Dekalb Co. @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaz, I thought the younger guys played really well. Man, those kids are lightening fast and going to be very good, very soon.

Until the handful of upperclassmen step up....it's going to be a grinddddddd! I will say big thumbs up to Jarret Lay. Outstanding kicking tonight. That kid can boot the ball. The missed extra point was the holders fault (it happens!).

6 fumbles, 4 lost and a slew of missed opportunties! I better leave it at that! :thumb:

Patience is going to important for the tribe this year. You can see their moments of genius, and talent. One minute later you want to burn the tepee. I thought this would be a fun year and both games have been fun to watch.

I had to leave early in this one. Youthful mistakes are ok, but blatently shooting yourself in the foot. Wow, the Indians rrrrrrreally let this one slip by.

I had to leave early in this one. Youthful mistakes are ok, but blatently shooting yourself in the foot. Wow, the Indians rrrrrrreally let this one slip by.

Sounds like oneida gave this one away more than it was taken from them. Either way I guess a W is a W, and an L is an L. Best of luck to both squads but for Oneida to turn this year around it sounds like they have to grow up, & fast.

Sounds like oneida gave this one away more than it was taken from them. Either way I guess a W is a W, and an L is an L. Best of luck to both squads but for Oneida to turn this year around it sounds like they have to grow up, & fast.

That is a good point downanddistance. I was thinking later last night that my post was a bit on the crybaby side. I congratulate DeKalb Co. They are not a bad team. They made the long drive over, limited their mistake (which they made a few) and took advantage of every opportunity that came their way. Any win is a good win!

Do not take anything from DC, that throw and catch over the top could not have been any better.

Yeah, it was "pretty" good throw...the finger tip catch was awesome. Actually, I don't think our defense was that much out of position. Really pretty play.

Speaking of Defense...I almost forgot Weber. Dang, that kid played lights out! That's one really fun part of High School Football is watching these kids grow up. He will be a force this year and next!

Edited by SmashMouth

DC, as I said earlier, was the better team last night. Oneida lost four balls and they chucked 7 in the game....not exactly a recipe for a successful night. Given that DC was a formitable obstacle, this was not something our young squad can overcome. There weren't a whole lot of bright spots, but there was some. West's touchdown run was electrifying....of which we were flagged for a personnal foul 30 yards behind the play....SEE THE YOUTH. DC's Mike LB #51 was a force for them defensively. We never seemed to get a hat on him, and he wasn't the kind of player you want to leave "unattended". I believe G-P is much better than DC, but it was hard to ignore the results of the game. Bottom Line: there wasn't a ton of improvement from the first game to the second. That certainly isn't an indictment against the coaches or the players....I really believe our staff is great and the kids try hard. We'll just have to get through the growing pains. And don't forget this....last season we dropped our first two games as well. So we are in exactly the same spot. Hopefully this team responds the same way!

:thumb: Kazamanite :thumb:

DC, as I said earlier, was the better team last night. Oneida lost four balls and they chucked 7 in the game....not exactly a recipe for a successful night. Given that DC was a formitable obstacle, this was not something our young squad can overcome. There weren't a whole lot of bright spots, but there was some. West's touchdown run was electrifying....of which we were flagged for a personnal foul 30 yards behind the play....SEE THE YOUTH. DC's Mike LB #51 was a force for them defensively. We never seemed to get a hat on him, and he wasn't the kind of player you want to leave "unattended". I believe G-P is much better than DC, but it was hard to ignore the results of the game. Bottom Line: there wasn't a ton of improvement from the first game to the second. That certainly isn't an indictment against the coaches or the players....I really believe our staff is great and the kids try hard. We'll just have to get through the growing pains. And don't forget this....last season we dropped our first two games as well. So we are in exactly the same spot. Hopefully this team responds the same way!

:thumb: Kazamanite :thumb:

Kaz, the only thing that killed me about the personal foul was it was called on a senior! Great kid! I have no idea what he was thinking. Our upper classmen have to step it up.

Wartburg and Cumberland Gap will be close to this team and Oliver Spring will probably be a mirror image of DeKalb.

Coaches did very well. Great effort the whole game. Both Wests were awesome, Duncan on a few returns, Adam Young had a several crushing blocks, man, there were some great plays out there. Very Speedy! EVERYone has got to point the pistol away from the foot at all times!

Edited by SmashMouth

Your point about the pistol....right on! Lets not forget some of those upperclassmen either...SW ran hard and was hammered a number of times. He exited the stadium in an ambulance. I know, he had a critical fumble and gets dinked up quite a bit, but if he gets space to run in...he can take it to the house from anywhere. CS #79 at LB has to give runningbacks nightmares! When he gets a head of steam and catches one just right, well, that kid might not get up! And trust me, I don't believe he has "tagged" one yet, however he still has 8 regular season games to go. No one has answered my Bear question yet....is the kid done, out for a while, expected back soon, etc.....? He was on the sideline last night holding a clipboard and I hope that isn't his job for the rest of the year. Defensively, he makes us a little more dynamic. Missed #13! Anyone heard from OT yet?

:thumb: Kazatoro :thumb: