Sullivan South vs. Daniel Boone 9/3/2010

2000southreb81

Just curious Batmast, in your omniscient world, would South's record be any different right now with Stacy Carter coaching and would there be any other players playing who are "walking the halls"?

If SC was their, i think they would have beaten West but not Greenville. The offense needs work. I went to the West game and the offense started working with the two back set, but you have to stay with it. Hayden needs to do a better job reading the defense, but the coaches need to not put him in bad situations either. This game will be the true test of South. If they win this game the season will continue to get better, but if they lose look out. The wheels just might come off. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebels will be determined and re-focused. I think it will be a close, physical football game with the Rebels pulling out all the stops. The longer it stays close, the tighter the Blazers will get. A 10 year drought wears on the psyche.

It will be good to get the blacksheep back on the field. We could use his fire and enthusiasm.

Boone had another sloppy game against Cherokee! Interception, fumble, and uncalled for penalties. I'd say we will break the streak and get through this week, but if the mentality of the players don't change before DB and SH there could be some major problems. South may struggle to get through this season but DB did last year and now they are stacked. Just gotta hold on and weather a few storms. Boone stops the run, but lacks big time in pass defense. Usually gives up some pretty big plays in the secondary. How is Souths pass game this year? same as years past?

TBB, you want to talk football! What a commodity. What I would like to know is which one of your QB's is carrying the load? You want to know about our passing game? It has potential. Same as years past? It will probably gel this Friday night. And turnovers?.....we'll race you! Oh, and Science Hill is struggling rather badly so I don't know if I would put them in the same category as DB just yet.

I think it is very important to remember that these are 16-17 year old young men that you are talking about. I know they have made mistakes and believe me THEY know it too. As a parent I have the utmost respect for each of the players and coaches. The number of hours they put into playing football is unbelievable and until I was a football parent I had NO idea.

The coaches at South are wonderful roll models for the players. I was fortunate enough to listen to Coach Haynie talk about "faith, family and football" in that order. I for one consider us to be lucky to have a good leader.

I know that this weekend these boys have watched and rewatched the game film, and hopefully are seeing what they can do to correct their mistakes. If you think about last year most of players on the field were SR and they are not there anymore. This is the first time playing for some of them.

So before you start calling names and numbers please consider what this does to them.

I for one say GO REBELS!!! I will be in the stands each Friday night pulling for my team and feel lucky to have that oppurtunity...

I feel your pain Rebel 99.It's a hard place to be when your team is having a rough time.It's all good when our teams win but many will throw you over the cliff in a NewYork second when things go,"well", south sort of speak.It's great this year for us at DB,but watch out if we stumble just a little bit.We will have people calling for the coaches head and bringing up history from 1776 if they can find it.It's part of the game and people love a winner.I love to win as well and hate to lose,but you have to learn to win or lose in this game or the game of life.

I'm a little worried about this Blazer team. Ball security, penalities,

and no killer instinct. Both quarterbacks have been very inconsistent and the

pass defense has been average at best. They are not performing, at this point,

anything like a Jenkins coached football team.

Maybe they have fallen prey to the pre-season hype or maybe they are just saving up for the first big game. My bet is they are very into it this week.