Rhea County at Bradley

rheacountyeaglefan

Seems Rhea needs to work alot more on Defense than they do Offense. Bradley is not Bearden but I believe the results will be a shadow of the past, lots of running from the bears and they ground the Eagles.

Seems like if Rhea's defense could hold that supposed 'All-World' RB D. Young to only two TDs in a complete game where no team had held him to under 5 in a game that the defense did alright. They held Bearden really well in the first half last week; too bad the second half wasn't so great.

IMO, Rhea needs to open up that dusty ole playbook that is locked up somewhere in the fieldhouse. I know the coaches can be creative; I've seen them run various trick plays in practice before. They just don't seem to want to try them in a game situation. We have a nasty tendency to find something that works and run it to death. Take for instance the bubble... you can run it a couple times. Then the CB might cheat when he sees the Y start to his route. The Z can run his slant and is 1-on-1 with the FS. Or after they've tried that, run the wheel route. Just an observation :thumb:

Seems like if Rhea's defense could hold that supposed 'All-World' RB D. Young to only two TDs in a complete game where no team had held him to under 5 in a game that the defense did alright. They held Bearden really well in the first half last week; too bad the second half wasn't so great.

IMO, Rhea needs to open up that dusty ole playbook that is locked up somewhere in the fieldhouse. I know the coaches can be creative; I've seen them run various trick plays in practice before. They just don't seem to want to try them in a game situation. We have a nasty tendency to find something that works and run it to death. Take for instance the bubble... you can run it a couple times. Then the CB might cheat when he sees the Y start to his route. The Z can run his slant and is 1-on-1 with the FS. Or after they've tried that, run the wheel route. Just an observation :thumb:

Do what works

I agree, we should get the win this week. Playing in the big bowl should be a good environment, but I think the Green and Gold can pull it out.

Bradley has got several good skill players this year. They are better than last year obviously. It's gonna take a total team effort and a group of young men that are willing to lay it all on the line this Friday and play with every ounce of heart they have in them to bring home a big W for the Eagles. I look for the offense to put it in the air 25-35 times or maybe even more. Dez will still get his carries also im sure. I believe it is possible to spoil the Bears homecoming if we can protect Cam and give him enough time to operate and do his things. Lets keep it all positive this week Eagles and keep ur heads held high this week and get this. This is the biggest game of the year so far if you ask me.

Prediction: Rhea County 30 Bradley 26