Greeneville vs Sullivan South Week 1

THSVikings2004

True Bud. The fumbling cannot be blamed on anyone but ourselves. You can't fumble that many times and expect to win in the long term, especiallly against teams like SSHS, EHS, and THS or playoff calibar teams. I'm sure that coaches will work on that. Of course you have nights where things just don't come together. Hopefully last night was the Devils night for this season. Thankfully the D kept pounding and the O delivered too.

Fortunately, the Rebs felt it was only good manners to repay our fumbles in kind. How many did South have? I'd say we prety much cancelled each other out in the TO column. HOWEVER, penalties killed us....both real and imaginary. I won't say they weren't all legit, but it would have been nice to see that hanky on the ground a few times for holding on South....I'm surprised Rollins wasn't stripped naked by the end of the game the way they were dragging on his jersey.

And Barb, I was curious about the 2 back set that most spread teams run. Chaz Story looked scary back there with Spradlin. I know what kind of phenom he is at LB, but how does he look running the ball? What's his style? Does he have cut back ability,speed, just run over peoople? I wish I could have seen a little of that last night...no on second thought I believe I saw enough slash and burn on my Rebels. How bout that lick Spradlin put on Steffey on the home side? I'm glad we got out of there alive. Don't believe we had any serious injuries,but I'm sure more than a few Rebels are greene, black, and blue today.

I thought they would pound Story the way they did against DB,but Greeneville didn't.I said you would need a break,but I can't think of how good this Greeneville team will be if they limit the mistakes.Only a very fast team that can break the front four will run it on them.Greeneville gets great heat from the four lineman.Number 50 is the best defensive lineman in this part of the state right now.If he were coming out of a three point stance instead of standing up,he would hurt some people bad.I should have give the name.Hall is number 50,and a beast

Edited by BatmanDB

I thought they would pound Story the way they did against DB,but Greeneville didn't.I said you would need a break,but I can't think of how good this Greeneville team will be if they limit the mistakes.Only a very fast team that can break the front four will run it on them.Greeneville gets great heat from the four lineman.Number 50 is the best defensive lineman in this part of the state right now.If he were coming out of a three point stance instead of standing up,he would hurt some people bad.I should have give the name.Hall is number 50,and a beast

Yes he is...and just think, we have him and Rollins around for another year. I think with the young line-play combined with a nice young QB, we might be alright for at least another year :flower:

Edited by barb

Barb, you have a wonderful team this year. You should have no problems bringing home the prize. Such a collection of talent. I'm sure they are a pride of posession for the supporters of Greeneville. You and DB are obviously #1 and #2 in NET. Just don't know who is better. That will be the debate of the year. The officiating crew tried to give it to South in the first half. Then in the second half they decided to play it different. No matter, we were never in the game. I honestly wish you the best this season. I know everyone is proud of them.

Barb, you have a wonderful team this year. You should have no problems bringing home the prize. Such a collection of talent. I'm sure they are a pride of posession for the supporters of Greeneville. You and DB are obviously #1 and #2 in NET. Just don't know who is better. That will be the debate of the year. The officiating crew tried to give it to South in the first half. Then in the second half they decided to play it different. No matter, we were never in the game. I honestly wish you the best this season. I know everyone is proud of them.

I don't see where there would be a debate between Greenville & DB. We don't play each other, we're not in the same classifaction. Some Haters might try to gin something up. But it has no importance to either team. DB & Greenville will simply try to beat every team that comes up. It would be nice to see both teams playing for a championship. Speaking of Haters.....I notice there are a few missing from the boards now. Got the royal boot I guess.:)

I don't see where there would be a debate between Greenville & DB. We don't play each other, we're not in the same classifaction. Some Haters might try to gin something up. But it has no importance to either team. DB & Greenville will simply try to beat every team that comes up. It would be nice to see both teams playing for a championship. Speaking of Haters.....I notice there are a few missing from the boards now. Got the royal boot I guess.:)

Waco, we Devils like to take some bit of comfort in the fact that, while DB owned us when we played regularly, we won the last reg season match-up in Kingsport...small comfort indeed.

Waco, we Devils like to take some bit of comfort in the fact that, while DB owned us when we played regularly, we won the last reg season match-up in Kingsport...small comfort indeed.

Barb,you probably meant the last game between the two.I believe the only one they won in Kingsport was about fifty years ago when my uncle was playing for the Devils.