MTCS @ Moore County

CoffeeBreak

looking foward to seeing this game this is a more aggressive raider team . The only thing i have noticed is the coaching staff needs to realize the weapons they have and not play the same kids on both sides of the ball. Come the 4th qrt. defense looked tired from playin both ways . I saw alot of kids not playin who has in the past some in which are Seniors I think . Raiders is also trying to go to a spread offense not all about the run anymore as years past. GOOD LUCK RAIDERS .....

[in 1A ball you see players playing both ways, usually because you have fewer players. My son rarely came out of the game. We used to live in Rhea County, a big school. The coach's philosophy there was you play your BEST players on Defense and filled in with players on Offense. If the other team can't score they can't beat you. One of the 2 way players at Rhea County at that time was a player you may have heard of. ANDY KELLY./quote]

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking MTCS by 14 or more. Nothing fancy on offense but they are much improved and their linebacking play was very good when I watched in wk 0. If #5 can play 4 qrtrs and they open up their offense a little bit this team is legit and will challenge for their district. If Cascade overlooks them they will get surprised & disappointed. Good luck MTCS!!

Edited by Volzchamps

Lot's of zeal. Not sure there is much company with OC out on that limb. Defense has played very well the last two weeks. Looks to me like they are a few steps ahead of the offense. Offense has several new pieces on the line and in the skill area. Hopefully everybody starts clicking together real soon. We've seen glimpses of some really good things. We may not have a big fullback in physical size but his heart adds 30-40 lbs to his frame.

I just hope the cougars can limp away from Lynchburg with a district win late Friday night. Chip Cirillo(Tennessean beat writer) picked us this week after missing on the Watertown call last week. I suspect Kreager will pick us as well.

C11 -- you making an appearance at the the Forrest game?

I'll be there coffee. Follow my twitter for scores

First, I do not believe it is an upset when MC beats MTCS....Second it is ashamed that posters from Lynchburg pick another team over the Blue Raiders. I'm just saying.....

Wingman, thanks for the confidence and loyalty to a nearby community....

Now, you know my heart is always with the Blue Raiders, no matter who is their coach. I am thrilled they got the w. Kids played hard and the fans were like the fans of old.