Siegel vs Oakland

crazy_cowboy89

Well it is nearing game time and I know my boys at Oakland are chomping at the bit to get this one started. Me too. I know they will play hard and play with emotion.

Rivalries are fun but can sometimes go way too far. I don't like it when innocent folk suffer for others pleasure.....like the ones who had to repair the softball building or the folk who got the gum smeared all over their cars a few yrs back. Siegel also got some paint on their asphalt once too. Both schools have done a few "classless" shirts about each other over the years too. Some of us CoachT posters have even been trashed on signs at various places too . ( Like me at Riverdale and at Seegull.) No telling what this shirt tonight will say. Signs, chants, and shirts....no big deal. Trashing others property should be punished no matter who did it .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't make it to the game, you can listen online at www.middletennesseesportsnetwork.com. Just click on the banner to listen. Tune in at 6 PM for the series premiere of Prep Weekly, hosted by 104.5 The Zone's Chad Withrow and Chris Eakes, which will lead up to our pregame show at 7 PM.

You are the poster child for why I heckle the Pattys - you just don't get it do you. Powder on the floor - not just a little on one side but a full cloud that covered the gym and required the game to be delayed 20+ minutes - technical foul not called. Have you ever been in physics class? What happens to a hardwood floor when you put a layer of powder on it? Slick surface - same effect as a bowler putting talc on their shoes - used to make the player slide. Since basketball players need traction, this could cause knee and ankle issues for both teams. As for the T-shirts, I too heard this and have been told of what it will say - nothing classless about it and I'll be checking what my kids will be wearing. Only problem is Oakland wannabee's didn't think of it first so of course it is classless. Boo hoo...

Sounds to me like you're chapped! Baby powder will fix that for ya!

Your pompous, entitled attitude is why people in this town dislike Siegel so much. Oakland has healthy competition against the other schools in this county because it's friendly NONPERSONAL jabbing. But your Siegel children act like they're entitled and immune to do whatever they want to do.

If you think the t-shirts aren't classless, then I can't wait to hear your reaction to the ones Oakland will create in response. The only difference is, ours won't list individuals...your kids have no sense of where the line is drawn. And, by the way, no one asked permission to use those names, either. Could get interesting.

By the way, as I write this, Oakland is beating the crap out of your kid's team. Siegel's football team is really, really bad.

What a defensive clinic put on tonight by the Patriots from start to finish. Everyone flying to the ball like it was the last Oakland Dog at the concession stand. Great Job Guys

Didnt think it was possible to top last week, but apparently it was. Thru 3 games, Oakland has given up 7 points and 174 yards of total offense, that is video game stats right there. Way to make a statement boys

This one was never in question. It almost looked like seegull was in slow-motion most of the game or are we thatttttttttttttttttttt fassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst? Maybe a little of both? Great win for Oakland. Congrats to our boys and the coaches. Great preparation and execution. I think our D made a statement tonight, one that seegull won't forget for awhile. Gonna be some boys sleeping in ice tonight b/c our D was swarming and crunching some bone. I like I like!

Sounds to me like you're chapped! Baby powder will fix that for ya!

Your pompous, entitled attitude is why people in this town dislike Siegel so much. Oakland has healthy competition against the other schools in this county because it's friendly NONPERSONAL jabbing. But your Siegel children act like they're entitled and immune to do whatever they want to do.

If you think the t-shirts aren't classless, then I can't wait to hear your reaction to the ones Oakland will create in response. The only difference is, ours won't list individuals...your kids have no sense of where the line is drawn. And, by the way, no one asked permission to use those names, either. Could get interesting.

By the way, as I write this, Oakland is beating the crap out of your kid's team. Siegel's football team is really, really bad.

Good win tonight - did you think we really could stay with your guys?

As for the t-shirts, I'm looking at one now and would wear it in front of any pastor in town. Nothing ugly, but it seems that the line again is drawn not in the middle but skewed to Jokelands side. Isn't it amazing that your admin can stop a high school kid from wearing a shirt from Siegel but it's ok for jokeland to bring theirs? First names were the issue right? We need permission to put it on a t-shirt? OK, then when do you and your kids ask for permission for the things being shouted at our players? It don't work that way Lonegone, oakland does what they want and then stops you from doing it because its tastless. Wow - you guys really have a reality check comming IF you get out of your safe haven on your side of town.

Pompous? On our side of Memorial the road is called Haynes Drive, your side it changes to"Dejarnett". Pompous - you got it right there. And for the record, calling the other team garbage or telling the player by your failed cheering squad a jerk or that they suck isn't crossing the line when it's being done by you right?

Good luck the rest of the year!