Dekalb Co. @ Oneida

crow

Thought you might like that one guys, I'm working on another one, whenever kitty starts meeeeooowwwwwing again.

I gotta good feeling about this one guys. Not sure why but I've got a feeling the boys may flip that proverbial "switch" Friday night. Hope I'm right. ;)

I hope we're both right! I have a good feeling too. We all knew GP was loaded and they were. I don't think Dekalb will be as stacked as that (least I hope not!) I think our overall team speed is really gonna help on Friday and will be able to create some opportunities.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year they were mostly spread, a lot of passing, with qb run option an ever present threat. Of course since Poteete went on to Centre I'm not sure if they're sticking with that or if they're gonna be a little more balanced this year. Coaches & players know, that's the important thing, I guess the rest of us will have to wait & see.

I think you guys will be alright. I saw Dekalb play Smith Co. last year, and other than Potetee (sp?), I wasn't that impressed. I highly doubt that they have anyone that can come close to filling his shoes. Playing at home never hurts either. Take it to 'em!

I believe the only time Poteete was out of a game (ankle I believe), the replacing QB came in and threw for over 300 yds. the second half. Is that kid still playing?

Ironically, we played a bunch of freshmen in that game last year, including starting a freshman QB due to some upper classmen being out so these boys know how leathal the passing game can be. And I sure like what Seven wrote about the trip. I hope it's a longgggg curvy ride. Get here safe....just take the long scenic road up thru the Big South Fork! :roll:

Based on the fact that Poteete has graduated, I think the Indians will win this game. I'm certain both teams have worked hard over the off-season, but I just think my boys have better parts returning. Slammin' Sammy got an ear full last week, after that he seemed to turn it up a notch.....I expect him to go full bore this time around! Is Bear recovered...don't think anyone has said? The pups get more experience tomorrow night, be there or be square!

:thumb: Kazzy Kazam :thumb:

Plus......is it just me or has that baffoon of hot air (ole tiger) gotten a little "quieter" as of late? He used to interrupt every sentence with "#1 offense in the universe.....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". Whitwell University would squash blah, blah, blah, blah.....! Suddenly, silence out of the little blue house with the yellow trim! :thumb:

Keep it up, OT!

Kazam

Edited by kazam37

Plus......is it just me or has that baffoon of hot air (ole tiger) gotten a little "quieter" as of late? He used to interrupt every sentence with "#1 offense in the universe.....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". Whitwell University would squash blah, blah, blah, blah.....! Suddenly, silence out of the little blue house with the yellow trim! :thumb:

Keep it up, OT!

Kazam

He may be getting tired of us following him around. Just about every time he's posted something lately....someone has been there to put him on blast! I love it. Even thought about starting a thread just for him. So every time he, or '08, posted something ignorant, we could all copy and paste into the thread, and then proceed to fire away. :twisted:

From a respectable Gordonsville fan....

The scrimmage finished 34-13 in favor of Gville.

The starters finished @ 34-7 and Dekalb's JV scored a touchdown.

The JV for both teams really only got a possession a piece.

Gordonsville looked good for the most part, and mistakes were made by both teams.

DC had trouble with the snap alot of times, including the first play when they lost 20 yards or more when the snap went over the QB's head.

Gville started slow, but after their first possession everything was pretty fluid.

Gville only ran 6 plays, including a punt, the whole 1st quarter, so that shows that they started slow.

They also had some containment issues that I'm sure will get addressed, but overall, they looked pretty good.

A few young players really stood out along with the older players, so things are promising.

I also really expected more out of Dekalb. There QB is an athlete and he'll get better, but the passing game ain't as strong as it was, but the running game seems better. However, I think they definitely have an uphill climb this year.

Gordonsville is prime for a deep run in the playoffs in 1A. They have a huge game with Smith Co. tomorrow night, and of course, with us in a few weeks. Don't know if it'll help, or give any insight, but it's more than you're hearing out of Dekalb. Again...I think you'll be fine. Just play hard-nosed Ky. South football! :lol:

Well Seven....that's a pretty good rundown. I think the kids will show up better this week, G-P was all that and a bucket of nails. Good test and we'll see what they learned....? I'm betting Dekalb is a sterner test than say.....Whitwell, but I could be wrong! :roflolk: Only the #1 offense in the universe could overcome that task! I wouldn't think too many people up here in Kentucky South will count any egg until it's hatched....I'll be darned if we can just count! Sheesh...I'm a regular Steve Corell, huh?!

:thumb: Kaza

Here you go tennesseevols.

There once was a dummy named kitty

Who's ignorance brought him much pity

He'd brag & he'd boast

About sunbrights players & coach

But of State titles, they haven't won any :thumb:

u trying to be a poet? i can top that.

there once was a little girl named crow

she would talk but just hot air would blow

she braged with her big big mouth

about her team called kentucky south