New Texas High School Stadium to cost almost $60 Million

bellgo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this link about Allen High School building a new football stadium. I know Texas is serious about their high school football, but $60M is insane. From what I've heard, this is nothing new in Texas. What are everyone else's thoughts? :popcorneater:

Click Here

Nobody but Texas !! Wonders how much they spend for education em studs ! IMO Fed will pay for it.

At least the stadium will bring in income for the school or SCHOOLS that will use it. Lots of the stadiums in Texas are used by more than one team.

This will make more money than the 'murals' in the new $500+ million high school in Los Angeles named after Bobby Kennedy.

Texas pays its own bills, California is the one that is bankrupt and having to be supported by US taxpayer dollars!

At least the stadium will bring in income for the school or SCHOOLS that will use it. Lots of the stadiums in Texas are used by more than one team.

This will make more money than the 'murals' in the new $500+ million high school in Los Angeles named after Bobby Kennedy.

Texas pays its own bills, California is the one that is bankrupt and having to be supported by US taxpayer dollars!

What you said about more than one school in Texas using a stadium is very true. Often times you will have 5 or 6 schools using the same stadium. I have noticed that at times you will have a game on Thursday evening, Friday eveing, @ noon on Saturday and again at 7:30pm on Saturday. When all of those schools average around 10,000 fans +concessions the schools pay for the stadium and make a profit.

$60 million is a very steep price tag, but the previous posters are correct. One huge stadium like this will have anywhere from 3 to 6 teams as their home field. High School football is unbelievable here. I attended a 1A football game last night about 6 miles from my house where the graduating classes will be about 50 students from each school, but there were at least 2,000 people at the game.

I have seen many stadiums here that make most college DII stadiums look like crap and the fans fill it week in and week out. They are also used for other sports like boys and girls soccer which is also huge here and draws lots of paying fans. The stadiums not only pay for themselves but they make money for the districts which goes right back to the schools.

Then there are schools like Lake Travis HS which I think is ranked #3 in the country and hasn't lost a game since 2007. They are have the money to spend in their district and they spend it. Check out the link to their weight room.

http://boards.ign.com/fitness_and_nutrition_board/b6821/193270712/p1/?2

$60 million is a very steep price tag, but the previous posters are correct. One huge stadium like this will have anywhere from 3 to 6 teams as their home field. High School football is unbelievable here. I attended a 1A football game last night about 6 miles from my house where the graduating classes will be about 50 students from each school, but there were at least 2,000 people at the game.

I have seen many stadiums here that make most college DII stadiums look like crap and the fans fill it week in and week out. They are also used for other sports like boys and girls soccer which is also huge here and draws lots of paying fans. The stadiums not only pay for themselves but they make money for the districts which goes right back to the schools.

Then there are schools like Lake Travis HS which I think is ranked #3 in the country and hasn't lost a game since 2007. They are have the money to spend in their district and they spend it. Check out the link to their weight room.

http://boards.ign.com/fitness_and_nutrition_board/b6821/193270712/p1/?2

OMGsh, the weight room is off the chain!! It looks better than both Notre Dame and Nebraska.

Awesome support for High School sports..Tennessee ought to take notice

Tennessee has but there is the problems of most of the games seem to have to be played on Friday nights and the TSSAA and school boards having the 'not invented here' complex.

Rutherford County is a prime example. If we were like Texas we could just have one or two fields to share. That will NEVER happen! At one time when the Air Force base was at Smyrna and they were raking in ALL the federal school money. When asked to 'share' by the rest of the county, the county was told to shove it and Smyrna threatened to seperate from the county and form its own school board and zone. Between Federal school money and the revenue from tickets Smyrna had the nicest schools in the county in the late 60's. That is also why that I-24 made a loop around Smyrna in 1970. Smyrna's city limits then was 5 full miles from the Interstate and AAA had Smyrna in its top 10 speed traps in the US.

"OIL"

While I'm sure there may be some oil money in Allen, that is one of the newly wealthy districts in the DFW area and definitly not built from old oil money as was the juggernaut Odessa Permian (Friday Night Lights) and several Houston area schools. You can see from the link below that the city has exploded in the last decade with nearly double the population and about 75% increase in average household income since 2000.

Allen TX demographics

California also accounts for 75% of the U.S. agricultural output. They also seem to play a lot of football out there as well. Texas just talks about it at the University level. Tax dollars is tax dollars. Given the state of education as a whole in Texas, one has to wonder if they can spell football. I doubt the average student even knows who Sam Houston was.

Edited by rlh

California also accounts for 75% of the U.S. agricultural output. They also seem to play a lot of football out there as well. Texas just talks about it at the University level. Tax dollars is tax dollars. Given the state of education as a whole in Texas, one has to wonder if they can spell football. I doubt the average student even knows who Sam Houston was.

Yes, California accounts for a large part of the agriculture of the US. Trouble is it is done with at least 75% non legal foreign labor! While the Texans cannot spell to your satistaction, than can for the most part speak English. If you also check you will find over 80% of the schools for the US use the same textbooks that Texas chooses.

As to Sam Houston, Texas teaches history of the state just like we do here with Tennessee History so they DO get told who he was. Along with Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett, and a few others. I know for a fact that EVERY defender of the Alamo is taught.