District 9AA AND 10AA

papadoc

Yeah we know CPA has talent, just don't like the way they got it. Good to know in these tough economic times all those transfer families can afford that private school tuition at a DI privatte school where athetes aren't eligible for even need based financial aid like the DII schools.

Well, you really ain't gonna like this, then...(as posted over on the 'D. Maddux vs. R. Bowers...' thread)

Supposedly Maddux just got the Admissions director job at CPA. Anxious to see if that is true and if so how many more recruits are going to be let in now that the basketball coach is in charge of admissions. :popcorneater:

:popcorneater: indeedy!

PS - CB had 31 last night...against mediocre (i.e., probably legitimately 'zoned' to that school) comp... It was 67-35 before D'dux called off the 'dogs.'

• 2 weeks later...

Lipscomb really looks like they are gonna be at the bottom of the district dont they? For all those doubters out there- I guess the system does work after all. I could be crazy but I might know a little about this topic.

Lipscomb is 2-0 in district play beating Whites Creek and Stratford. They play a good Maplewood team Tuesday night. East Literature beat Maplewood in impressive fashion last week 76 - 61 and plays CPA on Friday. These two games will give us an early indication on how things are shaping up in 10-AA.

Lipscomb really looks like they are gonna be at the bottom of the district dont they? For all those doubters out there- I guess the system does work after all. I could be crazy but I might know a little about this topic.

I am with you. Guess we meet back at the end of the season to see who the real predictors are!

Lipscomb is 2-0 in district play beating Whites Creek and Stratford. They play a good Maplewood team Tuesday night. East Literature beat Maplewood in impressive fashion last week 76 - 61 and plays CPA on Friday. These two games will give us an early indication on how things are shaping up in 10-AA.

CPA is good, but just sooo young. East Lit is 'cream of the crop,' in both districts. You still have to play the games, but I don't see anybody touchin' 'em. They've got it ALL: hustle 'D,' game IQ, guards, guards, guards! and a svelt inside game. Ballers!

CPA is good, but just sooo young. East Lit is 'cream of the crop,' in both districts. You still have to play the games, but I don't see anybody touchin' 'em. They've got it ALL: hustle 'D,' game IQ, guards, guards, guards! and a svelt inside game. Ballers!

Would have to agree. East Lit is now the favorite in 10AA and probably in region 5AA as well. East Lit is a senior led team and will be tough to beat. CPA is starting 2 freshmen, and a sophomore. The sixth man is a freshman as well. They are making a lot of "freshmen" mistakes as expected, but the talent and potential is strong. Will be interesting to see how much they can improve before the end of the season.

Suprising game of the week was East Lit vs. MLK last night. East Lit won by 1 point in overtime. East Lit has to have more talent than MLK, but is Doc Shelton a great coach or what?

REAL GOOD COACHRUS. DAVID LIPSCOMB BEAT WHITES CREEK WHO DOES NOT HAVE THEIR LEADER AND BEST PLAYER AND STRATFORD ARE YOU KIDDIN ME THEY PUT UP A FIGHT FOR THE WORST TEAM IN THE WHOLE FREAKIN COUNTRY. WE WILL SEE WHAT THEY GOT WHEN THEY PLAY MAPLEWOOD OR EAST LIT.

I not sure what your point is in the above post.

Based on returning most of their players from last year, I still think East Lit may be the team to beat until proven otherwise.

This post from September appears to be playing out. East Lit is now the team to beat. CPA and Maplewood are currently battling for the number 2 spot followed by Lipsomb and MLK. However, there is still a lot of basketball left to play.