Livingston Academy @ Smith County

glover

Livingston Academy @ Smith County  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Livingston Academy @ Smith County

• Livingston Academy
    • Smith County

Enjoyed the game at the hole last Friday night. Had a hard time finding a seat at 7pm, but folks made room for us.

SC looked good on defense as long as they didn't let the big back get some momentum. He was a load after breaking the line of scrimmage, but he wore out at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too bad for Gordonsville they don't have the depth to play him only on offense. SC defense is very quick and they get to the ball.

SC's offense has a long way to go, but hopefully, that is youth and inexperience. They really don't have the "playmakers" they had last year. Backs are really small and the QB is the only one who really will be able to run between the tackles against a good defense. QB made some good throws, especially the long TD and the ball on the long interference that would have been complete without the penalty. Wasn't that impressed with the playmaking skills of the receivers, but hard to tell in one game early in the year. The big TE only caught one ball (I think), and I would go to him more. He is a great athlete.

One thing that hopefully will get better was SC's silly penalties. Both teams killed themselves with penalties (guessing there was 10 total in the 1st half). SC's only drive in the first half was because of 3 penalties (2 unnecessary roughness and a pass interference). They really didn't get much offensive yardage and stalled inside the 10yl.

SC had lots of silly penalties (motion, illegal shifts, too many men in the huddle, etc.). Gordonsville, I'm guessing, outgained SC in the first half, but penalties (one after a long gain that put them in the red zone), terrible punts, and turnovers killed them.

SC's depth is what won the game for them. Gordonsville's best athletes went both ways, took a pounding and just wore out late in the 3rd.

Regardless, SC has a very good team and if they mature a bit and reduce mistakes, they will be a contender this year. Go, Owls.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith County will see that this isn't the same Livingston Academy team that they have faced the last couple of years. I think the Owls will be in for a rude awakening when we come to the hole this Friday. You don't have enough speed to keep up with this young LA team, and that was proven when this kids played in middle school just a few years ago. And from the sounds of it, that won't change for a while if that 54-0 score. LA - 21, SC - 7.

Hey, are the dude that bought them 2 quart jars from me?? Been in them pretty deep ain't you?? :lol:

Yes sir...I'd' base everything off Middle School a few years ago.

When's the last time LA scored 21 points on SC??

Enjoyed the game at the hole last Friday night. Had a hard time finding a seat at 7pm, but folks made room for us.

SC looked good on defense as long as they didn't let the big back get some momentum. He was a load after breaking the line of scrimmage, but he wore out at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too bad for Gordonsville they don't have the depth to play him only on offense. SC defense is very quick and they get to the ball.

SC's offense has a long way to go, but hopefully, that is youth and inexperience. They really don't have the "playmakers" they had last year. Backs are really small and the QB is the only one who really will be able to run between the tackles against a good defense. QB made some good throws, especially the long TD and the ball on the long interference that would have been complete without the penalty. Wasn't that impressed with the playmaking skills of the receivers, but hard to tell in one game early in the year. The big TE only caught one ball (I think), and I would go to him more. He is a great athlete.

One thing that hopefully will get better was SC's silly penalties. Both teams killed themselves with penalties (guessing there was 10 total in the 1st half). SC's only drive in the first half was because of 3 penalties (2 unnecessary roughness and a pass interference). They really didn't get much offensive yardage and stalled inside the 10yl.

SC had lots of silly penalties (motion, illegal shifts, too many men in the huddle, etc.). Gordonsville, I'm guessing, outgained SC in the first half, but penalties (one after a long gain that put them in the red zone), terrible punts, and turnovers killed them.

SC's depth is what won the game for them. Gordonsville's best athletes went both ways, took a pounding and just wore out late in the 3rd.

Regardless, SC has a very good team and if they mature a bit and reduce mistakes, they will be a contender this year. Go, Owls.

Hey CPA: Glad to hear that you made it to the Hole Friday night. It is always fun to spend a Friday night at the Hole. Lots of excitement. You are correct about the Owl offense. We only returned the tight end on the offensive line and returned no backs. We now have only one sr. on the line. We have one offensive back that is a sr. Also, our center was out and we had to move a tackle to center - move a guard to tackle and insert a transfer who had practiced only 4 days to guard. By the way, he did an outstanding job. We lost all starters in the backfield from last year. We are very young and will improve each game. You will see a couple freshmen getting more playing time and should be good players for the Owls in years to come. Be sure and come back soon.

Wow, you seen it exactly the way I did. Scary :shock:;) .

:excl:

Smith County will see that this isn't the same Livingston Academy team that they have faced the last couple of years. I think the Owls will be in for a rude awakening when we come to the hole this Friday. You don't have enough speed to keep up with this young LA team, and that was proven when this kids played in middle school just a few years ago. And from the sounds of it, that won't change for a while if that 54-0 score. LA - 21, SC - 7.

I hope you are right. Smith County, or maybe I should say Coach Maynord, has ALWAYS found a way to control our speed. No need to look any farther back than 03, 04, or 05 to prove that! But anyway...GO CATS!

Hey, are the dude that bought them 2 quart jars from me?? Been in them pretty deep ain't you?? :lol:

Yes sir...I'd' base everything off Middle School a few years ago.

When's the last time LA scored 21 points on SC??

Don't worry about when the last time was. Be worried about now. McCoin is a freshman and he is the next Wilson Cates except he can throw it better than Cates. You will see for yourself this Friday.

:popcorneater:

You gonna buy me a bag Friday night???

Don't worry about when the last time was. Be worried about now. McCoin is a freshman and he is the next Wilson Cates except he can throw it better than Cates. You will see for yourself this Friday.

Maybe you have been deep in the jar. McCoin is a Sophomore. lol But I like the way you think. ;)

Don't worry about the last time? What does the mean? Why would I worry about last time? I reckon I can translate that. YOU can't remember.:roflol:

If he is the next Cates, he's a fine ball player. BUT....as good as Cates was. State Championship and all, I don't believe he ever beat SC. I know, I know, I don't need to worry about that either do I?

LA is not coming into this one with a ton of confidence after the Stone Memorial contest. Smith County has won each of their first 2 games this season by 20 points (27-7 & 20-0). Keep in mind that Gordonsville did beat Westmoreland by a 34-0 count (Westmoreland then defeated East Literature 47-0 this past week). Also Cheatham County defeated East Robertson 48-6 this past week.

Smith County's defense completely shut down both of those football teams. I look for their impressive start to continue this week. Owls win 35-7!

Hey Howdy...what was the score of that Westmoreland game? http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/MediaList.cfm I think you trying to make'em look a little better than they really are. ... cuz they whooped your cubbies. :roflolk:

SC is not great this year, and if Livingston got beat by Stone....they probably not very good either.

Of course, you can disagree if you want...it'll all play out by years end.