13AA

redbirdfan

Westview won last night on the road in Covington 47-46 after a 3 point shot at the buzzer by Breanna Pitcher. Teddy Vincent had a strong game and led Westview with 18 points while Pitcher had 15. Westview seems to be picking their game back up at the right time. Should be an eventful district tournament. With Gibson beating Dyersburg, the district bracket is still undecided. This Friday, Gibson is home against Crockett, Westview is at Milan and Dyersburg is home against Obion. Good luck to all.

Very interesting district tournament and region tournament coming up. If im correct GC is now at least a 3 seed and possible 2 seed after their win vs. Dyersburg and awaiting the outcome of dburg-obion co friday and if gc beats crockett. Either way great win for the lady pioneers as they continue to show improvement! Keep it up ladies and keep it rolling in the tourneys!!!!!!!

I think this is correct but someone chime in if i'm wrong. It's about to get interesting.

1) Obion Co. 27-3 15-0 vs D-Burg

2) D-Burg 23-5 11-4 vs Obion

3) Gibson Co. 17-8 10-5 vs Crockett

4) Westview 18-9 10-5 vs Milan

5) Covington 14-11 9-7 Done

6) Haywood 10-11 4-9 vs Ripley

7) Ripley 8-16 3-11 vs Haywood

8) Milan 4-17 3-11 vs Westview

9) Crockett 2-18 0-13 vs Gibson

Scenarios:

Gibson and Westview should win out.

If Obion beats D-Burg then you have a 3-way tie for second.

How does a three way tie in the district work now? better overall record?

If D-Burg beats Obion, D-Burg second, Westview and Gibson tied for third and have split the regular season meetings

So would assume coin toss, right?

Edited by westwing

I think this is correct but someone chime in if i'm wrong. It's about to get interesting.

1) Obion Co. 27-3 15-0 vs D-Burg

2) D-Burg 23-5 11-4 vs Obion

3) Gibson Co. 17-8 10-5 vs Crockett

4) Westview 18-9 10-5 vs Milan

5) Covington 14-11 9-7 Done

6) Haywood 10-11 4-9 vs Ripley

7) Ripley 8-16 3-11 vs Haywood

8) Milan 4-17 3-11 vs Westview

9) Crockett 2-18 0-13 vs Gibson

Scenarios:

Gibson and Westview should win out.

If Obion beats D-Burg then you have a 3-way tie for second.

How does a three way tie in the district work now? better overall record?

If D-Burg beats Obion, D-Burg second, Westview and Gibson tied for third and have split the regular season meetings

So would assume coin toss, right?

I believe it is their record against the higher seeded teams. So both Westview and Gibson lost twice to Obion, but Gibson beat Dyersburg twice and Westview split. Therefore Gibson #3 and Westview # 4 if Dyersburg wins. Other wise if Dyersburg loses, then Gibson #2, Westview #3 and Dyersburg drops to #4.

I believe it is their record against the higher seeded teams. So both Westview and Gibson lost twice to Obion, but Gibson beat Dyersburg twice and Westview split. Therefore Gibson #3 and Westview # 4 if Dyersburg wins. Other wise if Dyersburg loses, then Gibson #2, Westview #3 and Dyersburg drops to #4.

That is correct.

Yes, congrats to Coach Hart and the Lady Pioneers for finishing 2nd in the district when most people had counted them out! He has done a great job with getting this team together and making them a contender in a year that was supposed to be very uneventful in gc land! Great job to the ladies also for putting in the time and the hard work that has brought them a long way this season!! Keep it up cause the new season starts tuesday!! Good luck and get gc back to the boro!! Great district tournament about to start with very tough teams from top to bottom!!