Greeneville(4-0) at Tn High(4-0)

DevilMan03

Who Wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Well, your recalling is correct. 1992 GHS 19 DBHS 10

I think it was a little more recent.2002.The Greeneville vs DB football history is not something any former Devil really wants to bragg about.That is why a lot of old timers are talking about DB right now because that was Greeneville's annual loss for a long time.

2002 is correct!

That is correct.. BUT all time is (and Art correct me if im wrong) like 19-3 D-B. Yeah, Devils won the last one, but like another school across the state line likes to brag about beating D-B, why drop us from your schedule, after you finally win one??? If you don't believe me , ask your AD who's decision it was to drop us. Get over it, and have a great year. I hope you guys win it all in Cookeville....but(not that it matters) you can't play with the Indians year in and out....and not this yr. either. Change the subject to the Greeneville beatdown of the once undefeated mighty Vikings please .

I would like to say congratulations to the Greeneville football team. When South played Greeneville you were beatable. Now you have improved to the point of being a machine. I hope the best for you! You are in probably the weakest division now but it matters not. I feel you could give the best in any classification a run for the money. I feel DB is up there with the best this year and I feel the Greendevils could stay on the field with them. This is a team for the ages. The Greeneville fans should be proud. No need for your fans to be unruly...your team is speaking all that needs to be said loud and clear. The best of everything for these players going forward. And proud parents also. Enjoy your moment in history.

I would like to say congratulations to the Greeneville football team. When South played Greeneville you were beatable. Now you have improved to the point of being a machine. I hope the best for you! You are in probably the weakest division now but it matters not. I feel you could give the best in any classification a run for the money. I feel DB is up there with the best this year and I feel the Greendevils could stay on the field with them. This is a team for the ages. The Greeneville fans should be proud. No need for your fans to be unruly...your team is speaking all that needs to be said loud and clear. The best of everything for these players going forward. And proud parents also. Enjoy your moment in history.

Good post Comp… and I concur with all you stated. This team is special and could very well be the best team to come out of NET since the 72 Vikings. I don’t say this because they SPANKED my Vikings (and believe me, it could have been ALOT worse) .. I say this because of what I witness Friday night. This team at this point is in a league of it’s own and could (would) run up the score on ANY team here to ALCOA… and that would be in ANY classification. Willie (aka. Wolverine) is a special talent and believe it or not… he’s just the point on the Devils LARGE pitchfork of talent. As far as the DB vs. Greeneville argument goes… I’ve seen both teams and I have my opinion, but it will be clear to all (even without a head to head) by the end of the season that to even consider this comparison you would have to be a DB diehard. Greeneville is without a shadow of a doubt NETs best chance in YEARS to bring home a GOLD BALL!! I will be pulling for you because that would be the only thing that could make the history that was made in the Castle Friday night a little easier to swallow. Good luck :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

Good post Comp… and I concur with all you stated. This team is special and could very well be the best team to come out of NET since the 72 Vikings. I don’t say this because they SPANKED my Vikings (and believe me, it could have been ALOT worse) .. I say this because of what I witness Friday night. This team at this point is in a league of it’s own and could (would) run up the score on ANY team here to ALCOA… and that would be in ANY classification. Willie (aka. Wolverine) is a special talent and believe it or not… he’s just the point on the Devils LARGE pitchfork of talent. As far as the DB vs. Greeneville argument goes… I’ve seen both teams and I have my opinion, but it will be clear to all (even without a head to head) by the end of the season that to even consider this comparison you would have to be a DB diehard. Greeneville is without a shadow of a doubt NETs best chance in YEARS to bring home a GOLD BALL!! I will be pulling for you because that would be the only thing that could make the history that was made in the Castle Friday night a little easier to swallow. Good luck :thumb:

Cap you always man up and i have respect for you for that...We told you that they were good and that Willie C is probably with out a doubt one of the best players in the state. I wonder who gets a Mr.Football nomination him or spradlin? But anyway this Devil Team I believe shld have no problem winning it all...Liberty the second ranked team in 4a lost friday by 1 to jackson northside...I see the Devils going 15-0. We know one thing for sure. 10-0 is a definate but that doesnt matter when playoffs come and the know it. thats when the fingers go up after every playoff game showing how many games till the ship. It will be nice to go into the playoffs having all four playoff games home through the semis.

Edited by CoachTFlorida

OK then. If we beat Tenn High 63-7 will you say we can beat Greenville? What a stupid comment. DB has too much speed for Greenville to run all over us like they will and have everybody else. The Vikings are slow on defense and the backs don't have breakaway speed. I would like to lign up Seabolt against Carmichael and show you that Seabolt has the same speed. The Devils are fast but DB overall is faster. I would however love to see that matchup. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

You need to go on vacation somewhere and get away from those Eastman fumes for a while. I don’t even think Seabolt is the fastest player in the Big 8.. or is he? Is he even faster than Steele? We don’t grow em like Willie around these parts… that kid has God given skills. What he does and the way he does it can’t be taught. A 4.3 40 would be the fastest time recorded in this years National recruiting class… but I’m not sure it’s out of the question after seeing Willie jog away from ALL of the THS defenders. Seabolt has good speed but he would have to get a couple more gears to be in the class with Wolverine. And your last statement only lets us all know that you didn't go to the game Friday. Because nobody that did could fix their mouth to make such a Ludicrous statement.

I talk to a couple of TH guys at around 5:00 and they ask if I had come up from Greeneville .I said no Kingsport and explained a little.They ask about Greeneville and I told them it was the best Devil team that I had ever seen.Weeks ago I said that number 50 Hall was the best defensive end in the area.I will not take that back after he done pretty darn good going to the strong side all night.He got blocked a few times but Downs is no cupcake either.The difference in this game and the Greeneville vs South game was simple{ number 3}.He had an off night against South and was out of sight friday night.This team playing in 4A would be the biggest disapointment in the history of upper east Tennessee football if they don't win it all.Last year was a should have after getting past Red Bank,but this year would be ten times that.I expect nothing less than a 2010 state championship for Greeneville.Nothing