Anderson Co vs Powell

Space3

This is going to be a great exciting game!! Both teams look like powerhouses to start the 2010 season! Its going to be a very good matchup with ac air raid attack and powells running game! Key for powell will be to get a good rush on williams for AC.. u cant let that kid stay comfortable it the pocket because he has proved he can eat u alive on defense. If powell can do that they will be succesful bc they have a great running game and wil be be able to run the ball and chew up some clock on offensie and im looking for a very good game between both teams! Goodluck to both schools

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty bad that I'm a Halls fan and have to post on a Powell/AC thread, we are terrible and may not win a game. I believe like last year this game will depend on which defense can make the most stops. Going to be a high scoring game. Powell's dbs are a year older and I think that is a big key. I think Powell wins 42-35. I think Powell's dbs are improved enough to atleast slow them down a little. With Powell's offense, I think that will be enough.

AC's passing game will present problems for Powell just like it does for most teams. I agree that the answer to the Mavs attack is QB pressure. The Panthers D ends are guys with non stop motors and they will present a big problem for AC. The counter to that is to roll the QB or keep backs in to block. The later option reduces the number of receivers available making the passing game less effective, and I haven't seen how effective the Mavs QB is throwing on the run, does he pose any running threat? Another option for AC would be screens or draws.

On the other hand, the Panther running game is strong and versatile. The QB & #2 are big and tough, #17 is small, quick & very fast. The O line is much improved over last year. The passing game is limited compared to AC's, but still effective enough to be productive in certain situations.

This is a game of contrasting styles, and no one on either teams schedule has been able to successfully slow down the offenses. The game is being played at Powell and that may give them a slight edge on comfort of surroundings. Ball control, penalties and turnovers will all be elevated in importance in a game like this. Neither team has a recent history of success to the level of giving either one of them a mental advantage. Ultimately, I believe Powells D is better overall than AC's and that is why the Panthers will prevail. I really have no feel for what the scoring will be, but this surely will be the prime time game of the week.

Im going to be pulling for AC, but i think Powell is just too strong this year.

These two teams will probably meet in the playoffs again as well.

Going to be pulling for AC, 92D, of course! Don't agree with Powell being just too strong, though. Don't get me wrong. I think Powell's running game will be hard to stop for AC...IF THEY CAN stop it. AC's offense will more than likely score their fifty plus points average per game but, I think the little scat back for Powell might just be a pain in the old pigskin for AC, just like FootballDad suggested. That being said, I think AC's offense will more than compensate for what their defense lacks this early on in the season. I also agree with you, in that I think AC will see the Panthers again before the season ends for EITHER team, NO MATTER the outcome of Friday night's game.

Edited by oppressed238

Going to be pulling for AC, 92D, of course! Don't agree with Powell being just too strong, though. Don't get me wrong. I think Powell's running game will be hard to stop for AC...IF THEY CAN stop it. AC's offense will more than likely score their fifty plus points average per game but, I think the little scat back for Powell might just be a pain in the old pigskin for AC, just like FootballDad suggested. That being said, I think AC's offense will more than compensate for what their defense lacks this early on in the season. I also agree with you, in that I think AC will see the Panthers again before the season ends for EITHER team, NO MATTER the outcome of Friday night's game.

right on! I would have rather lost to AC in the regular season and beat you guys in the playoffs. The playoffs is when the real season begins! That is, if a team is lucky enough to make it there.

Edited by 92Dragon

While I haven't followed these programs closely in the past, I have seen both this year, and I can certainly understand the interest in this matchup because of the teams' contrasting styles and, obviously, the importance where seedings are concerned come playoff time. In choosing between a team with a very strong ground game vs. a team with a very strong aerial attack, I'll almost always take the team that runs the ball better, especially at the high school level. If, in addition, the better running team is generally bigger and more athletic, it's an even easier pick. Of course, turnovers and big plays/blunders on special teams could potentially negate those perceived advantages, but based on what I've seen it's hard to imagine Powell losing this one. Here's hoping for a well-played, entertaining, injury-free game.

While I haven't followed these programs closely in the past, I have seen both this year, and I can certainly understand the interest in this matchup because of the teams' contrasting styles and, obviously, the importance where seedings are concerned come playoff time. In choosing between a team with a very strong ground game vs. a team with a very strong aerial attack, I'll almost always take the team that runs the ball better, especially at the high school level. If, in addition, the better running team is generally bigger and more athletic, it's an even easier pick. Of course, turnovers and big plays/blunders on special teams could potentially negate those perceived advantages, but based on what I've seen it's hard to imagine Powell losing this one. Here's hoping for a well-played, entertaining, injury-free game.

I just hope Powell also has your limited imagination! ;)