The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Correction Howie.. In 1982 (your sophomore year) Marion County was State Runner-up in 1A and in 1984 (your senior year) Marion County was State Runner-up in 2A.. We didn't move to 3A until after we had won the State Championships in 1990 and 1992 at the 2A level...

Correction PurpleGrad, in 1982, Jasper was runner up in A and in 1984 runner up in AA. Jasper was state champs in AA in 90 & 92. :thumb: Then came the 1a - 5a watered down system.

It will be a festive envirnonment on Friday night down in Pittsburg. I for one am very happy that many of the "extra baggage" type coaches have been removed from Marion's sidelines. If they would get rid of the few they have left it would be beneficial to all our young lads in purple. I am afraid the young lads in orange and black are going to be the young lads in purple to a bloody pulp. As usual I will be arriving early with my entire entourage. I will be signing autographs on the track if any of you young lads want an autograph that continues to be worth more and more. I believe the young lads in orange and black just have to much speed for the boys in purple. The Entourage is very, very excited about the festivities planned for tomorrow night. Hopefully all young lads will have a safe game and we will find a few new legends in the process. I have apparently awarded the SP Legend with legend status sometime in the recent past. I am sure if he achieved it then he deserves the honor.

Correction PurpleGrad, in 1982, Jasper was runner up in A and in 1984 runner up in AA. Jasper was state champs in AA in 90 & 92. :thumb: Then came the 1a - 5a watered down system.

OK.. I know there were probably too many parentheses in my post for you to comprehend.. but that is exactly what I said.. Runner up in 1A in 1982 and Runner up in 2A in 1984.. State Champs in 2A in 1990 and 1992.. State Champs in 3A 1994 and 1995.. Howie was using the excuse that we were 3A during his playing days which is why he never was on a winning team against Marion County.. He originally had Class of 85 in his signature until he removed it for some unknown reason... Ashamed would be my guess..

Uncle Dave is saddened that this is not going to be a good game in this rivalry. The Pirates just have too much talent for the Warriors to overcome. I think we will see Millard more settled in this game and I expect him to have a big night throwing and running. Unless the Warriors have been sandbagging the first two games, I see the final score 63-7...[b]All Pirates[/b].

BEST PIRATE AND WARRIOR GAMES

Old Pirate was attempting to figure out the best game ever between these two programs

Recon that is open for discussion, game in the 60s, game in the 70s,game in the 80s, game in the 90s or game after the turn of the century? Dad burnit......OP knows 1 thing for sure it won't be Fryday nite. Good luck to the youngons on both teams.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

OK.. I know there were probably too many parentheses in my post for you to comprehend.. but that is exactly what I said.. Runner up in 1A in 1982 and Runner up in 2A in 1984.. State Champs in 2A in 1990 and 1992.. State Champs in 3A 1994 and 1995.. Howie was using the excuse that we were 3A during his playing days which is why he never was on a winning team against Marion County.. He originally had Class of 85 in his signature until he removed it for some unknown reason... Ashamed would be my guess..

PG, KL was wondering when you are going to quit living in the 90's and come on through Y2K? Anyways, glad to see you back. Warrior fans are few and far between on these here boards lately. Hope for an injury free game tomorrow night. Pirates roll.

The PittsburgLegend wants to send a shoutout to PowerP. What courage you showed tonight in the epic match between you & me. Only one could come out victorious and the PittsburgLegend showed why he is Legendary. PowerP your day will come again soon :D . As for the game its time for the PittsburgLegend to give all you young lads a bold prediction. The Pirates will win, and they will win big. 71-20 :thumb: . This will be the biggest blowout that the PittsburgLegend has ever witnessed between these two schools. Hopefully one day soon the purple lads can bring back that old school football, and make this a rivalry again. :blush:

ACHIEVING LEGEND STATUS WAS MY CHOICE

Well I just got back from jaspers middle school game and I hate to say it but I bet there are more jasper fans there than at the high school game tomorrow. The only people that will be at the game tomorrow is the kids parent and I bet half of them want come. :roflol:

How was the middle school? Ahh the Warrior faithful will show up tommorrow. One thing about the fans they love their team no matter how bad they are. Just like we would for the Pirates. The question is how long will the be there? :roflol: I say by halftime they are cleared out! What do you think Pitt? Remember everyone there is no competition!

Edited by NoCompetition2