Sale Creek

Indian

I know they'd be Class A, 1A-playoff but I figured someone from Soddy-Daisy might know so I put it in AAA..I noticed they had 8th and 7th grade football results in the paper today. The 8th grade was beaten badly by Hixson but the 7th grade only lost by seven. Are they working on building to a high school program?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Sale Creek starting a team water down any other programs? It would be great for their community.

Kinda like Silverdale and Grace/David Brainered were great for Ooltewah/Central and now East Hamilton............the problem with a school on every corner is these parents dont want there kids to be let down when they dont make the team so somebody opens a school sports program so LIL JOHNNY can play!!!

Kinda like Silverdale and Grace/David Brainered were great for Ooltewah/Central and now East Hamilton............the problem with a school on every corner is these parents dont want there kids to be let down when they dont make the team so somebody opens a school sports program so LIL JOHNNY can play!!!

Either they don't play or they co-op to Soddy-Daisy, I don't get your reasoning. Soddy at 1500 students or so shouldn't haveto depend on a few from SC, if any, so I doubt they're concerned about the Panthers possibly having a team.

I moved it to Class A, since some conversation was started (even though it was non-supportive :D )

Edited by Indian

Thats all we need............another way to water down some more programs!!!!

REDICULOUS STATEMENT!! Scotts Hill just played their first home game week O,and it's been a positive in every way possible.It's hard to believe,but building a program(and a field)has involved the whole community from buisnesses and churches down to "average joes",who don't even have children involved.Now for the REAL reason it's a positive,the KIDS!No football existed in the southern portion of Henderson Co.period,no jr.league,no elementary,no middle......,well you get the picture.We now have two programs,a combined team consisting of kids from three or four elemantary schools(hey,it's a start),and a high school team.How is it not a good thing to offer a community the opportunity to be involved with a school?How also is it not good to offer the kids a chance to play?Good luck Sale Creek,on starting a program,it's not easy but you'll find assistance in places you'd not think of,and it's WELL worth the effort! :thumb:

REDICULOUS STATEMENT!! Scotts Hill just played their first home game week O,and it's been a positive in every way possible.It's hard to believe,but building a program(and a field)has involved the whole community from buisnesses and churches down to "average joes",who don't even have children involved.Now for the REAL reason it's a positive,the KIDS!No football existed in the southern portion of Henderson Co.period,no jr.league,no elementary,no middle......,well you get the picture.We now have two programs,a combined team consisting of kids from three or four elemantary schools(hey,it's a start),and a high school team.How is it not a good thing to offer a community the opportunity to be involved with a school?How also is it not good to offer the kids a chance to play?Good luck Sale Creek,on starting a program,it's not easy but you'll find assistance in places you'd not think of,and it's WELL worth the effort! :thumb:

RIDICULOUS STATEMENT!!!!! You dont even know who or what were talking about......this is not a rural place starting up a program!! There s a school/program on every corner in Chattanooga/Hamilton Cty!!!!! Including pee-wee all the way up to high school.

RIDICULOUS STATEMENT!!!!! You dont even know who or what were talking about......this is not a rural place starting up a program!! There s a school/program on every corner in Chattanooga/Hamilton Cty!!!!! Including pee-wee all the way up to high school.

Sale Creek is not rural???

Why should students there have to go to Soddy-Daisy, or possibly cross the county line to Rhea County, to play football.

I need to say again I don't even know if they're adding a high school team but having middle school results tends to give that idea.

Obviously you don't know much about Sale Creek. If it's not considered a rural community I don't know what you would consider it. There isn't much in the Creek except a few businesses and a lot of vacant land. When driving up highway 27, if you blink you might miss it. It is growing and will continue to grow as Hamilton County expands Northward. Now is a perfect time to start a football team while there are several other fledgling programs starting in Hamilton County. Having a football program would help grow the school and give the community something to rally behind. The school is already there, so why should those kids have to leave their home community and go to Soddy or somewhere else to play football. My family has been part of the Sale Creek community for over 100 years and even though my child plays for Signal Mountain, I would love to see a program started in what I also consider my community. Much of my extended family still resides there. I say go Sale Creek. Just like at Signal Mountain, I believe that if you build it they will come. By that I mean the players, the fans and the community support. Are you afraid they might water down your favorite program?