Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB & OAK RIDGE FANS STICK TOGETHER. We pull for each other, but there is NOBODY we want to beat worse. It is a Great Rivalry!! If I wasn't a DB Indian, I would drive to Oak Ridge on Friday Nights.

Game prediction: DB runs and runs all night long on Clinton. Clinton's Big D Line will be holding their hands on their hips and knees by the 3rd qtr. and the Indians will win going away.

Dobyns-Bennett 35

Clinton 13

Roll Tribe Roll

Maybe I'm the lone soldier in this, but I CAN'T STAND Oak Ridge. May have something to do with our '99 football season against them in the regular season and then again in the playoffs with a mythical catch that one of the OR receivers 'caught' 5 feet out of bounds on OUR sidelines to continue a drive that eventually capped the game and put us out of the playoffs. (I'm not bitter or anything)

I'm glad that fans route for other teams from this area, but the way I see it is like the Cowboys and Redskins. I'm a Redskins fan and I wouldn't care to see the Cowboys lose every game they play all season, (as long as Sensabaugh and Witten have good years).

Tribe 28

Dragons 24

Closer than the experts think. Kaff! Kaff!

RTR!

Who besides sensabaugh and seabolt should i be watching for tonight?

#1, #8, #3, #77

#1 Great skills...things that just can't be coached.

#8 Good moves, quick, and 2 more years after this one.

#3 Lighting in a bottle, when he get the ball things happen.

#77 This is the guy that can move a house.

RTR!

Edited by hincke2000

Wow anyone see the nice write up in the KPT TIMES today on the D-B Clinton game tonight? ME EITHER....what a complete JOKE this town has for a newspaper. There is a good write up on some kid getting to start for Gate City tonight though all over the front page. WHAT THE CRAP....LAST DOLLAR SPENT ON THIS LOSER PAPER

Wow anyone see the nice write up in the KPT TIMES today on the D-B Clinton game tonight? ME EITHER....what a complete JOKE this town has for a newspaper. There is a good write up on some kid getting to start for Gate City tonight though all over the front page. WHAT THE CRAP....LAST DOLLAR SPENT ON THIS LOSER PAPER

Their "article" (if they have one) on the game tomorrow morning will be a joke too. Typically when we're in Knoxville it's a little blurb someone put together with about 3 sentences saying the score and leading rusher/passer etc (might even be from the AP and not the T-N at all). I don't think they even send a reporter down there (and if they do it's a complete waste as I can't recall the last time they published a real article on a DB game played the night before in Knoxville.

I would like to wish both teams a good luck for tonights game! DB on paper is the better team, they are much improved from last season, and u guys gave clinton all they could handle. This is not a huge game for DB in the long run, but win or lose this game could be huge for the young dragons! A win of course would be awsome for clinton, but this young team really just needs to play a solid game, limit the turnovers, and compete!Now I know Andy and his staff are going into this game expecting to win, all coaches do, but Im making this statement from a fans view. If they can keep the game close througout, win or lose I feel it would be huge for a very young teams confidence heading into district play. Beating a team like DB last season really showed the Clinton team they were forreal, being able to compete with DB this season (considering Clinton lost 25 seniors and DB hardly lost anything) would do numbers for a young team who I feel can make a run at the play-offs, especially for a sophomore QB who stepped up last week and just needs to get more comfortable. Coach Steger, keep up the good work developing wilard, and your young offense! Great OC hire by Clinton! Good luck dragon players and coaches, play loose, fly around, and compete.

I would like to wish both teams a good luck for tonights game! DB on paper is the better team, they are much improved from last season, and u guys gave clinton all they could handle. This is not a huge game for DB in the long run, but win or lose this game could be huge for the young dragons! A win of course would be awsome for clinton, but this young team really just needs to play a solid game, limit the turnovers, and compete!Now I know Andy and his staff are going into this game expecting to win, all coaches do, but Im making this statement from a fans view. If they can keep the game close througout, win or lose I feel it would be huge for a very young teams confidence heading into district play. Beating a team like DB last season really showed the Clinton team they were forreal, being able to compete with DB this season (considering Clinton lost 25 seniors and DB hardly lost anything) would do numbers for a young team who I feel can make a run at the play-offs, especially for a sophomore QB who stepped up last week and just needs to get more comfortable. Coach Steger, keep up the good work developing wilard, and your young offense! Great OC hire by Clinton! Good luck dragon players and coaches, play loose, fly around, and compete.

I thought the difference last year was that QB and running back for Clinton.I think the difference this year will be much the same in our direction,speed.You never know until you play the games.I think it was tied going into the forth last year,so paper is good for a lot of things and we had better remember that tonight.