the upperclassman cheered and yelled for them as they clashed and you could just tell how hard the underclassman was working and how that chanting and cheering from their upperclassman leaders made such a difference in their performance, it made them want it. They couldn't follow a better class than the class of 2011.

Also, the Haters will say the samethings year after year because thats all the material they have :lol: .

Edited by FootballMania

10 hours since a post on this thread...

Come on bump bump!

Loved or Hated but never ignored!

The States All Time Winningest Program..HA!

Roll Tribe.

Word is practice has gone very well this week. Really putting the line through their paces and looking good.

Little mixing it up on the offense , looked like a couple players getting the touch and feel of the game plan together.

Come on bump bump!

Roll Tribe.

Word is practice has gone very well this week. Really putting the line through their paces and looking good.

Little mixing it up on the offense , looked like a couple players getting the touch and feel of the game plan together.

Sup Plowboy? Hey any health report? Hoping for an injury free week ..also hoping for a great fan turnout Friday :thumb:

Come on bump bump!

Roll Tribe.

Good News Deluxe Plowboy. We need to be ready Friday night at Clinton. Clinton put up almost 400 yrds. on Halls who I thought was a pretty good team when we scrimmaged them. Take away 4 of those 6 turnovers and they beat Halls by at least 3 TD's. I know Clinton lost that stud QB they had last year but this years "team' might just be better overall than last year. We're on their home field which is another hurdle to overcome. We gotta' be ready lock horns.

Sup Plowboy? Hey any health report? Hoping for an injury free week ..also hoping for a great fan turnout Friday :thumb:

All is well got a couple with pulls & strains,,, Funny JR Toppers played Sevier last-night & every coach was tuned in to the last part of DB's practice primarily Defense & Kicking trying to get a leg up Freshamn play Toppers tommrow at DB

Hinck you forgot # 13 SB working hard & getting the opportunity

Edited by Homey D Man

I heard Forman went wild on Science Hill in the JV game last night. Im excited about this years team......but just wait 'till next year and again in 2012.

Foreman had 2 INT's and returned both for TD's. He also had 1 TD Reception. Plus 2 great punt returns, about 80 yards on those 2 returns. Cook played great at QB in the first half.

DB JV killed Science Hill for 1-1/2 qtrs. It was 27-0 with 8 min to go in the 2nd qtr. Then DB started fooling around, switching players... lost focus and momentum and dang near lost the game. Give the Toppers credit, they battled and didn't quit. The Final was 27-24. Goes to show, when you have a team down, go ahead and stomp the crap out of 'em... especially the Toppers. Momentum is like money, when it's gone, you don't get it back.

Roll Tribe Roll

All is well got a couple with pulls & strains,,, Funny JR Toppers played Sevier last-night & every coach was tuned in to the last part of DB's practice primarily Defense & Kicking trying to get a leg up Freshamn play Toppers tommrow at DB

Hinck you forgot # 13 SB working hard & getting the opportunity

Very true Homey. SB comes from a really good family as well. I knew I would forget someone's name once I started. SB also played really well last year, I got to see him in some of the freshmen games.

RTR! Get out and support the Freshmen Indians tonight.

Some good football post over the last few hours.A couple of old Tribe players ask me today if they were for real this year.I said if we can stay healthy,the speed on this team could make it special.I didn't watch any film or shows this week,but what I seen from Cannon on two or three plays,you just can't teach to an average athlete.That kind of player can turn a 14 point swing in a game,meaning the difference in winning or losing a lot of games.I thought Chris was as good as I have seen him last week,even last years South game.Throw in the fact he is playing both ways and that really makes him special.I allways thought he would be a great asset on the defensive side of the ball.The line got it done on both sides of the ball and I was well pleased with the play of a lot of younger guys.I'll check out now,I know the circus will crank back up soon.Roll Tribe

Some good football post over the last few hours.A couple of old Tribe players ask me today if they were for real this year.I said if we can stay healthy,the speed on this team could make it special.I didn't watch any film or shows this week,but what I seen from Cannon on two or three plays,you just can't teach to an average athlete.That kind of player can turn a 14 point swing in a game,meaning the difference in winning or losing a lot of games.I thought Chris was as good as I have seen him last week,even last years South game.Throw in the fact he is playing both ways and that really makes him special.I allways thought he would be a great asset on the defensive side of the ball.The line got it done on both sides of the ball and I was well pleased with the play of a lot of younger guys.I'll check out now,I know the circus will crank back up soon.Roll Tribe

I was pleased with the line play to Batman. They need just a little tweeking but thats as good as I've seen them play in a couple years. Your right about Cannon. If you were paying attention you saw him account for 12 points in DB's favor on defense. We have alot of talent and I think your going to see some more stars born as the season rolls along. You should stick around for the Circus. Free popcorn tonight! :)