Sullivan South vs. Daniel Boone 9/3/2010

2000southreb81

Maybe the problem is who you were sitting around. Mostly pure silliness. It is this thinking that got South where they are today. Putting the Garvin kid in the backfield. Please. May I repeat what I said earlier:

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

"South loses the 1st three. Bank it. The Good Ole Boy Crew is in way over their heads."

Posted 4 days ago

"This one was decided months ago. Greeneville Big.

Can't hide it. It's not going away."

Posted A week ago

"The grumbling starts. I figured, as I posted, it would take 0-3 to start hearing from the so call faithful.

Well coached teams will take the West game and make adjustments to improve. Could this this happen for South? No. If they had not put all their eggs in just a few baskets, they may have had a chance. They have developed a few players for this game plan and other than a trick play here or there they are stuck. Wrong players, wrong positions and wrong game plan. If one of these players is out a game or two look for a loss to, dare I say it...Vol., Crockett or even Central.

Too bad for the players and the true supporters."

End Quote.

The situation South finds itself in is a direct result of the coaching. They picked out the "superstars" before the first practice, with input from their "cronies" and put the teams future in their hands. Now you want to take it even a step further. It is too late. They haven't developed but these few future "superstars" and are now stuck and scrambling. Laziness? Arrogance? This is precisely why good athletes are walking the halls and not on the field. They had no chance. Again, too bad.

Just curious Batmast, in your omniscient world, would South's record be any different right now with Stacy Carter coaching and would there be any other players playing who are "walking the halls"?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter knew the time was right to leave. Talent drop and the "Kingsport squeeze" were weighing heavy. He took the best chance that will likely come around for the next few years.

Do you really think "the chosen ones" are getting the starting jobs? Sound like ( and looks like ) a few are "not exactly team players" if you know what I mean. It appears that there is no obvious choice of a top RB, at least in the coaches eyes. Otherwise there would not be so many keepers and pass plays.

Could be another tough Friday coming up.

Just curious Batmast, in your omniscient world, would South's record be any different right now with Stacy Carter coaching and would there be any other players playing who are "walking the halls"?

As opposed to some on here that spout page upon page of nonsense, I have not been wrong. South may beat Boone. I wouldn't take them and 14 right now. Now, what I state was started under Carter and taken to the extreme this year. Many programs long lasting downturns start this way. There for sure are potential players in South's halls as there are at all schools. I know of no particular one here, but you will see in the next year or two what I mean.

Do a poll of the players. And not just the few names that get listed in the paper. Which coaches do they think care about them? Which ones make it fun and are fair? Carter did this pretty well. These coaches??????????

Just my opinion , South has to start winning the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball . It don't matter who is carrying the rock ,if the o-line gets handled up front like last night. probably won't face a d-line like Greeneville till DB Indians . I think they will get it turned back the right direction this week , don't give up on Cassell,Hubbard running the ball just yet... not many carries for either one of them so far this year.

Coach Jenkins should probably give the team the week off to rest up. You guys don't need to practice for us FB.

I seriously doubt that. Those kids will be foaming at the mouth to play South. South has had our number, ran the score up, and been a dominate force against Boone since 2000. This is a huge game for both teams, and a huge stepping stone for Boone. But they have to play better than they have been. South is well coached and the boys will be ready, Boone has to respond with the same. I won't make any claims about us beating South until I see it happen. South is still a dominate force, they are just looking for the right things to click right now.

Batmast, I've held my rebuttal more than a few times in regard to what you are saying. I think Crawdad hears you as saying, "See, I told you so." I personally think that is all you are trying to say. OK, let's say you are 100% correct...what is your motive? It looks like the motive of a scorned parent. I won't go there because maybe you have insight that the rest don't. Or as you might say, that you just are smart enough to see what no one else does. Who knows, maybe you are a coach. Irregardless, I read what you say and I think about it. However your last post it seems is trying to be inteligent. As if you are trying to be scientific about what you are saying. I will pay close attention to when all you have predicted falls into place and you get on here and dance and carry on. I personally would not wish for such failure of any program. You have to admit it does sort of make you look like your are hammering nails in the coffin. As always, it is very easy to speak so critical of people when you hide behind a screen name. When I speak of Southers all know exactly who I am. As does most other schools posters. Makes no difference...I say what I have to say regardless. I would just feel a bit more comfortable with what you are saying if I didn't feel the spite.

I have news for some of the South Rebel naysayers on this board...this season isn't over yet!

We lost 23 seniors, 2/3 of which were great players, all of which were great leaders. We are rebuilding. Unfortunately, we don't have a front loaded schedule full of cupcakes. We didn't get time to work out the mistakes. Player mistakes, coaching mistakes, positioning mistakes, etc. We are having to grow up very fast and we need more leaders. We don't need captains that don't care or fans/daddys that only care about their kids. We need to stick together, pick better places to sit, and we need some kids to step up. We've been outmanned upfront in both games and are paying for it. Yes, our QB is running too much. This beats him up physically and mentally, not to mention he's too tired to throw on the run constantly. And I don't care if we have Barry Sanders in the backfield, there is nowhere to run up the gut right now. We've got to figure out how to get it in the hands of the playmakers, but we've got to have time to do it. There was a play last night where the Gville defense hit the lead back(1st fake) before the QB barely got the ball.

I say "Go Rebels". Go inspite of the naysayers. Go inspite of the backbiters. Go inspite of our inexperience. I know you can do it.

comp,

if jordan has this kind of acceleration and speed and is a runnning back...then why is he continually running up the middle and "bashing his head"? as far as JC is concerened, he has excellent hands to catch the ball and is fearless!! what would be the problem with putting him at fullback some and running a few sweeps and be the lead block for the speedster jordan??

another question, maybe i have missed this play somewhere, but does the rebel coaching staff have a pitch play in their playbook anywhere? its pretty simple to think that if you have speed like this jordan evidently has, why not put him in space and let him run?

ok then...one more question..why did the coaching staff put #10 in to play running back last night for only the one play (which he fumbled) on the twenty yard line of greeneville when south had their 3 running backs (Cassell, Hubbard, and Steffey) on the sideline?? this really had the entire bleachers scratching their head!!! I would love to hear the explanation for this decision and whos call it was. Absolutely makes no sense!!!

This even had another coach sitting in the stands scratching his head.....

I mean, 100, it's not really difficult is it? Unless I'm not getting the VooDoo. Pitch? Garvin lead Blocking? #10 fumbling the ball? Well the first two sounds like the power I with Hub, Garvin, and Jordan. B) The other one had me scratching my head as well. But I am good with the spread as long as we cater to the athletes specialties whatever play call will accomplish that.

Batmast, I've held my rebuttal more than a few times in regard to what you are saying. I think Crawdad hears you as saying, "See, I told you so." I

I knew exactly what he was saying and I did tell you so. My motive initially was meant as a warning of what was coming in hopes of changes. I take no pleasure in the downfall of the South program as I know some of the parents and players involved. Also, I don't care how important you are in your own mind, how you feel about me or what I post. I do care and hope that people wake up before the next contracts are signed.

I have news for some of the South Rebel naysayers on this board...this season isn't over yet!

We lost 23 seniors, 2/3 of which were great players, all of which were great leaders. We are rebuilding. Unfortunately, we don't have a front loaded schedule full of cupcakes. We didn't get time to work out the mistakes. Player mistakes, coaching mistakes, positioning mistakes, etc. We are having to grow up very fast and we need more leaders. We don't need captains that don't care or fans/daddys that only care about their kids. We need to stick together, pick better places to sit, and we need some kids to step up. We've been outmanned upfront in both games and are paying for it. Yes, our QB is running too much. This beats him up physically and mentally, not to mention he's too tired to throw on the run constantly. And I don't care if we have Barry Sanders in the backfield, there is nowhere to run up the gut right now. We've got to figure out how to get it in the hands of the playmakers, but we've got to have time to do it. There was a play last night where the Gville defense hit the lead back(1st fake) before the QB barely got the ball.

I say "Go Rebels". Go inspite of the naysayers. Go inspite of the backbiters. Go inspite of our inexperience. I know you can do it.

Now dats what I'm talkin bout...spot on...and that's all it is...folks need to quit trying to make it out to be something else...play on Rebs :thumb:

I knew exactly what he was saying and I did tell you so. My motive initially was meant as a warning of what was coming in hopes of changes. I take no pleasure in the downfall of the South program as I know some of the parents and players involved. Also, I don't care how important you are in your own mind, how you feel about me or what I post. I do care and hope that people wake up before the next contracts are signed.

I guess I was just trying to understand your point of view, Batmast. I mean we only have one new coach, so you're saying the current situation has gone on for 6 years under the Carter regime or has just gotten "bad" since he left because he no longer polices it?

As far as the record, somewhere on the Big 8 thread I predicted a 6-4 record for South. This was based on who we played and how I projected our team. I Thought we might steal one from West and we could have were it not for 4 turnovers. I thought every team on our schedule would be better this year except Tn. Hi and Crockett. What I'm trying to say now is ,I would not necessarily label you swami because you were preaching a 0-3 start. I think any realistic,even optimistic Rebel fan knew this could happen.

As far as other athletes not playing, I don't know who they would be. I suppose there may be a handful who could play special teams and help out,but there are no "wonder boys" roaming the halls who are hidden treasures. We would hear the other kids talk about them. This Senior class has some very good players,but there are not many. Hubbard and Shanks give you something from the Pirate side and the former Chargers were 3-4 or 4-4 in middle school. I see us filling the gaps with the best we got. Other than D-B we should be in every game. And no, I don't have a kid playing, but I love Sullivan South and Colonial Heights football from my days of growing up here.