Alcoa Zoning Restrictions

matt_8777

Wow. Loving this are we GVK? I just wish TSSAA would take CAK's multiplier off. At least we would not have to listen to this junk every six months or so.

;) I see...Well, I did wait until page 6 to make anything but an attempt at humor on this thread. I figured if all of you "non multiplier for open zone" guys could state your opinion for 6 pages it was probably ok for me to state mine. :blush:

Hey, my points may not hold water! But I will say this: I would not want the job of trying to defend the other side of the discussion. B)

Wow. Loving this are we GVK? I just wish TSSAA would take CAK's multiplier off. At least we would not have to listen to this junk every six months or so.

Junk is in the eye of the beholder. I know you Alcoa guys to be fun & likable fellows, but if you can't see the inequity in the way the multiplier is applied/not applied as it pertains to D1 privates vs. public schools then we will just have to continue to agree to disagree. GVK has torched this argument in this mythical coacht court of law in my opinion, but hey, I'm not an impartial juror either. It truly is not about any particular school in my book, simply right and wrong. banghead.gif

672 last year at Camden. How many residents in Blount County? Not in the city... Camden has around 10,000 in the City

Camden has around 4,000 within the city. And Camden Central is not the only high school in Benton County. Big Sandy is the other, but I'm not even sure they have a football program.

Edited by RedSwarm10

The problem I have with these threads and the posters who start them Is the agenda they have against 1 school in particular . If I didn't know any better after reading this thread , one would think that Alcoa is the only High school in the State of Tennessee who has an open Zone . All over the State teams have the exact same rules to play by as Alcoa does , yet now with Alcoa having such a dominant team , all we hear from the excuse makers is Alcoa has an unfair advantage .

Gerry Bertier really cracks me up , what he is doing now against Alcoa is the same crapola he spewed against Maryville for years when they had their unbelievable winning streak going . Gerry tries to act like he is on a crusade to make everything Fair in Tennessee .... he is on a crusade to bash , belittle , and whine about any team he doesn't like having success . Gerry Bertier... and all the other haters out there , you guys just keep on whining , and Alcoa & Maryville will just keep on winning . Go ahead and change the rules all you want to , we'll play by any rules that the TSSAA throws out there , and instead of whining about it , we'll just do whatever it takes to keep getting better .... that's the difference between winners and losers , losers whine and make excuses when they get beat , Winners just work that much harder when they get beat .

Hey Gerry , if you want anybody to take you serious , how about starting a thread about whatever Agenda you have at the moment without focusing on just One team ? Maybe then you could have a serious discussion .

You know this stuff is all amusing to me. I asked a simple question about Alcoa Zoning Restrictions and now it has turned into the hottest thread on 3A and 4A. People from Alcoa take it personally, attack the others posting on the thread, and the ones not from Alcoa, are saying it isn't fair and attacking the Alcoa fans. Blah blah blah. I asked a simple question and it has turned into a circus. I think everyone wants a fair playing field, regardless who is the best team in the state (personally I think it's Brentwood Academy) but we all have opinions. Why don't we keep the opinions at a minimum and facts a must. Stating numbers that have no way of being proven is a waste of space on the thread and just takes longer to read through the posts. Guestimaing numbers is FALSE information.

Edited by matt_8777

I think what is false information is saying that Brentwood is better than Alcoa this year. Lets wait and see how many D-1 kids go from each school. My money is on Alcoa, they have the potential in the next three years to send a bunch!!! :unsure:

When did having the most D1 players on your roster make you the best team in the state? I did not know they handed out Gold Balls for that.

If that was the case this year, Pearl Cohn in Nashville probably has more D1 prospects than Alcoa. But we all know who is going to win 3A.

Just my two cents here. I am an Alcoa graduate and was an out of zone student athlete who lived in Townsend. I went to Alcoa my entire life. Two of the reasons I went to Alcoa have already been brought up: better academics and the small school atmosphere. However, one of the reasons my parents sent me to Alcoa was because of the after school daycare program at the elementary school. Both of my parents were working professionals who did not get off work until 5 or so and could not pick me up right after school. Alcoa offered a great after school program that was also available in the summer from 8-5. I do not know if this after school program still exists, but at the time it was the only one in the county. Point is, Alcoa, and Maryville too, offer more as a school system then any other places in the state whether it is sports, academics, or whatever. If you had the choice as a parent, and had the means to do it, you would be depriving your child of a better education by not sending them to Alcoa or Maryville.

You know this stuff is all amusing to me. I asked a simple question about Alcoa Zoning Restrictions and now it has turned into the hottest thread on 3A and 4A. People from Alcoa take it personally, attack the others posting on the thread, and the ones not from Alcoa, are saying it isn't fair and attacking the Alcoa fans. Blah blah blah. I asked a simple question and it has turned into a circus. I think everyone wants a fair playing field, regardless who is the best team in the state (personally I think it's Brentwood Academy) but we all have opinions. Why don't we keep the opinions at a minimum and facts a must. Stating numbers that have no way of being proven is a waste of space on the thread and just takes longer to read through the posts. Guestimaing numbers is FALSE information.

Hey Matt, don't be so "hard" on yourself. This issue has been discussed for a lot longer than your post from last week, or mine back in Dec 09.

When did having the most D1 players on your roster make you the best team in the state? I did not know they handed out Gold Balls for that.

If that was the case this year, Pearl Cohn in Nashville probably has more D1 prospects than Alcoa. But we all know who is going to win 3A.

OK, you really want to bring up Gold Balls, because last time I checked, Alcoa has won 7 out of the last 10, and have total of 11. (Brentwood on the other hand last won one in 2006, then you have to go back to 1996 for the next one)I never made the claim that D1 players equate a gold ball, those are your words, not mine. But, I think it would be fair to say that if you have a team with multiple D1 prospects, chances are you've got a pretty good team. If you've seen this Alcoa team, and I've seen them up close for the last 10 years, this team is loaded and will be for the next few years. The original post was not about gold balls, but, that Matt thought that Brentwood was the best team in the state, I don't agree, I think it's Alcoa, and am surprised that footballDad doesn't feel the same way! :thumb:

Edited by catback

I think what is false information is saying that Brentwood is better than Alcoa this year. Lets wait and see how many D-1 kids go from each school. My money is on Alcoa, they have the potential in the next three years to send a bunch!!! :unsure:

Catman, dontthinkso.gif I wasn't agreeing that Brentwood was better, I was agreeing with Mr.RemembertheTitans that D1 players are not the measuring stick of who has the best TEAM. Thats all. I haven't seen Brentwood play, BUT, if they are better than Alcoa I want to see them. My personal opinion is that the Tornadoes are the best team in TN, all classifications.