Oneida @ Cumberland Gap

crow

Not disputing the hard work by any coaches Smash. Ours at CG work themselves to death too. I was just sayin that who cares if they are 15 or 12 in the 8th grade or 19 or 15 when they graduate high school. It's legal. It's smart. And it helps the boys out. I'm agreeing with you 100%, especially on the maturity thing. It makes a huge difference.

Sorry, I was just running off there...stuff like that gets under my skin. I saw what you were saying there and I agree.

I just hear folks accuse Alcoa and Maryville of using performance drugs or Trousdale Co of having an underground training bunker!....It's ridiculous! It's all about who wants to sweat blood all year round to play football for 8-10 weeks in the Fall....hopefully more!

Man, I wish they had held me back when I was younger. I was born last century and I'm still not mature!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to check that out a little more. (18) I don't know how they are 15 in the 8th grade(large # of them anyway) and then 18 in the 12th. Doesn't add up. It is well known up there and now others are finding out about Kinderstart. Don't get me wrong I wish we would do it. Have they stopped Kinderstart? If they don't have it anymore they used to have the program.

"I've been following Oneida football closely for many years & can't recall a single senior that graduated older than 18." I could name 3 right now from last year. Two are in harriman at roane state and was talking about it just the other day.

Slight revision to my original post, I can't recall a single senior that PLAYED older than 18. If they turned 19 after season but before graduation I'm not aware of it but it could have happened. Even if it did happen there is no rule violation here. If you want your child to start at 6 instead of 5 then you have that right. On the other side of the same coin numerous players play their senior year at 17 because they started school at 4 instead of 5. It's all about birth month, starting school 1 month before turning 5 or 1 month after turning 6 doesn't really matter. It is the parents choice when their child starts school within the parameters the state has set. I highly doubt this decision is made on the basis of an athletic advantage. If starting at 6 gives a team an advantage then it is probably balanced out by the kids that started at 4 :rolleyes:

As for the 3 from last season that supposedly played at 19,I'm gonna call you out on that, PM me some names.

Edited by crow

You guys are getting me all wrong, I never said anything about it being wrong or breaking rules. I am just pointing out a fact not conspiracy that a large number in the past in the 8th grade have been 15 in the fall during football when harriman(and others) played them in the past. I am sure they just turned 15 after Aug., but still 15. They might be getting away from pushing kinderstart, but it has been a effect tool. I wish that I would have done it myself, but for sports only would be my reason. It makes a big difference, that' all.

The biggest difference in any football team is the level of commitment in the kids on that team.....whether they are 2 or 10 or 18.....IMO. One of the best backs to ever come through this school graduated at the ripe old age of 18, but he was 17 through the football season. (birthdate Jan. 18th) I don't care to divulge his name, but if you people just spit out about the 5 top Oneida RB's of all time he will be on your list. Would he have been better with another season? Hard to tell since the year after he graduated we stunk that whole season up. Could he have been as successful on an inferior team? I'll say this...he would have helped...but I'm not sure he would have turned any L's into W's! It's all about the ingredients... not how much it has aged!

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

Sorry, I was just running off there...stuff like that gets under my skin. I saw what you were saying there and I agree.

I just hear folks accuse Alcoa and Maryville of using performance drugs or Trousdale Co of having an underground training bunker!....It's ridiculous! It's all about who wants to sweat blood all year round to play football for 8-10 weeks in the Fall....hopefully more!

Man, I wish they had held me back when I was younger. I was born last century and I'm still not mature!

That's true! We practice all year long...4 hours every afternoon and all day on Saturdays, except in the fall of course. :rolleyes: Our secret...you have to read the bible and eat your vitamins to play for us.....or is it hard work? :unsure:

As for the age thing...next year when the LLWS rolls around, check out all of those kids ages. Most will be 13, playing as 12 year olds. That extra year makes a huge difference.

Good luck Indians. We'll be pulling for you to get that first one behind you. :thumb:

Edited by SEVEN

I am just pointing out a fact not conspiracy that a large number in the past in the 8th grade have been 15 in the fall during football when harriman(and others) played them in the past.

You are wrong, most of the kids play at 13-14yrs old as 8th graders and turn 15 after season. The occasional player has been 15 in season but it is not often.

You guys are getting me all wrong, I never said anything about it being wrong or breaking rules. I am just pointing out a fact not conspiracy that a large number in the past in the 8th grade have been 15 in the fall during football when harriman(and others) played them in the past. I am sure they just turned 15 after Aug., but still 15. They might be getting away from pushing kinderstart, but it has been a effect tool. I wish that I would have done it myself, but for sports only would be my reason. It makes a big difference, that' all.

They're not 15...thats the point. They turn 15 in May. You can make all the excuses you want. There is not substitute for hard work. It's very disrepectful to simply say, "Ya, Oneida is good cause they play 15 yr olds"

Our Middle School lifted weights on Labor Day....did yours?

Edited by SmashMouth

That's true! We practice all year long...4 hours every afternoon and all day on Saturdays, except in the fall of course. :rolleyes: Our secret...you have to read the bible and eat your vitamins to play for us.....or is it hard work? :unsure:

As for the age thing...next year when the LLWS rolls around, check out all of those kids ages. Most will be 13, playing as 12 year olds. That extra year makes a huge difference.

Good luck Indians. We'll be pulling for you to get that first one behind you. :thumb:

I would put the bible before hardwork...viatimns are ok...I would go with Amino Acids instead! :rolleyes:

Yada, Yada, Yada......blah, blah, blah......! Aren't any of you interested in us getting in the win column tonight. Crap, with all them college kids on our team, should I remind everyone we are still 0 - 3! Heaven forbid if we come up with enough dough to get Saban up here! Oh will the wolves howl over that one! As for me, I'll just stick with Brew and the bunch of toddlers he is riding in with....and the coaching staff! Fine bunch of people that have the patience of Job right now. Folks it's always gonna be something...ain't it? TC's Bunker, SP's Underground RR, Oneida's Sector Six, and on we go! :rolleyes: Goodness me, it's a wonder these kids manage to keep things in perspective.

As for CG, I hope we get over the hump. We have cost ourselves two games with the turnovers. That has got to stop, because you can't give anyone free passes and expect to get away with it. Our toughness has always been a trait that we wear with intense pride....even when we are a little green under the gills. Man up! Or as our enemies like to accuse us.....Get'em Oldies Oneida corrects the mistakes tonight?

OHS - 28

CG - 7

:thumb: Kazanamoloto :thumb: