Brentwood @ Smyrna

milo118

Makes me sad im gonna miss this game..seems like its gonna be an exciting match down to the final play...just like the old days on our run to back to back titles....good luck Smyrna!

21-20 Smyrna

Wow good prediction, Missed 2pt conversion with 3.1 seconds left. Final 22-20 Smyrna.

Edited by my2cents

First off my hat is off to Brentwood. That is a real good football team. Now on to the breakdown. Defense gave me a heart attack tonight. Brentwood found many holes in the secondary and looked liked we were confused on coverage and personel changes at times. But when you needed a key stop you got it. Good job. The offense took care of the defense tonight. Players of the game has to be the O-Line. Gentlemen stand up and take a bow. Job well done. Running game was solid. Overall one of the best games i have ever seem. Very physical. Good job Dawgs!!! Have your fun tonight. Get to work Monday. Blackman is no pushover. Don't let the schedule fool you. Gongrats men. you did well tonight.

I am going to go ahead and get this out of the way - the officiating was atrocious. The line judge on the Brentwood side of the field did not have a clue.

Fortunately, it did not cost Brentwood the game. Execution, poor tackling, and penalties were the culprits. I'm proud of the boys for fighting out of a hole the hole game and almost sending it to overtime.

Congrats to Smyrna on a hard fought victory. Maybe we'll both get lucky and get to meet again in Cookeville.

We're on to Independence Next week. The Bruins will be back.

still can't figure out what Crawford was thinking on that 2 pt conversion call. BHS couldn't run the ball all night to the outside with the quickness of Smyrna and with the ball at the 2 yd line and a stacked backfield everyone knew the Bruins were going to try it again without any depth to the field of play. Weber played brilliantly and taking the game out of his hands on the last play was a huge mistake. the play that was run had negative yds gained for the night. We pass the ball on that play we would have a much better chance to tie it up. yes its easy to second guess that call but I don't think anyone would have faulted him for passing on that play and not getting it but the run game was virtually nonexistent all night. so I would love to know what they were thinking and why Crawford thought it would work that time

• 2 months later...

Let's bring this back up. Second game of the season, close game 22-20. Different teams now ?? Close one again??

Welllllll lookeeee here. Were back............... Don't you just love it. Smyrna wins the toughest district in the state hands down and is rewarded by playing a District Champion who is rewarded for winning their district by being an 8th seed. The first game is a 22-20 win on the last play. By the way, who does Aydelot have pictures of?

Milo118!!!!! Where are you?????

Most years this could've been a final.

At the very least, this will have the flavor of a semi-final matchup.

This is the most compelling first round matchup in the whole shooting match.

In my memory, I've never seen two higher rated teams match-up in the FIRST round-ever.

To the winner, you may think you won't play a tougher game until the finals, but according to this year's quad system, you've just begun. Enjoy your victory for the weekend.

To the loser, your tremendous season you've just accomplished means nothing now- but in reality, the odds were stacked against you by the TSSAA. Realize your season's accomplishment IS something special. In most years, you'd have more games to play.

Welllllll lookeeee here. Were back............... Don't you just love it. Smyrna wins the toughest district in the state hands down and is rewarded by playing a District Champion who is rewarded for winning their district by being an 8th seed. The first game is a 22-20 win on the last play. By the way, who does Aydelot have pictures of?

Milo118!!!!! Where are you?????

I'm here. had computer problems over the weekend. Don't know about the Aydelot thing. What pictures? This quad is stupid tough. Congrats to the Bulldogs for winning the district. Now go out and beat five of the top ten ten teams in the state to make it to the Semi-Finals. And to Brentwood, how does it feel to win your district and have Franklin seeded ahead of you? Then have to play Smyrna out ot the gate? Go Dawgs!!! Prediction to come later in the week. I need more info on some key players.

Edited by milo118

I'm here. had computer problems over the weekend. Don't know about the Aydelot thing. What pictures? This quad is stupid tough. Congrats to the Bulldogs for winning the district. Now go out and beat five of the top ten ten teams in the state to make it to the Semi-Finals. And to Brentwood, how does it feel to win your district and have Franklin seeded ahead of you? Then have to play Smyrna out ot the gate? Go Dawgs!!! Prediction to come later in the week. I need more info on some key players.

What's the Smyrna Injury Situation? We're so banged up they're thinking about suiting me up as the water boy so HE can play.... :hungry:

Im confused as to how two District Champs are first round matchups... I have not been around high school football since 2005 but is the TSSAA that much of a screw up these days?

Brentwood beat Franklin, won District 11 and yet is the eigth seed while Franklin is the sixth seed? When I played in this Rivalry it was a good thing to win... Brentwood got screwed.

Anyway, this will be a great game on Friday and I look for the winner of it to be favorites the rest of the way.

Heres looking forward to another Brentood/Franklin game!