36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Livingston Academy @ Smith County

• Livingston Academy
    • Smith County

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another week for the boys in blue. Smith County is good, as always. Livingston CAN play. IF the youth movement at LA can pull it together, they will be hard to beat. This has all the potential to be a good one. PLUS, you know after the baby-Maynords took a whipping at the hands of the Junior Wildcats (54-0), that the senior-Maynords are going to try to take it all out on LA. See ya Friday. K21

Guest Termite

This is another week for the boys in blue. Smith County is good, as always. Livingston CAN play. IF the youth movement at LA can pull it together, they will be hard to beat. This has all the potential to be a good one. PLUS, you know after the baby-Maynords took a whipping at the hands of the Junior Wildcats (54-0), that the senior-Maynords are going to try to take it all out on LA. See ya Friday. K21

Hey King, since you mentioned it, do the HS coaches coach the Jr.high?

LA is not coming into this one with a ton of confidence after the Stone Memorial contest. Smith County has won each of their first 2 games this season by 20 points (27-7 & 20-0). Keep in mind that Gordonsville did beat Westmoreland by a 34-0 count (Westmoreland then defeated East Literature 47-0 this past week). Also Cheatham County defeated East Robertson 48-6 this past week.

Smith County's defense completely shut down both of those football teams. I look for their impressive start to continue this week. Owls win 35-7!

And they acted like they had never won a game in their lives. Not to mention they called playaction on 4th down after already bein up close to 30 when they knew they could score on nearly every play. Then they jumped around in the middle of our field like they had won the Super Bowl. Yes. It put a bit of a bad taste in the high school kids' mouths. I hadn't seen a LA group act like that before.

LA is not coming into this one with a ton of confidence after the Stone Memorial contest. Smith County has won each of their first 2 games this season by 20 points (27-7 & 20-0). Keep in mind that Gordonsville did beat Westmoreland by a 34-0 count (Westmoreland then defeated East Literature 47-0 this past week). Also Cheatham County defeated East Robertson 48-6 this past week.

Smith County's defense completely shut down both of those football teams. I look for their impressive start to continue this week. Owls win 35-7!

Not sure about the ton of confidence comment. You are talking about a heavily underclassmen team that played decent, I said decent, football vs. a very experienced SM team (who returned 16 of 22 starters). LA led the entire game until Stone took the lead late in the game and LA a had a pick 6 int called back on a questionable call which would put them back in the lead and gave them the win.

Everyone knows that week 1 and 2 are the weeks for the most improvement and LA definately can improve on last Friday's game. They are going to get better. Good luck LA!

And they acted like they had never won a game in their lives. Not to mention they called playaction on 4th down after already bein up close to 30 when they knew they could score on nearly every play. Then they jumped around in the middle of our field like they had won the Super Bowl. Yes. It put a bit of a bad taste in the high school kids' mouths. I hadn't seen a LA group act like that before.

Proved my point.