Humbolt vs. Henry County

87vikingalumni

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the vikes play this year but I've heard they have a good team for a 2A school but how will they fair against henry County? I saw were Humboldt beat Gibson county but didn't see any reports of what happen just score. So, if someone could give me a overview of what Humboldt has and the stats from last nights game.

Didn't listen to the post game show can't give many stats. But Quan had 170 yards in one half. Quan ran the second half kickoff back for td and sit the rest of the night! Humboldt has depth this year something they have not had in the last few years! They are very fast and quick off the ball! I mean they have got speed to burn! Humboldt will go with 7 to 8 backs this year. They need to shore up on defense a bit and work on place kicking and they will be hard to handle. Yes the Vikings travel to Henry County Friday that will be a tough game for the Vikes. If they come to play with their a game they can play with HC. Although HC will be mad coming of a 47-28 loss to Liberty! This will be one of the best games of the week! Looking for good things from the Vikes this season! HC best not take the Boldt lightly it would be a bad mistake! GOOD LUCK at Paris!!

I haven't seen the vikes play this year but I've heard they have a good team for a 2A school but how will they fair against henry County? I saw were Humboldt beat Gibson county but didn't see any reports of what happen just score. So, if someone could give me a overview of what Humboldt has and the stats from last nights game.

You guys have some serious potential this year! You need to go check your boys out. If they clean up their defense a little bit, you might be in Cookeville by the end of the season. We burnt ya'll deep a couple of times and with the speed that Humboldt has, that shouldn't happen. Not a knock on the team, just a fact. I wouldn't be surprised to see Humboldt go down to Henry Co. next week and either beat them or play them to within a touchdown or so. Good Luck to the Vikes!

You guys have some serious potential this year! You need to go check your boys out. If they clean up their defense a little bit, you might be in Cookeville by the end of the season. We burnt ya'll deep a couple of times and with the speed that Humboldt has, that shouldn't happen. Not a knock on the team, just a fact. I wouldn't be surprised to see Humboldt go down to Henry Co. next week and either beat them or play them to within a touchdown or so. Good Luck to the Vikes!

Now that's what I like about GCPioneer. He reminds me of Mr. Bigster he tells it like it is.

Now that's what I like about GCPioneer. He reminds me of Mr. Bigster he tells it like it is.

Well, I figured all the hype about the speed would've just been like any other Humboldt team. This years team is so quick it's crazy. Even when one of our fastest players, #3 John Lee, burnt ya'll deep on that one play down our sideline, you guys still caught him. You barely caught him, but you still caught him. You guys will go deep this year if you stay away from injuries.

I agree it should have never happen but Bland will get that straight this week. If Humboldt takes their a game they will give HC fits. HC better not take HBT likely. Just knock some rust off the defense and they will be fine! The speed and quickness of HBT will give HC fixs! I hope they have a good week of practice! :thumb:

Well, I figured all the hype about the speed would've just been like any other Humboldt team. This years team is so quick it's crazy. Even when one of our fastest players, #3 John Lee, burnt ya'll deep on that one play down our sideline, you guys still caught him. You barely caught him, but you still caught him. You guys will go deep this year if you stay away from injuries.

Funny thing about that is: that was McLilly coming off a serious ankle injury. If he had of been 100% he would have got the pick.

Henry Co. is down this year. If I remember right, I believe they've lost 12 players to college ball in the past 2 years...2 of them to major D1 teams, and a couple to mid major D1 teams. You just dont lose that many big time players and have a great year.

Humboldt can definitely win this game. Of course, Henry Co. sure aint gonna lay down, and they'll be upset and mad about getting beat by Liberty.

Does Humboldt have many boys playing both ways? I would seriously doubt that Henry Co. has any playing both ways. That could give the Patriots a little edge.

GCPioneer, you seem like a person with class. I enjoy reading your posts. Good luck with GC's football tem. You guys are in a tough region and it will take a while to rebuild.

Henry Co. is down this year. If I remember right, I believe they've lost 12 players to college ball in the past 2 years...2 of them to major D1 teams, and a couple to mid major D1 teams. You just dont lose that many big time players and have a great year.

Humboldt can definitely win this game. Of course, Henry Co. sure aint gonna lay down, and they'll be upset and mad about getting beat by Liberty.

Does Humboldt have many boys playing both ways? I would seriously doubt that Henry Co. has any playing both ways. That could give the Patriots a little edge.

We probably sub 3 for 3 on every down on both sides of the ball. Hard to believe but we are pretty deep this year.