Greeneville vs Sullivan South Week 1

THSVikings2004

Nice game Greenedevils. I was really impressed with this year's edition. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe you shouldn't be back in Cookeville playing for that gold ball. Bring it back.

Spradlin is a beast. We knew it, but watching him tonight was enlightening. He was the workhorse, but your game ball should go to Stewart. He was steady and righted a ship that Carmichael was about to steer into trouble. The Rebels had opportunities with the dropped TD pass on the trick play and a mid field fumble when we could have gone up 14. Nevertheless, it was obvious we were not going to stop the rush, so the game was Greeneville's all the way after that 1st drive.

It's a great atmosphere at Burley and has been a good series. I hate to see it end. Good luck the rest of the way.

Will GHS/SSHS not be renewing a contract to play next year?

Nice game Greenedevils. I was really impressed with this year's edition. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe you shouldn't be back in Cookeville playing for that gold ball. Bring it back.

Spradlin is a beast. We knew it, but watching him tonight was enlightening. He was the workhorse, but your game ball should go to Stewart. He was steady and righted a ship that Carmichael was about to steer into trouble. The Rebels had opportunities with the dropped TD pass on the trick play and a mid field fumble when we could have gone up 14. Nevertheless, it was obvious we were not going to stop the rush, so the game was Greeneville's all the way after that 1st drive.

It's a great atmosphere at Burley and has been a good series. I hate to see it end. Good luck the rest of the way.

Yeah I thought Stewart was the man tonight...the kid showed amazing composure considering he's just a Sophomore. You Rebs have another special QB this year, but if he's gonna carry the entire team on his back all season its gonna start wearing on him. Good luck in the Big 8 :flower:

Yeah I thought Stewart was the man tonight...the kid showed amazing composure considering he's just a Sophomore. You Rebs have another special QB this year, but if he's gonna carry the entire team on his back all season its gonna start wearing on him. Good luck in the Big 8 :flower:

Has stewart taken over the starting position?

Has stewart taken over the starting position?

If he hasn't already, I would think you've got a controversy. I thought he made good decisions, ran with speed and authority, and looked solid throwing the ball. Once the passing game gets fine tuned, the Greenedevils will be a complete team worthy of a championship. Stewart looked like the guy to lead the way last night. Carmichael is obviously a highly skilled athlete, but last night did not appear to have the steady,heady leadership ability you want in your QB. I was surprised Shuffler wasn't involved more, but Hollowell and Wilson show you've got the WRs to balance the spread for the QB,whoever it ends up being, and Spradlin.

If he hasn't already, I would think you've got a controversy. I thought he made good decisions, ran with speed and authority, and looked solid throwing the ball. Once the passing game gets fine tuned, the Greenedevils will be a complete team worthy of a championship. Stewart looked like the guy to lead the way last night. Carmichael is obviously a highly skilled athlete, but last night did not appear to have the steady,heady leadership ability you want in your QB. I was surprised Shuffler wasn't involved more, but Hollowell and Wilson show you've got the WRs to balance the spread for the QB,whoever it ends up being, and Spradlin.

Agreed :thumb:

And Barb, I was curious about the 2 back set that most spread teams run. Chaz Story looked scary back there with Spradlin. I know what kind of phenom he is at LB, but how does he look running the ball? What's his style? Does he have cut back ability,speed, just run over peoople? I wish I could have seen a little of that last night...no on second thought I believe I saw enough slash and burn on my Rebels. How bout that lick Spradlin put on Steffey on the home side? I'm glad we got out of there alive. Don't believe we had any serious injuries,but I'm sure more than a few Rebels are greene, black, and blue today.

Edited by crawdad

I would have to agree about all the referee statements. Wow! All in all a win is a win. The Devils will have to protect the football in the future when it comes to the playoffs to make it back to Cookeville, but the good thing is, they have plenty of time to fix that. Good luck to the Rebels, hope you right your ship next game against Boone.

I would have to agree about all the referee statements. Wow! All in all a win is a win. The Devils will have to protect the football in the future when it comes to the playoffs to make it back to Cookeville, but the good thing is, they have plenty of time to fix that. Good luck to the Rebels, hope you right your ship next game against Boone.

True Bud. The fumbling cannot be blamed on anyone but ourselves. You can't fumble that many times and expect to win in the long term, especiallly against teams like SSHS, EHS, and THS or playoff calibar teams. I'm sure that coaches will work on that. Of course you have nights where things just don't come together. Hopefully last night was the Devils night for this season. Thankfully the D kept pounding and the O delivered too.

True Bud. The fumbling cannot be blamed on anyone but ourselves. You can't fumble that many times and expect to win in the long term, especiallly against teams like SSHS, EHS, and THS or playoff calibar teams. I'm sure that coaches will work on that. Of course you have nights where things just don't come together. Hopefully last night was the Devils night for this season. Thankfully the D kept pounding and the O delivered too.

I liked the way coach tweaked the o-line. Having either Rollins or Hall in there with the young-uns was just what they needed.