Alcoa @ Scott County

BCsportsfan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Blount? Where did you go to school? Not Alcoa I assume.

Well as a matter of fact I did not go to Alcoa. Did you know why Scott County was named Scott County before it was posted on here? I know I didn't. Before you ask NO I DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL THERE EITHER. If you didn't know where did you go to school? Not Scott County I assume.

That being said, since you think the world should know, do your duty & enlighten the poor ignorant souls that don't know who Blount is.

Edited by downanddistance

Well as a matter of fact I did not go to Alcoa. Did you know why Scott County was named Scott County before it was posted on here? I know I didn't. Before you ask NO I DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL THERE EITHER. If you didn't know where did you go to school? Not Scott County I assume.

That being said, since you think the world should know, do your duty & enlighten the poor ignorant souls that don't know who Blount is.

According to Wikipedia:

What is today Blount County was for many thousands of years Indian territory, passed down to the Cherokee tribe that claimed the land upon the arrival of white settlers in the late 18th century. Shortly thereafter, On July 11, 1795, Blount County became the tenth county established in Tennessee, when the Territorial Legislature voted to split adjacent Knox and Jefferson counties. The new county was named for the governor of the state of Tennessee, William Blount, and its county seat, Maryville, was named for his wife Mary Grainger Blount. This establishment, however, did little to settle the differences between white immigrants and Cherokee natives, which was, for the most part, not accomplished until an 1819 treaty.

Throughout its history the boundaries of Blount County have been altered numerous times, most notably in 1870 when a large swath of western Blount was split into Loudon and portions of other counties. Also, the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 1936, while not affecting the territory of Blount County, has significantly impacted the use of southeastern Blount County.

According to Wikipedia:

What is today Blount County was for many thousands of years Indian territory, passed down to the Cherokee tribe that claimed the land upon the arrival of white settlers in the late 18th century. Shortly thereafter, On July 11, 1795, Blount County became the tenth county established in Tennessee, when the Territorial Legislature voted to split adjacent Knox and Jefferson counties. The new county was named for the governor of the state of Tennessee, William Blount, and its county seat, Maryville, was named for his wife Mary Grainger Blount. This establishment, however, did little to settle the differences between white immigrants and Cherokee natives, which was, for the most part, not accomplished until an 1819 treaty.

Throughout its history the boundaries of Blount County have been altered numerous times, most notably in 1870 when a large swath of western Blount was split into Loudon and portions of other counties. Also, the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 1936, while not affecting the territory of Blount County, has significantly impacted the use of southeastern Blount County. And Blount County is also home to 23 state football champions.

Phixed.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

According to Wikipedia:

Throughout its history the boundaries of Blount County have been altered numerous times, most notably in 1870 when a large swath of western Blount was split into Loudon and portions of other counties. Also, the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 1936, while not affecting the territory of Blount County, has significantly impacted the use of southeastern Blount County.

Now that's an answer you can hang your hat on. Side note: Mary Grainger Blount is the name sake for Grainger County, the only county in Tennessee to be named after a women.

This could turn into an all out Tennessee history thread if were not careful. :ugeek:

According to Wikipedia:

Throughout its history the boundaries of Blount County have been altered numerous times, most notably in 1870 when a large swath of western Blount was split into Loudon and portions of other counties. Also, the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 1936, while not affecting the territory of Blount County, has significantly impacted the use of southeastern Blount County. And Blount County is also home to 23 state football champions.

Ummm APB, that would be, "...23 state football championships." Alcoa would be home to literally dozens of football champions.

Now it's phixed.th_1sm390teach.gif

Edited by Govolsknox