Livingston Academy @ Smith County

glover

Livingston Academy @ Smith County  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Livingston Academy @ Smith County

• Livingston Academy
    • Smith County

And they acted like they had never won a game in their lives. Not to mention they called playaction on 4th down after already bein up close to 30 when they knew they could score on nearly every play. Then they jumped around in the middle of our field like they had won the Super Bowl. Yes. It put a bit of a bad taste in the high school kids' mouths. I hadn't seen a LA group act like that before.

I believer you're right Ruler. Looked to me like they ran up the score some. Didn't call off the dogs until late.But the worst part was celebrating in the middle of SC field. High School youngens seen it, and I believe ole Jimbo himself seen it.

Ain't nothing wrong with being excited,happy and such. I just ain't never seen LA do that stuff. Usually a classy bunch. But I don't think you can hold all accountable for a few.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believer you're right Ruler. Looked to me like they ran up the score some. Didn't call off the dogs until late.But the worst part was celebrating in the middle of SC field. High School youngens seen it, and I believe ole Jimbo himself seen it.

Ain't nothing wrong with being excited,happy and such. I just ain't never seen LA do that stuff. Usually a classy bunch. But I don't think you can hold all accountable for a few.

I have to agree I have never seen a livingston bunch act the way their Jr. high team did. They have always acted with class win or lose. Maybe this is something that once they get to high school will be corrected. I'm sure coach Lamb will take care of this as they have always had alot of class in all their sports.

Ok here's my assessment, not that anyone cares....

I was impressed with your defense. Not the most physical Owl "D" that I have ever seen, but as a whole, stingy and flying around the ball. Obviously you can't chuck it around the yard like last year, but I think you can definitely throw effectively. It still looks to me like you press a little...trying to hit the home run too often, but to each his own. The young offensive line will only get better as the year goes along, but you've got to find a running game. Like someone said earlier, I would expect Manning's carries to start picking up, as long as he can handle it, which he probably can. Not taking away anything from the other two backs, but they seem to be more effective in space. All you can do is get to work and keep improving every week, and I think you'll be fine.

Term...if I knew who you were, I'd bought you that coke.

And I totally agree with Croz's assessment. Some of the Blue want to bash him for his opinions and question his loyalty? He speaks the truth....good or bad. Like he said....some call it a lack of conditioning, some calling it cramping, some call it "other things"! Not really going to say much else about G'ville. We still gotta play 'em! :twisted:

Great atmosphere as always!

Guest Termite

Ok here's my assessment, not that anyone cares....

I was impressed with your defense. Not the most physical Owl "D" that I have ever seen, but as a whole, stingy and flying around the ball. Obviously you can't chuck it around the yard like last year, but I think you can definitely throw effectively. It still looks to me like you press a little...trying to hit the home run too often, but to each his own. The young offensive line will only get better as the year goes along, but you've got to find a running game. Like someone said earlier, I would expect Manning's carries to start picking up, as long as he can handle it, which he probably can. Not taking away anything from the other two backs, but they seem to be more effective in space. All you can do is get to work and keep improving every week, and I think you'll be fine.

Term...if I knew who you were, I'd bought you that coke.

And I totally agree with Croz's assessment. Some of the Blue want to bash him for his opinions and question his loyalty? He speaks the truth....good or bad. Like he said....some call it a lack of conditioning, some calling it cramping, some call it "other things"! Not really going to say much else about G'ville. We still gotta play 'em! :twisted:

Great atmosphere as always!

It was a great atmosphere. Especially on the Home side. I agree with you for the most part. Very good defense. Throw just enough to keep everybody honest,and I think that's the reason for the home run ball every once in a while. You know it's gonna happen 3-4 times a game...so as a defender you got to be looking for it. The line will only get better with only 1 Sr. The 2-3 backs will seperate them selves as the season goes. Each one brings somethng different to the table.

I'm like you......I like the Croz..Seems to be real good people.

AND.......Tell ya what SEVEN, throw in a Dog or Burger with that Coke and ......well....never mind. :lol:

It was a great atmosphere. Especially on the Home side. I agree with you for the most part. Very good defense. Throw just enough to keep everybody honest,and I think that's the reason for the home run ball every once in a while. You know it's gonna happen 3-4 times a game...so as a defender you got to be looking for it. The line will only get better with only 1 Sr. The 2-3 backs will seperate them selves as the season goes. Each one brings somethng different to the table.

AND.......Tell ya what SEVEN, throw in a Dog or Burger with that Coke and ......well....never mind. :lol:

We, SC, don't have a back that can pound the line and drive the defense backward like Woodmore and others. Our running backs are: 5'7'/150 lbs and 5'8'/138. Our fullback is 5'9"/166. Speed and quickness is all we have. Would love to have a Woodmore or Montgomery from Cheatham County. We are limited as to what we can do up the middle. We have good receivers and Scurlock can throw the ball. I think he is especially effective when he sprints out and throws ao runs. Only did that once Friday night and he picked up good yards. We still are looking for our identity on offense and I am sure the coaches will adjust as to what we can do the best. Both teams we have played have excellent defenses and it hasn't been easy to run the ball with out limitations. So, we will take what we have and let the coaches coach. :thumb:

We, SC, don't have a back that can pound the line and drive the defense backward like Woodmore and others. Our running backs are: 5'7'/150 lbs and 5'8'/138. Our fullback is 5'9"/166. Speed and quickness is all we have. Would love to have a Woodmore or Montgomery from Cheatham County. We are limited as to what we can do up the middle. We have good receivers and Scurlock can throw the ball. I think he is especially effective when he sprints out and throws ao runs. Only did that once Friday night and he picked up good yards. We still are looking for our identity on offense and I am sure the coaches will adjust as to what we can do the best. Both teams we have played have excellent defenses and it hasn't been easy to run the ball with out limitations. So, we will take what we have and let the coaches coach. :thumb:

That's all you can do....play with the hand you are dealt. Again, not taking away anything from anyone. There's more than a few that I'd like to see wearing purple, Wakefield being one of them! Should have given more props to G'vlle's defense. They played pretty good as well.

What is going on with the SC threads has ole Al shut down the net in parts of Carthage? Hard times and Girls soccer has taken its toll ( and "D1") on the Cannon faithful, good luck in this one ,probably won't need it but use it up before you come over the hill!! :hungry:

Smith County will see that this isn't the same Livingston Academy team that they have faced the last couple of years. I think the Owls will be in for a rude awakening when we come to the hole this Friday. You don't have enough speed to keep up with this young LA team, and that was proven when this kids played in middle school just a few years ago. And from the sounds of it, that won't change for a while if that 54-0 score. LA - 21, SC - 7.

Smith County will see that this isn't the same Livingston Academy team that they have faced the last couple of years. I think the Owls will be in for a rude awakening when we come to the hole this Friday. You don't have enough speed to keep up with this young LA team, and that was proven when this kids played in middle school just a few years ago. And from the sounds of it, that won't change for a while if that 54-0 score. LA - 21, SC - 7.

:popcorneater:

Not the same team we faced last year ? Wow, we just barley beat LA last year

Owls will face a rude awakening in the "hole"? Nope, we are used to taking our opponents best shot.

owls don't have enough speed to keep up with this young team? Don't blink when you are at the "hole" - you will surely miss a big play by the Owls

Game played by the Middle School a few years age? See, you blinked and missed so much - we don't play in the past

54-0 score? Better not blink again, you will surely miss something again

:roflol::roflol::roflol: