District 6-AA

TynerRamFan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me out with these new TSSAA rules ... CAN SOMEONE UNDER .500 (4-6 or 3-7 record) make the Playoffs?

I thought they were fixing the rules to prevent this? Is it just the top 32 in 4A and top 32 in 3A period?

Here are my thoughts:

• First and second place teams go regardless of record and regardless of the over district strength.

• I think that even though a team has a losing record you need to veiw their losses. For example: if East Hamilton were to make the playoffs(would have to win out) they would still have a losing record. However, their losses include Signal Mtn who is ranked in the top of their division and Lancaster who is not TSSAA and is allowed to pick up stud players who can not play anywhere else under the TSSAA rules. It would have been easier for East Ham to have played some cream puff teams just to have a winning record. Of course their other losses come by way of Tyner and Howard, each ranked and respected teams in their division.

• Because the TSSAA takes the top 32 teams, their is a chance that several of the bottom teams will have losing records so you have to choose someone.

According to the new TSSAA rules anyone that finishes 1st or 2nd in their respective districts will automatically qualify for the playoffs, however it does not guarntee that team home field advantage. They will take the number of teams that will be wild cards to make up the top 32 teams. Their may be some teams with losing records because there are only 53 teams in 4A. I have started a new thread that shows what the playoffs would look like if they started this week in 4A. This will change each week though. Right now as it stands there would be 3 4A teams in the playoff from District 6 and the crazy thing is they would be in different quads. Howard and Tyner also would fall in different quads as it stands right now and Howard would be a 2nd seed and Tyner would have to travel and would be a 5th seed. Nothing is set in stone until after week 10.

I think when it all boils down he is just mad because the smaller schools are beating the bigger schools this year...Dont get mad just tell your Coach to recruit a little harder...Its embarrassing for Redbank to get beat by Howard and Tyner in the same year...I understand but dont say the division is weak because these two schools are whippn but this year>>they simply just have better athletes Howards entire backfield are in the 300 club>>>and love or hate Tarver he has built a machine over there at Howard if you dont believe me look at the players he has to go on to the next level!! i dont care if its a small school, a HBCU or large college he has changed the atmosphere over there and is probably sending more kids to college playing football than any other school in the city>>>i was very critical about him but i see what he is doing and see the change in the program and i will take that over the wins anyday>>>i dont care if howard wins the region or not>>> but if they are having more kids ready to play on the next level>>>who really wins??? Congrats to my Hustlin Tigers keep doin your thang....when we win itll always be an excuse>>> like plies says>>> Wonder Y they Hate us so much????

...Hey 't-mac'...heard y'all selling some 'de-rail' the RamTrain T-shirts...well the "RAMS" are heading your way>>>running on all 'pistons', whistles blowin', lights-on and coming down-hill...looking for an explosive game Friday!!!

...You see this "RAM-SENIORS": Reginald, TJ, Kevin, "D", Tevin, Tamari, Sean, Jabrie, Trammell, Eric, Dedrick, Chris, Jalen, Marcus, Martez,Ronald...this is the 1st game of the "playoffs"!!!

Lol I haven't heard that but if it was it would only be an alumni trying to make some money off this game...I'm sure the football team didn't do this...Tarver has too much class for that...tell Marcus we said what's up! Lol...u want me to go back and forth don't you....lol...when yall get a following...I will then

Lol I haven't heard that but if it was it would only be an alumni trying to make some money off this game...I'm sure the football team didn't do this...Tarver has too much class for that...tell Marcus we said what's up! Lol...u want me to go back and forth don't you....lol...when yall get a following...I will then

...Is everybody healthy in the 'Tiger-bone' option?? I heard otherwise but no mention in the news-media...I hope everyone is healthy...weather is great for football...the Tyner Pride Marching Band is showin' & blowin'...the Howard folk will hear 'chocolate-thunder' tonight...man, I can't wait...I'll be there early!!!