Alcoa Zoning Restrictions

matt_8777

I hate to even respond to posters like you but in this case I felt it necessary.

1st- The name Gerry Bertier is from Remember the Titans. You know the player who overcame a lot of difficulties after a brilliant high school career. His life ended tragically and he is someone who I admire.

2nd- I was a Heritage fan 5 or 6 years ago cause my former High School coach moved on from my alma mater to coach there. Once again, he was a man that had a profound impact on my life. He has now moved back to Middle TN and is coaching here.

So you can go ahead and poke fun and do what you wish, but I will stay with the topic at hand.

Yep you will. Your topic is to continue to mislead those on this thread as to what your real intent is...

Yep you will. Your topic is to continue to mislead those on this thread as to what your real intent is...

It's funny only you and your crony are the only ones that have anything negative to say about my posts. I didn't see anyone outside of Alcoa fans, saying I was misleading anyone.

My topic is to discuss the issue of OOZ players and how the TSSAA needs to level the playing field. I believe a poster from CAK said it best. It is an equity issue. If you do not see that than I am sorry. I see it as a problem and I am free to address that on this forum.

Just like you as a 40 year old man can come on a degrade posters based on their names and what school they support. You have that right, if that is what you want to do then you are more than welcome.

It's funny only you and your crony are the only ones that have anything negative to say about my posts. I didn't see anyone outside of Alcoa fans, saying I was misleading anyone.

My topic is to discuss the issue of OOZ players and how the TSSAA needs to level the playing field. I believe a poster from CAK said it best. It is an equity issue. If you do not see that than I am sorry. I see it as a problem and I am free to address that on this forum.

Just like you as a 40 year old man can come on a degrade posters based on their names and what school they support. You have that right, if that is what you want to do then you are more than welcome.

Gerry your posts are usually spot on but your anomosity shows thru on this topic. You also never answered any of the questions I put forward in another post. What would happen to the opened zoned schools that don't see the benefits in out of zoned kids? Alcoa is in a different situation than most. Apparently you and a few others don't understand the makeup of our county. How would the TSSAA level the playing field??? Of course these are all hypothetical questions but you should considers asking yourself each one. Also I'm sure some of the other opened zoned schools would like to weigh in.

Here's my solution to the problem. Let all the schools in the state of Tennessee except tuition student if the schools want too. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :thumb:

Edited by DSM10

Gerry your posts are usually spot on but I can also see some I'm not saying you don't have an argument. However you never did answer any of the questions I put forward in another post. What would happen to the opened zoned schools that don't see the benefits in out of zoned kids? Alcoa is in a different situation than most. Apparently you and a few others don't understand the makeup of our county. How would the TSSAA level the playing field??? Of course these are all hypothetical questions but you should considers asking yourself each one. Also I'm sure some of the other opened zoned schools would like to weigh in.

Here's my solution to the problem. Let all the schools in the state of Tennessee except tuition student if the schools want too. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :thumb:

DSM, you raise interesting points. You may see this differently, but I tried to address this issue in an earlier post.

1. Not all DII schools are powerhouses, yet they are forced into DII because of the ability to offer scholarships.

2. Not all private (non scholarship) schools are powerhouses, yet all have a multiplier.

3. Not all huge schools are powerhouses, yet all are required to play in the largest classification, 6A.

These 3 examples have 2 things in common. 1. The TSSAA made an attempt to level the playing field when a group of schools have a competitive advantage due to the ability to draw from a larger talent pool. 2. The TSSAA made these rules and provisions regardless of the fact that some schools benefit more than others from that competitive advantage.

I think anyone who knows Alcoa's program knows that they would be very successful without open zone players. That would be hard for anyone to honestly deny. By the same token, IMO, it would be hard to honestly deny that having access to OOZ student athletes is a competitive advantage. The TSSAA needs to be consistent. Just my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.7a140535.gif

... Here's my solution to the problem. Let all the schools in the state of Tennessee except tuition student if the schools want too. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :thumb:

Currently, the TSSAA has no policy regarding open zoning. Therefore as far as TSSAA and football are concerned, all schools in TN already can accept tuition students. Of course, the TSSAA doesn't have the authority to dictate to schools whether they do or don't accept tuition students. So, this leaves TN right where it is today.

Gerry your posts are usually spot on but I can also see some I'm not saying you don't have an argument. However you never did answer any of the questions I put forward in another post. What would happen to the opened zoned schools that don't see the benefits in out of zoned kids? Alcoa is in a different situation than most. Apparently you and a few others don't understand the makeup of our county. How would the TSSAA level the playing field??? Of course these are all hypothetical questions but you should considers asking yourself each one. Also I'm sure some of the other opened zoned schools would like to weigh in.

I agree with the points Govols just posted and agreed with him in an earlier post about the topic. It is an equity issue.

First Ive seen of tssaa site as I didnt use it for my research. As I did mention my numbers could be off a little but how much nobody probably knows except for Alcoa School Board. I find it odd that Alcoa reported a nice round number like 550. Seem more like an educated guess to me, but I could be wrong. Here is the site I was using that seems to give a more technical break down of Alcoa Enrollment.

http://www.city-data.com/school/alcoa-high-school-tn.html

Eye like nice round numburs '74.....Plus yore dater wuz frum 2006... :thumb:

The problem I have with these threads and the posters who start them Is the agenda they have against 1 school in particular . If I didn't know any better after reading this thread , one would think that Alcoa is the only High school in the State of Tennessee who has an open Zone . All over the State teams have the exact same rules to play by as Alcoa does , yet now with Alcoa having such a dominant team , all we hear from the excuse makers is Alcoa has an unfair advantage .

Gerry Bertier really cracks me up , what he is doing now against Alcoa is the same crapola he spewed against Maryville for years when they had their unbelievable winning streak going . Gerry tries to act like he is on a crusade to make everything Fair in Tennessee .... he is on a crusade to bash , belittle , and whine about any team he doesn't like having success . Gerry Bertier... and all the other haters out there , you guys just keep on whining , and Alcoa & Maryville will just keep on winning . Go ahead and change the rules all you want to , we'll play by any rules that the TSSAA throws out there , and instead of whining about it , we'll just do whatever it takes to keep getting better .... that's the difference between winners and losers , losers whine and make excuses when they get beat , Winners just work that much harder when they get beat .

Hey Gerry , if you want anybody to take you serious , how about starting a thread about whatever Agenda you have at the moment without focusing on just One team ? Maybe then you could have a serious discussion .

You don't think "OOZers" have added to Alcoa's success. It's not a matter of breaking rules..Division II schools offering aid isn't breaking rules but it was judged to be an advantage when they were in Division I.

It wouldn't be hard to figure up which schools have a significant amount of out of zone players and adjust it accordingly. Those who allow it but don't have them wouldn't be moved up.

Is that saying Alcoa wouldn't be a terror even without however many come in? Of course not. Please don't get sidetracked from the main topic by suggesting it.

You don't think "OOZers" have added to Alcoa's success. It's not a matter of breaking rules..Division II schools offering aid isn't breaking rules but it was judged to be an advantage when they were in Division I.

It wouldn't be hard to figure up which schools have a significant amount of out of zone players and adjust it accordingly. Those who allow it but don't have them wouldn't be moved up.

Is that saying Alcoa wouldn't be a terror even without however many come in? Of course not. Please don't get sidetracked from the main topic by suggesting it.

If you want to have a serious discussion about out of zone players , then focus on that , not Alcoa . Otherwise this thread just comes across as a way to take away from what Alcoa has accomplished . I'm not even an Alcoa fan , but I'm tired of seeing all of these threads that just focus on one team . This year's Alcoa team is an amazing team , too bad some want to focus on rules that every team in the State plays by , instead of just giving a team that has worked very hard the props they deserve .