Alcoa vs Maryville

a-town1408

I think this will be a great game. I believe we will see Alcoa actually....throw the ball this year. Alcoa over Maryville in a close one.

I like Maryville's chances if we can make Alcoa throw the ball. I realize Tallent can throw well and has several good receivers but it is not Alcoa's strength. I personally think Maryville's biggest challenge will be stopping the run. If the rebels bring everybody in the box to stop the run, Alcoa may take advantage of that defensive set and throw. I don't think they will successful throw against Maryville's base defense.

I agree it will be a close one, but I have to go with Maryille over Alcoa.

To answer your question MHS the thing I'm still a little worried about is our O-line. Granted we had some very nice runs last week albeit it was against poor competition, however our O-line looked a little shaky at times in my opinion. I am confident that as the year goes on they'll develop very well, but they will be tested in this week one matchup. Besides that we looked great last week. The matchup to watch will be the Maryville O-line v. the Alcoa D-line, just hate we'll be without McGlothlin.

QB- Robinette is super talented but untested, Tallent is a warrior and has been battle tested who has developed a good throwing arm. Advantage: ALCOA

RB- It's not hard to tell that Alcoa has one of the best backfields in the state. Advantage: ALCOA

WR- Maryville's got three very good, experienced receivers. Tall, fast, and great hands. Alcoa has one of the best wideouts around and another great talent in Warfield, but we are not as deep as Maryville at that position. Advantage: MARYVILLE

OL- Maryville's O-line is just like ours last year..huge and experienced, throw in the best O-line coach in the state and this line should be dominant this year. I'm sure this will be one of Coach Ellis' best lines he's ever coached. We have a good line but Maryville's will be great. Advantage: MARYVILLE

DL- We have a great D-line, but losing McGlothlin really hurts..bad. I believe this is a position Maryville might be a little thin and inexperienced at. Hopefully Darrell can live in the backfield once again this year.

Advantage: ALCOA

LB- We have talent at backer, but once again losing all three senior backers from last year hurts. Having Darrell and Taharin in the middle could be scary for any RB, but Maryville has all three back and they are hard-hitting and smart. Advantage: MARYVILLE

DB- We return 3 of 4 starters in our secondary, but they will definitely be tested in this game. The same goes for Maryville, they return starters and they will be tested as well. Advantage: EVEN

K- Castro is a very solid kicker, but Maryville has one of the best kickers in the southeast. Advantage: MARYVILLE

Of course I'm not gonna go against my Tornadoes in this contest, but I have a feeling this will be a great game, and there will be points scored

Alcoa- 34

Maryville- 31

alcoafan72 did you not read the very first post??? I have also seen other posts on another thread. Personally I would love to see the Tornadoes win by 2 or 3 td's. Just think the Rebels will be very tough at home. They have only lost 2 games at home in the last decade and those 2 were in 2000. This game will probably go into the 4th quarter undecided.

I did, I just don't think that he or anyone else is thinking "blowout." I can't wait! :hungry:

A few of my friends and myself have been wanting to attend this game for the past few years now and we're finally going to be able to do so... so i was just curious about a few things:

1) Do you buy the tickets at the game?

2) Do they sell out fairly quickly?

3) If they do sell out quick, how early should we arrive?

4) Lastly, approximately how many fans will be attending?

Thanks! Looking forward to a great football game!

A few of my friends and myself have been wanting to attend this game for the past few years now and we're finally going to be able to do so... so i was just curious about a few things:

1) Do you buy the tickets at the game? -Yes, best to get them as early as possible!

2) Do they sell out fairly quickly?- no, the sell out super quick!

3) If they do sell out quick, how early should we arrive?- I would say about 2 hours before kickoff!

4) Lastly, approximately how many fans will be attending?-About 10,000(packed 3-4 deep)!

Edited by alcoafan72

1) Do you buy the tickets at the game?

2) Do they sell out fairly quickly?

3) If they do sell out quick, how early should we arrive?

4) Lastly, approximately how many fans will be attending?

Tickets bought at the school or at the Gate

Never Sell Out You have the Cash You Get In

Gates open at 4:30 No seats will be left by 6 pm

Crowd 7 to 10,000 Hard to Say With it Being on TV

Tickets bought at the school or at the Gate

Never Sell Out You have the Cash You Get In

Gates open at 4:30 No seats will be left by 6 pm

Crowd 7 to 10,000 Hard to Say With it Being on TV

About 75% of the seats on the Home side are reserved. You don't have to go in the first gate you come to. Last year they ran 4 Gates. Cedar Street Home, Cedar Street Visitor, Broadway Gate, and a little used gate behind the gym. If you want to sit on the visitor side I wouldn't go in the Cedar Street home gate. It's a long walk all the way around the field.

skeeterdome.jpg