Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

Wow. You really took a shot at me, didn't you? Too bad it missed the mark.

The point is that if there were really something there is it not reasonable to believe that it would be noticed by game officials? Is Powell at the level that officials would ignore those types of blatant penalties?

It's pretty silly, really. Try bringing something with some reasonable and rational thought behind it.

And Bladerunner, what does Maryville have to do with this issue? No, I didn't see the Maryville/WB tape. There was no reason for me to. Again, it's just plain silly to even bring Maryville in to this discusson.

I actually didn't think that catback was taking a shot at you with that statement, but maybe I misinterpreted what he said.

For the record, HTV, I think that anyone who is familiar with any Powell/District 3-AAA thread knows that you have a great reputation on here.

Wow. You really took a shot at me, didn't you? Too bad it missed the mark.

The point is that if there were really something there is it not reasonable to believe that it would be noticed by game officials? Is Powell at the level that officials would ignore those types of blatant penalties?

It's pretty silly, really. Try bringing something with some reasonable and rational thought behind it.

And Bladerunner, what does Maryville have to do with this issue? No, I didn't see the Maryville/WB tape. There was no reason for me to. Again, it's just plain silly to even bring Maryville in to this discusson.

I'm pretty sure you took my post the wrong way, I know from your previous post on the T, that you bring a fair and logical view to the table. And if you say that you think it was an unfair evaluation of the player from Powell, I'm saying that I believe you!

Edited by catback

JadedDave,

It was Riverdale over your LaVergne team 34-0.

On another note, it's great having Spencer on board, my only questions is why doesn't Coach Mitchell coach the linebackers? That's where he starred in college.

Thanks for the update. Actually, I wasn't keeping track but it is insightful info. I do know LeVergne is ahead of last year LeVergne's team. I don't know if I consider that an improvement, what about you? I've noticed OR is on par with last year's record playing a bunch of 4A, 5A and/or 6A teams. My bad, they got beat by the only 6A school they played to date.

Catback and Bladerunner - who plays in the harder region? (LeVergne, Smyrna(sp), Blackman, Riverdale, Murfreesboro Oakland) or (Oak Ridge, Halls, Karns, Campbell County, Clinton, Central)? You get the point.

I guess Maryville (4A) playing down to win multiple state championships is not as easy as it seems, huh? That's one of the arguements Oak Ridge fans seems to to bring up. We're (Oak Ridge) playing lower level competition now. If we can't win a state championship, we should at least go underfeated in the regular season.

Thanks for the update. Actually, I wasn't keeping track but it is insightful info. I do know LeVergne is ahead of last year LeVergne's team. I don't know if I consider that an improvement, what about you? I've noticed OR is on par with last year's record playing a bunch of 4A, 5A and/or 6A teams. My bad, they got beat by the only 6A school they played to date.

Catback and Bladerunner - who plays in the harder region? (LeVergne, Smyrna(sp), Blackman, Riverdale, Murfreesboro Oakland) or (Oak Ridge, Halls, Karns, Campbell County, Clinton, Central)? You get the point.

I guess Maryville (4A) playing down to win multiple state championships is not as easy as it seems, huh? That's one of the arguements Oak Ridge fans seems to to bring up. We're (Oak Ridge) playing lower level competition now. If we can't win a state championship, we should at least go underfeated in the regular season.

No actually you were keeping up with it. Let's not play that game.. He plays all of the tough compt. Let me tell you what comes next from you.. Excuses

Against my better judgement I will respond with these facts:

LaVergne 2010 record:1-2 Points scored: 35 Points allowed: 97

If this is improvement, I guess we should have kept him!! LOL :roflol:

The fact is that we need to focus on how we can get our program to even remotely approach what it once was. I can't understand how this focus on SS gets us there. I can't understand how the obsession that some of you have with bashing SS, helps OR. Someone please explain. I don't care what Lavergne does. I don't care who they play, and I don't care if they win or lose...UNLESS...it somehow helps OR.

The fact is that we need to focus on how we can get our program to even remotely approach what it once was. I can't understand how this focus on SS gets us there. I can't understand how the obsession that some of you have with bashing SS, helps OR. Someone please explain. I don't care what Lavergne does. I don't care who they play, and I don't care if they win or lose...UNLESS...it somehow helps OR.

How about promoting him? how does tht help??? and guess who brought SS up? You

Edited by bladerunner

Does anybody know when we will get back Sam Bingham? I thought getting Cody Roach back helped our defense Friday night. We will need all of our guys back to beat this Powell team. They are very good. They have a two platoon system going with debth. Plus they have two excellent running backs. They are very balanced because they are throwing the ball very well in addition to the ground attack. It's going to be a tough home opener. We will have to really play lights out to win this game.

How about promoting him? how does tht help??? and guess who brought SS up? You

You brought up the Lavergne score on post #27, assuming you are Bladerunner. No one was talking about Lavergne or SS. What's the point in bringing it up? How does it help us to beat Powell? How does your constant bashing of SS serve any useful purpose to our program? If you can make a case that the bashing of SS and making fun of Lavergne helps the OR cause, then I will bash both. Like I said...and I REPEAT...I don't care about Lavergne or SS...I don't care who Lavergne plays...I don't care if Lavergne wins or loses...why do you (and if you don't, then why did YOU bring it up)?

You brought up the Lavergne score on post #27, assuming you are Bladerunner. No one was talking about Lavergne or SS. What's the point in bringing it up? How does it help us to beat Powell? How does your constant bashing of SS serve any useful purpose to our program? If you can make a case that the bashing of SS and making fun of Lavergne helps the OR cause, then I will bash both. Like I said...and I REPEAT...I don't care about Lavergne or SS...I don't care who Lavergne plays...I don't care if Lavergne wins or loses...why do you (and if you don't, then why did YOU bring it up)?

No you brought him up way back in an ealier post comparing him to Blade. Saying that he is abt the same..I said I sd the diff is in the player delvp. and the other stuff.

That's what startred it. Then Jed came on and went on about how gd SS is -bragging about his record.. I asked for the score of last weeks game.. Catback gave it to me... .. How is that Bashing? BTW: Jed played college football did we mention that?

No you brought him up way back in an ealier post comparing him to Blade. Saying that he is abt the same..I said I sd the diff is in the player delvp. and the other stuff.

That's what startred it. Then Jed came on and went on about how gd SS is -bragging about his record.. I asked for the score of last weeks game.. Catback gave it to me... .. How is that Bashing? BTW: Jed played college football did we mention that?

I guess since they apparently lost, I assumed that you knew the score. I HONESTLY don't care about them or him, and I find it odd that you do. I just don't think quite as much as our current head coach as you do, but I hope you are right about him. I know nothing of JeDave.