Alcoa vs Maryville

a-town1408

Hey guys, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone happen to know if Highland Media carries the channel the game is going to be on? I'm working to late to make it for kick off (over an hour drive) this year & would really like to see it. Again I know it's a long shot but I had to ask. Thanks in advance.

If you can't catch it on TV you can watch it over the internet @ http://www.ihigh.com/alcoa hope that helps :thumb:

Alcoa leading 14-10 at halftime. Vanderbilt Hambrick has been the star of the 1st Half in this poster's opinion. Maryville came out on the first series of the game and marched down the field but had to settle for a long field goal. Alcoa's response was by driving 80 yards in like 6 plays. Tallent hooked up with Tyson on third down and after that Darrell Warren had a couple of long runs including the TD run. Tallent has looked good at times and not so good at other times. On the Tornadoes second series he missed Isom on a post route where Alcoa caught Maryville in the coverage they wanted. On Alcoa's third series Tallent again had Isom in man-to-man coverage and underthrew him on a fade route and that resulted in an interception which led to a Maryville score on a short TD run by West. Alcoa responded before the half though. Rankin gambled and went for it on fourth down and 1 yard to go from his own 29 yard line. After Warren picked up that first down Hambrick had about 3 nice runs on the toss sweep and with just over a minute to go in the half Hambrick took the toss and rumbled down the sideline for a score. Alcoa leads 14-10 at the half in what has been an exciting half but overall I see Alcoa as a better football team that is allowing Maryville to hang around. I think as the game wears on Alcoa will pull away in the second half..........but I have been wrong before!!!

Alcoa wins tonight 35-31 in a game that can only be described as EPIC. I have never seen so many shifts in momentum in my entire life in one football game. Alcoa scored on 4th Down & 7 Yards To Go coming out of a timeout when Rankin called a trap option and man oh man did it work out to perfection. Anyone who says Rankin can't coach and that his teams always win big and he's never tested.........YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! Tonight at the end of the 1st Half he went for it on 4th Down from his own 29 yard line and with the game on the line he makes a perfect play call (which took some courage no doubt about it) and Alcoa scored the go ahead TD and won the game for it.

I'll let the people associated with these 2 schools have it from here but hats off to both Alcoa & Maryville for a game that many of us will be talking about for years and years to come.

Alcoa wins tonight 35-31 in a game that can only be described as EPIC. I have never seen so many shifts in momentum in my entire life in one football game. Alcoa scored on 4th Down & 7 Yards To Go coming out of a timeout when Rankin called a trap option and man oh man did it work out to perfection. Anyone who says Rankin can't coach and that his teams always win big and he's never tested.........YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! Tonight at the end of the 1st Half he went for it on 4th Down from his own 29 yard line and with the game on the line he makes a perfect play call (which took some courage no doubt about it) and Alcoa scored the go ahead TD and won the game for it.

I'll let the people associated with these 2 schools have it from here but hats off to both Alcoa & Maryville for a game that many of us will be talking about for years and years to come.

I couldn't have said it better...Classic!!!!

It was a classic, I've been associated with Maryville-Alcoa football games since 1969 and tonight's game was a classic. I am proud to be from Blount County, the home of two of the best football programs in TN. I hope that Blount and Heritage will get in the fray and try to compete.

Mr. Abbott this has to be the best high school football game that I have ever seen in my life!! Makes me proud to have worn the maroon and grey, be from Blount County,and I can even give Maryville props in my old age :thumb: Like you said classic!!!!