The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

after much thinking and strategical calculations i have came up with the reasons why my marion county boys will not only stay with the pirates but be there to take the lead and win in the end. first is the line..someone said sp had a big line well marion does also and our big line will whoop sp big line all night...i seen how good their big line was last year when union city beat their tails up and down the field and pushed their weak linemen two an 3 yards back every play...another reason is because of r speed that ppl think we dont have...brandon is real quick on offense and he will give the pirates many of problems with his straightline quickness and shiftiness and him and drew ownby will lock down on whoever wants to go deep for sp...knowing the qb pretty good for sp i know he panics and makes dumb decesions...so he cant throw it deep or short for that matter so if coach richards and the gang can shut down the run sp will be in trouble cause they have no passing attack or deep ball threats when are guys will have them on lock down...and lastly grider is scared to death of the color purple...it probably makes him cry just thinking about it...think about the teams in the past that have beaten south pitts when it counted most..university of trousdale county, union city and marion county all them teams where some form of purple and grider looks at that and chokes...he can not coach a big game...watch and see..pirates wont break 14 with their weak line play and bad coaching much less 50 or more like a lot of yall wahoos are predicting...purplestreak out for the week...watching the purple nation friday night erupt onto the field and running over the pirates sounds like a good night

MARION COUNTY-28

South chokesburg-14

Sounds like ole zoney is at it again........mudhole, now purplestreak........lol

Old Pirate says with thoughts in earnest of this game, OP says this is the real deal when these two square off against each other in local high school football action. The Pirates have played their first game will be attempting to get the Pirate ship headed toward another title run. Jasper while winning their 1st and losing their 2nd will attempt to get back on the winning track.

The Pirates are a team returning key players and are sure to be hard to corrall. The warriors have a whole new backield and lack overall team speed. Simularities are obvious to both teams;

1. They both hate each other

2. They both have veteran coaching staffs with multiple state championships between the coaches

3. They both have strong traditions

4. They both have fans that are crazed when their team play the other

5. They both have to lesson while the victor braggs and struts ther stuff for a year if they win

6. They both respect each other, thou most times neither will admit it.

7. They both were eliminated from the title chase last year by the eventual state champs.

8. They both want to be the "Bully of the Valley", with both teams having the two highest titles.

9. They both have Old Fellers that remember way back when some Old Pirates & some Warriors

10. Dad burnit they both have Old Skillets Slingers too

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I will be gracing all of you people with my presence this Friday at Phillip Beene Field. I am looking forward to seeing the young lads from both clubs strap it up in this rivalry game. I will be evaluating several young lads from SP. #11, #76, #15 and a few others are good players that have a shot at achieving legend status soon. South Pittsburg and Marion County have two living legend coaches each walking the respective sidelines. Grider and Wilson for SP and Colquette and Boeck for Marion. It should be a festive environment. As usual I will be on the track signing autographs if anyone wants to come by. Good luck to all the young lads this week.

Who knows more about running the veer, Colquette or Boeck? :roflol:

Funeral Fab remembers when he was in high school (which was not that long ago) and this thread was the hot topic of the week. Man Trousdale vs a team in Kentucky actually has more replies. The streak of I think its 4 fixing to be 5 is in full effect, and everyone including Warrior fans that were at the game Antonio's senior year know that it should already be at 5. The Warrior fans have vanished. I was hoping for a funeral service Friday night, but looks the funeral has already happened. :unsure:

Can you think of a better comparison for your outlook on the game than a funeral, something that's not as poor taste. I got asked away from the board today, in person, to request this. Thanks.

Thanks for posting that. This is a game people. The word funeral on a topic is so distasteful.

Thanks for posting that. This is a game people. The word funeral on a topic is so distasteful.

Old Pirate reads the post as a feeling of loss. Purt near sure theys been some mourning round the courthouse. Don't you know them folkes from Jasper feel helpless aknowing theys goin to get killed Friday nite. Recon some folkes may find that last statement crude also, but on target. Jest can't see the warriors staying close in this one. Fact is TTP posted a 60 point win by SP. Funeral, killed, smacked, earholed recon they all apply.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Oh my goodness! What we have here boys is a little failure on the purples part in dealing with unrealistic expectations. What in the tarnation are you jaspers a thankin? Got Ol' PirateHowies blood plumb boiling and face redder than Coach Dave Baxters use to get right before kickoff time. Fear the veer? Coach Vic oughta go ol' school on um and run that fifty/fifty defense and break out in the single wing as tribute to us old school boys. The Pirates could run the 46 or 48 allnight and score at will before "Brokeneck" could figure that a catergory five hurricane justa hit em.' Better yet, lets bring the boys off the field after the first quarter and play a pirates vs. warriors alumni fundraising game. That's a better ticket. Anyway, another little ol' tune-up game so the junior varsity(7th&8th) can play and get a letter too. Final Score: CastIron CornBreads 60 and Jaspers 0. P.S. "Uncle Harvey, start thawing out the hamburger meat."------HowiePirate(Class of 85')

The sad think about your "Old School" comment is this: If you graduated in 1985 from SP, then you never beat MC. :thumb:

I would like for everyone to relax and don't get over anxious. I know everyone is probably genuinely excited about me gracing you with my presence at this game. Only three more days. I would like to get a look at all the young lads playing the game for both teams so I will arrive early. To answer your question about the veer? Colquette is the mastermind of the veer. He knows it much better than Boeck. Colquette has been a living legend since the days of Cokey Pryor, Jim Cheaves, Dewayne Walters, Jim Fowler, Garfield Hale and others.

Old Pirate reads the post as a feeling of loss. Purt near sure theys been some mourning round the courthouse. Don't you know them folkes from Jasper feel helpless aknowing theys goin to get killed Friday nite. Recon some folkes may find that last statement crude also, but on target. Jest can't see the warriors staying close in this one. Fact is TTP posted a 60 point win by SP. Funeral, killed, smacked, earholed recon they all apply.

:thumb: Let me make sure I dont upset anyone with this post. Pirate fans get your popcorn ready :popcorneater: . Jasper fans dont even attend because South Pittsburg is going to whoop Jaspers butt. :roflol: