Big Games in Memphis

kwc

Arington 35 Collierville 34

Crazy game, the Dragons had big play after big play to 14-0 1st qtr start. Arlington was playing catch up from that point on. Tough game and I feel both teams could have won but luckily we came out on top. Man do these two schools play close games...went right down to the wire. Good luck Dragons, not that you need it. You have a great team.

Just watched East vs. Southwind game. East took the W 22-6, but I have a few points to make. The game was tied 6-6 the whole game until the 4th quarter where Southwind's mistakes did them in.

1. Brian Kimbrow is a solid player and ATH, but I still believe Javon Robinson at Wooddale is the better tailback. Kimbrow has amazing speed and leaping ability.

2. East's main problem last year; lack of depth is still clear this year. Their RB, QB, and Wr both doubled on defense as did some of their Oline and their fatigue showed in the 4th quarter.

3. Even with a guady record of 3-1, Without Jaszy Parker I'm still not convinced in East. They have two long and tall QBs in Nick King and Earving Morris, but neither are playmakers like Parker was, but they're still good prospects.

4. Even with the problems listed above East is still probably a top 3 team in District 16-AAA. Behind Mitchell and Whitehaven.

As for Southwind

1. Their defense has some TALENT. Deadrick Jones, Sean Calhoun, Steven Johnson, and Carlos Hammond, and Cedric Miller are all D1 calibur players and they have more some more capable backups. For the most part they kept Kimbrow contained.

2. Their special teams is astrocious outside of their return team! So far they've given up a total of 16 points(2 TDs and Safety) in 4 games.

3. Their offense is young and talented, but they’re still inexperienced and their QB had 3 turnovers today. They have some work to do.

4. District 15 is still weak and the only clear cut team right now is RIDGEWAY. State favorites maybe? But Wooddale has looked unimpressive, and Germantown has fallen off. Overton is on the rise somewhat, and Kirby looks bad. Houston looks good, but I can’t get over the loss to Trezevant, and the choke job against Ridgeway. I don’t believe they have the athletes to compete. Collierville looks decent, but they also lost to Arlington and barely defeated Central. That’s just my take.

orangemoundwest - If you can try and keep us posted on the condition or when you hear anything on Timothy and Courtney. Thanks . Prayers are with you guys family's coaches and the school and the players.

Timothy Baldwin has been diagnosed with a fractured ankle and Courtney Drain is reported as suffering a pinched nerve in his neck.

Wow. That's a very BOLD statement about Melrose, Visionaire!!

I believe the opposite, obviously:

1) I'm convinced that Melrose is destined for a 3 or 4-win season!!

2) I'll be SHOCKED to see Melrose merely make the playoff, let alone make a deep playoff run.

3) If Melrose's record tanks to 0-wins and 4 losses or, Heaven forbid, 0 and 5... watch out! Melrose will be hard pressed to pick itself up off the (psychological) mat, and LUCKY to win just 3 football games!!!

Despite our polar opposite projections for Melrose, this much is clear:

1) Melrose has a whole lot of improving to do ...

2) These next 3 games are absolutely pivotal...

3) Until Melrose develops a kicker, they will consistently come out on the short end of the stick during close ballgames.

Just keep your eye on the progress I forsee. Call it a "vision" if you will. Wooddale fell tonight. I know a little something about this game.

Arlington 35, Collierville 34

Brentwood Academy 46, Olive Branch 14

Briarcrest 32, Sheffield 0

Brighton 47, Covington 6

Central 38, Bolton 14

Christian Brothers 21, White Station 14

Cordova 21, DeSoto Central 0

East 22, Southwind 6

First Assembly 28, MAHS 14

Germantown 50, Hamilton 19

Harding 38, TRA 6

Haywood County 23, Washington 6

Hillcrest 38, Northside 6

Houston 28, Bartlett 7

Manassas 27, Bolivar Central 14

Marion 42, Forrest City 30

MUS 41, Overton 21

Millington 49, Munford 7

Mitchell 40, Fairley 18

Oakhaven 40, Frayser 14

Ridgeway 7, Whitehaven 0

RCA 50, Mt. Juliet Christian 0

St. Benedict 48, Bishop Byrne 0

St. George's 27, ECS 26

Southaven 35, Hernando 7

SBEC 17, Fayette Aca. 6

Trezevant 22, Lake Cormorant 6

West Memphis 53, Blytheville 6

Westwood 28, Byhalia 22

Well I'm gonna be the first one to say that I am not impressed by Ridgeway.... Only people that would be impressed by that team is a person who doesn't kno how good of a coach Sutton is!!! I expected that team to go from 4-6 or 5-5 to a 9-1 or 8-2 team... As a senior I played against Kinsbury and we put up 34 in the first half and he turned that program around the year after.... Good win 2nite Ridgeway and sorry Blackhavensenator whenever you playing against a former U of M player just like I am I have to root for whatever team he is coaching for!!!! But good luck to both teams on the rest of their seasons.... No doubt that these two teams are very good and should have good seasons....