Sullivan South vs. Daniel Boone 9/3/2010

2000southreb81

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have news for some of the South Rebel naysayers on this board...this season isn't over yet!

We lost 23 seniors, 2/3 of which were great players, all of which were great leaders. We are rebuilding. Unfortunately, we don't have a front loaded schedule full of cupcakes. We didn't get time to work out the mistakes. Player mistakes, coaching mistakes, positioning mistakes, etc. We are having to grow up very fast and we need more leaders. We don't need captains that don't care or fans/daddys that only care about their kids. We need to stick together, pick better places to sit, and we need some kids to step up. We've been outmanned upfront in both games and are paying for it. Yes, our QB is running too much. This beats him up physically and mentally, not to mention he's too tired to throw on the run constantly. And I don't care if we have Barry Sanders in the backfield, there is nowhere to run up the gut right now. We've got to figure out how to get it in the hands of the playmakers, but we've got to have time to do it. There was a play last night where the Gville defense hit the lead back(1st fake) before the QB barely got the ball.

I say "Go Rebels". Go inspite of the naysayers. Go inspite of the backbiters. Go inspite of our inexperience. I know you can do it.

Good post.. a lot of truth in there.

Boone had another sloppy game against Cherokee! Interception, fumble, and uncalled for penalties. I'd say we will break the streak and get through this week, but if the mentality of the players don't change before DB and SH there could be some major problems. South may struggle to get through this season but DB did last year and now they are stacked. Just gotta hold on and weather a few storms. Boone stops the run, but lacks big time in pass defense. Usually gives up some pretty big plays in the secondary. How is Souths pass game this year? same as years past?

Boone had another sloppy game against Cherokee! Interception, fumble, and uncalled for penalties. I'd say we will break the streak and get through this week, but if the mentality of the players don't change before DB and SH there could be some major problems. South may struggle to get through this season but DB did last year and now they are stacked. Just gotta hold on and weather a few storms. Boone stops the run, but lacks big time in pass defense. Usually gives up some pretty big plays in the secondary. How is Souths pass game this year? same as years past?

Hey what ever happened to "The Mouth of The South" BTaylorMom??? I mean, she was the biggest South fan ever (for 1 year), now that her son has graduated she's nowhere to be found??? And does anyone know what Volmanscott's new screen name is??? I know he's on here somewhere. He couldn't just go "cold turkey" like that. I kinda' miss that fool Crap1. Hopefuly CoachT didn't give him the Royal Boot for good. Maybe he is just serving a 1 week suspension. That takes at least 3 screen names off these boards. Anyway, good luck to South & Boone. I hope you battle to a 0-0 tie. That would be awsome.

65 31 44 12

Please circle the captain that doesn't care!

I guess it's OK to call out a captain in a SA way, but there'll be hades to pay if you mention a coach. That's just not right.

I am fairly sure I used a broad stroke in illustrating our issues. I also made it clear the season isn't over yet.

I have refrained from the boards mainly because I saw this coming. I didn't want to get involved in the crap. But, I have one comment. Batmast, answer CD's question. Would we have a better record if Stacy were still here? I knew as soon as things didn't go our way, people would point to the coaches. Yes, they have made mistakes. Stacy never made any did he??? High school coaching is based mainly on talent. We've had a drop. JMO. We've been so fortunate the last few years it's crazy. We do have talent this year, don't get me wrong. We can still have a good year. I totally agree with Comp. JC needs some touches. I think he will get some this week. Now, back to hibernation...........

I have refrained from the boards mainly because I saw this coming. I didn't want to get involved in the crap. But, I have one comment. Batmast, answer CD's question. Would we have a better record if Stacy were still here? I knew as soon as things didn't go our way, people would point to the coaches. Yes, they have made mistakes. Stacy never made any did he??? High school coaching is based mainly on talent. We've had a drop. JMO. We've been so fortunate the last few years it's crazy. We do have talent this year, don't get me wrong. We can still have a good year. I totally agree with Comp. JC needs some touches. I think he will get some this week. Now, back to hibernation...........

WoW! That only took 7 minutes. :)

Go way back to the Elizabethton years where they made it to the 4th round of the play offs 3 or 4 years in a row. They stomped everyone around here (aside from DB...and a hilarious comment from Clark) made it to the 3rd round and lost by one play 3 years in a row.

Winning streaks, dominate teams, all the stuff seems to wax and wane with all the 4A-5A schools in our area. DB has always been dominate year in and year out and Johnson City suddenly claims they are a dominate force.

I am not saying this is what is happening at South, but if it was, people shouldn't be surprised because it has happened with every team in the area. Heck, even DB got bit with the bug last year, but is back in normal form this year.