It's Official:Dyersburg and Dyer Co Not to Play In Any Sports

mrbigster

Dyer County needs to only have players from Dyer County. Dyersburg needs to accept the fact that DC has surpast them in athletics. All the kids need to know if they act inappropriately they will suffer disciplinary actions, but don't cancel the series. Rivalries are good for sports. The gate money helps fund all sports, its just sad when ego's get in the way and they try to make it look like it is because of the kids. Teach the teams a lesson in accountability not a lesson in quiting. What are they teaching the kids...when things get tough you just quit. You can't quit in life you must face things head on or you will never achieve anything positive. I don't have a dog in this fight I just think it is not good to handle this situation like this. This is not meant to offend any one...just my opinion.

I agree with everything you said !

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer County needs to only have players from Dyer County. Dyersburg needs to accept the fact that DC has surpast them in athletics. All the kids need to know if they act inappropriately they will suffer disciplinary actions, but don't cancel the series. Rivalries are good for sports. The gate money helps fund all sports, its just sad when ego's get in the way and they try to make it look like it is because of the kids. Teach the teams a lesson in accountability not a lesson in quiting. What are they teaching the kids...when things get tough you just quit. You can't quit in life you must face things head on or you will never achieve anything positive. I don't have a dog in this fight I just think it is not good to handle this situation like this. This is not meant to offend any one...just my opinion.

You hit the nail on the head..surpass the real problems and not play..what a shame..both adminstrators need to get real ..no discipline at school or playing team sports (coaches) dont get it with me,plus city county officials egos do indeed undermine this situation. Sadly the kids lose out again in Dyer county

Edited by DHSFB64

Are people seriously ignorant enough to think that DC is not breaking the rules? All I can say, better warn the coaches to watch what they say, because everything they say and do is being scrutinized. Of course, they are not the only school that does it. All of the bigger schools go after the smaller school athletes offering more opportunities and exposure. It has been happening for years, but in the past it may have one athlete. Now these schools are just having open gym and open enrollment which allows any athlete with no high school athletic record to come play at their school. Or you can be like some athletes and lie about where you live. It has gotten to the point that some high school coaches will do anything to win. What happened to do what's right. Is it fair to the kids who live in the right place and follow the guidelines that they lose out to the kid who has no ties to their school system except for sports? Schools can't say it is for academic reasons, because all kids have opportunities through online classes. It would have to be for athletic purposes that kids transfer.

What the baphoons who were involved in the altercation do not realize is this...they have just cost both programs THOUSANDS of dollars!!! The unfortunate thing is this...it's not easy to establish rivalries! It's not common to have a stadium full of both home team and visiting team fans! It not the norm to have games between two very competative teams who each have the same odds of winning the game! Few rural communities have 2 schools that close together that have the same level of community involvement! All of these things, Dyer County and Dyersburg High have! BUT, it has just been ruined for years because of and handful of absolute IDIOTS who more than likely, never played a single down for either school!

Authorities and school officials from both schools should find EACH FOOL involved in the fight and fine them the total of the actual gate from week zero's game and multiply that by 10! Then divide that sum by 2 and give it to each school's general athletic fund! Over ten years, my guess is that $100,000 (conservatively)has just flown out the window...burned...thrown in the river!!

Recruiting accusations, hard feelings, & trash talk goes on everywhere! Dyer County and Dyersburg hasn't invented the wheel! However, most every other community in the nation finds a way to get along with its "no so loved neighbors" for the greater good of the student athletes who ACTUALLY WEAR THE COLORS!

If you feel your team isn't getting a fair shake..hold your local school officials, coaches, and athletic director accountable! Or better yet, just draw a line in the dirt, conduct a big redneck fist fight and settle it that way so that student athletes for years to come will not have the opportunity to play the inner county rivals..AND..show the rest of the State how "yall handle things in Dyer County"!

What the baphoons who were involved in the altercation do not realize is this...they have just cost both programs THOUSANDS of dollars!!! The unfortunate thing is this...it's not easy to establish rivalries! It's not common to have a stadium full of both home team and visiting team fans! It not the norm to have games between two very competative teams who each have the same odds of winning the game! Few rural communities have 2 schools that close together that have the same level of community involvement! All of these things, Dyer County and Dyersburg High have! BUT, it has just been ruined for years because of and handful of absolute IDIOTS who more than likely, never played a single down for either school!

If you feel your team isn't getting a fair shake..hold your local school officials, coaches, and athletic director accountable! Or better yet, just draw a line in the dirt, conduct a big redneck fist fight and settle it that way so that student athletes for years to come will not have the opportunity to play the inner county rivals..AND..show the rest of the State how "yall handle things in Dyer County"!

Couldnt agree with you more..County Administrators are to blame for this,also school officials coaches Must teach discipline ..letting kids continue to play no matter grades,respect for others ..Sad as Real Life after school Will deal them cards they Will Not how to cope.

I graduated from DHS. Growing up I had some very dear friends who went to Dyer County. We had some good natured joking with one another when the schools faced one another and never took things personally. I certainly would never disallow myself a friendship because of the color of a uniform or where someone received a diploma. I am so very disappointed that it has come to this in my home county. Unreal. It does not say much for the city of Dyersburg and Dyer County when you can't even have a pair of high school teams play one another.

I graduated from DHS. Growing up I had some very dear friends who went to Dyer County. We had some good natured joking with one another when the schools faced one another and never took things personally. I certainly would never disallow myself a friendship because of the color of a uniform or where someone received a diploma. I am so very disappointed that it has come to this in my home county. Unreal. It does not say much for the city of Dyersburg and Dyer County when you can't even have a pair of high school teams play one another.

I too graduated from DHS..The Powers that be decided this== Big ole Boys Politics!! ..granted the kids want to play one another ,also as you stated many of the players regardless of school choice are are / will friends . Sad

A "good" rival game is the BEST thing in h.s.sports,it creates community involvement,the payout is always the biggest of the season,it pushes both programs to get better,it teaches kids to respect opponents while inspiring a greater will to win,and it teaches them to seperate the feelings on the field from those off the field.Thanks to the culture of hate created by some of the "GROWNUPS" in both communities,all this has been taken from everyone else involved.I do believe that as far out of control as this situation has gotten,a cooling off period will help,but to discontinue playing forever is ludicris.What positive message does this send? As close as these schools are to one another,it's impossible that there are not close relatives and friends on opposing sides,should they start a feud? The classicly ironic thing about this whole situation is that the HEAD COACHES involved are from the same "small" town,were teammates,one worked for the other,and are STILL BEST OF FRIENDS.Need an example for"keeping it on the field",you don't have far to look!

Edited by tradertwo