Let's go back to region play in 2011-2012

ELA

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to go back to the old playoff format in 2011?

• yes
    • no

I think this whole plan needs to be scrapped. The district layouts are ridiculous and I don't see how it is saving money on travel for anybody. Our closest district game in Lake County - 45 minutes from home - and we would have played them anyway. Some districts have one or two teams and we are stuck playing with five in District 14A.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem going back to region play but I think that the 6 classifications we have now are way too many. I thought that 5 was too many in previous years. Also, some time ago getting to the playoffs meant something. It meant that you were the best or one of the 2 best in your district/region. Players and coaches had to fight harder if they wanted to make it in. It was special. Now, when 4 teams from a region go then it doesn't mean you were good, it just means that you were good enough. Sure, with more classes and more teams in it means that more players and fans can experience a few more games but to me it just seems to water it down. That's just my opinion though --- which amounts to nothing.

I couldn't agree more. Average teams did not make the playoffs back then.

:excl:

I don't like the inconsistency of the format now.

You have some teams in 5 team districts and some in 9 or 10 team Regions.

A team that finishes 2nd in the small district gets a higher playoff seed than a team that finishes 3rd in the Region.

They need a rock solid format that takes out human error.

I don't like the inconsistency of the format now.

You have some teams in 5 team districts and some in 9 or 10 team Regions.

A team that finishes 2nd in the small district gets a higher playoff seed than a team that finishes 3rd in the Region.

They need a rock solid format that takes out human error.

There isn't a format out there that can factor out human error and please everybody. Any format that they choose is always gonna shaft somebody.

I think this whole plan needs to be scrapped. The district layouts are ridiculous and I don't see how it is saving money on travel for anybody. Our closest district game in Lake County - 45 minutes from home - and we would have played them anyway. Some districts have one or two teams and we are stuck playing with five in District 14A.

Around here Grundy previously was in a region with Madisonville and Englewood schools, now they're in with a couple of Chattanooga schools and two of their old rivals just down the mountain. I'm sure they and many other examples like that enjoy less travel among their region/district opponents.