Greeneville(4-0) at Tn High(4-0)

DevilMan03

Who Wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Cap you always man up and i have respect for you for that...We told you that they were good and that Willie C is probably with out a doubt one of the best players in the state. I wonder who gets a Mr.Football nomination him or spradlin? But anyway this Devil Team I believe shld have no problem winning it all...Liberty the second ranked team in 4a lost friday by 1 to jackson northside...I see the Devils going 15-0. We know one thing for sure. 10-0 is a definate but that doesnt matter when playoffs come and the know it. thats when the fingers go up after every playoff game showing how many games till the ship. It will be nice to go into the playoffs having all four playoff games through the semis.

Thanks TFlorida. The old saying rings true… SEEING is BELIEVING!! And I never have a problem giving respect where it is due. You have a special team there with several special players. On top of that you have a Coach that demonstrates great ability and leadership as well as a player on the field that does the same in #11 (Spradlin I believe). Mix all of that together and put it in the oven and you have a Championship recipe.

Good post Comp… and I concur with all you stated. This team is special and could very well be the best team to come out of NET since the 72 Vikings. I don’t say this because they SPANKED my Vikings (and believe me, it could have been ALOT worse) .. I say this because of what I witness Friday night. This team at this point is in a league of it’s own and could (would) run up the score on ANY team here to ALCOA… and that would be in ANY classification. Willie (aka. Wolverine) is a special talent and believe it or not… he’s just the point on the Devils LARGE pitchfork of talent. As far as the DB vs. Greeneville argument goes… I’ve seen both teams and I have my opinion, but it will be clear to all (even without a head to head) by the end of the season that to even consider this comparison you would have to be a DB diehard. Greeneville is without a shadow of a doubt NETs best chance in YEARS to bring home a GOLD BALL!! I will be pulling for you because that would be the only thing that could make the history that was made in the Castle Friday night a little easier to swallow. Good luck :thumb:

I played against the '72 Vikings in a preseason scrimmage and got whacked...over...and over. Cap, they are a looker. But, they are now twice the team that South played. So that's what Michael Vick looked like in high school.

You need to go on vacation somewhere and get away from those Eastman fumes for a while. I don’t even think Seabolt is the fastest player in the Big 8.. or is he? Is he even faster than Steele? We don’t grow em like Willie around these parts… that kid has God given skills. What he does and the way he does it can’t be taught. A 4.3 40 would be the fastest time recorded in this years National recruiting class… but I’m not sure it’s out of the question after seeing Willie jog away from ALL of the THS defenders. Seabolt has good speed but he would have to get a couple more gears to be in the class with Wolverine. And your last statement only lets us all know that you didn't go to the game Friday. Because nobody that did could fix their mouth to make such a Ludicrous statement.

On Friday nights with the ball in his hands Seabolt is as fast as he needs to be. Your gonna find out in two weeks. Oh, and i was at the game. And yes , i wish we could play Greenville, i think we should try to play the best in the State every year reguardless of classification. We don't back down from anybody. So keep playing Virginia High and Sullivan East and your program will continue to be outmatched from now on. Now, promise me this, when we beat your butts in two weeks you will give us the props. the same way you have Greenville. Wish us to win the state. I know that will be hard to do for you. Come on now, let me here ya practice Roll Tribe Roll. Your just like the rest of the region, haters on DB. I traveled to Maryville a few years ago and pulled for your guys when they got spanked 49-0. I should of known it was going to be a bad night when you guys had trouble blowing up your little tunnel to run out of. The Eastman fumes may be clouding my thought but what is your excuse, are you too close to the Virginia line or is that where you live?

South is next and then the beatdown #2 on the season will happen. In case you forgot, your payback game #4 on this years redemption list. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is from the Johnson City Press CAP!

It’s one thing for Greeneville to blow Class AA teams away by halftime and finish with a seven-touchdown victory.

It’s something different altogether for the Greene Devils to do that same thing against Class 5A power Tennessee High.

With the 56-7 stomping of the previously undefeated Vikings on Friday night, the Greene Devils have shown signs they could be different than any team Northeast Tennessee has seen in the statewide playoff era.

Since 1976, when the TSSAA established a true statewide playoff system, Northeast Tennessee has produced a big fat zero in state football titles. Cloudland reached the finals in 2001, but came up 37 points short of a Class A championship.

Last year, the Greene Devils reached the Class 4A championship game, losing 21-14 to Giles County in a contest that came down to the final seconds. That team wasn’t really expected to win it all. But what it accomplished — getting the experience of playing for a title, and having a close one slip away — gives Greeneville even more of a legitimate title look in 2010.

Greeneville (5-0) was already favored to easily win the Blue Ridge Conference title. The No. 1-ranked Greene Devils had already emerged as the frontrunner for the Class 4A state championship.

Then they strolled into the Stone Castle to take on a Tennessee High team that seemed to be emerging as a threat to make a deep run into the Class 5A playoffs. By the time the game was over, the Vikings’ defense had been absolutely gashed for 532 yards of offense.

It would be one thing if the Greene Devils hit a bunch of pass plays for a big chunk of that yardage, but instead Greeneville mauled the Vikings for 429 yards rushing on 41 carries, a staggering average of 10.5 yards per attempt.

Before William Carmichael transferred from Cherokee High in North Carolina, Greeneville was already going to be a very good team. But Carmichael has put the Greene Devils over the top.

The quarterback and part-time receiver has Division I speed and Division I football ability. He destroyed the Vikings for 301 total yards, scored four touchdowns and passed for another.

On the season Carmichael has totaled 901 yards and accounted for 11 touchdowns. He’s not a one-man show at all, but combined with players like running back B.J. Spradlin, he makes Greeneville something special.

Most people already knew this was a very impressive offensive team. And when a team averaging 47 points per game puts up 56, it’s not that shocking. But what seems to be getting more clear is Greeneville’s tough defense.

The Vikings were averaging 36 points per game, but did not score against the Greene Devils until 3:35 was left in the game.

All of the elements are there for a state championship. Greeneville has speed, size, athleticism, and a sharp offensive approach to go along with their championship-worthy defense.

Mixing all of that together is Caine Ballard. He has quickly established himself as a top-notch head coach.

The only bad thing at this point is the Greene Devils do not have a major threat left on their regular season schedule.

Greeneville will play West Greene (5-1, but lost to Class A Unaka), Cumberland Gap (1-4), Chuckey-Doak (4-1, but lost to Claiborne by a score of 49-12), Grainger (1-5), and Claiborne (4-1, but has played a soft schedule and got blown out 34-0 in its only tough game).

So the Greene Devils will have to fight against overconfidence until the playoffs begin. But Cookeville, the site of this year’s state championship games, is certainly coming into focus.

On Friday nights with the ball in his hands Seabolt is as fast as he needs to be. Your gonna find out in two weeks. Oh, and i was at the game. And yes , i wish we could play Greenville, i think we should try to play the best in the State every year reguardless of classification. We don't back down from anybody. So keep playing Virginia High and Sullivan East and your program will continue to be outmatched from now on. Now, promise me this, when we beat your butts in two weeks you will give us the props. the same way you have Greenville. Wish us to win the state. I know that will be hard to do for you. Come on now, let me here ya practice Roll Tribe Roll. Your just like the rest of the region, haters on DB. I traveled to Maryville a few years ago and pulled for your guys when they got spanked 49-0. I should of known it was going to be a bad night when you guys had trouble blowing up your little tunnel to run out of. The Eastman fumes may be clouding my thought but what is your excuse, are you too close to the Virginia line or is that where you live?

South is next and then the beatdown #2 on the season will happen. In case you forgot, your payback game #4 on this years redemption list. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and your post is a perfect example of why so many people post against DB on here. Greenville has something special going on over there, and even though you supposedly saw it for yourself you still won’t give it up. DB no doubt has a good team in comparison to the teams in this area, but chances are (no matter who you put on your schedule) YOU will more than likely be the first to turn your pads in (as usual) with your undefeated season to boot because you have struggled to keep up with the competition from your classification of 6A. That’s not simple my “hater†opinion… that’s a recorded fact. Yea we got BEAT DOWN Friday but we survived (to the best of my knowledge) without any serious injury… so you can sleep on the Vikings if you want to but we gonna be ready to play. And that shout out goes to ANY Big 8 team. Don’t take this beat down as some kinda sign from the football gods that THS is somehow gonna lay down on the competitions. We played an obvious championship caliber team Friday, and it wouldn’t matter if we had scheduled Maryville and Alcoa both (at the same time even) before this game… the outcome would have been the same. I’ve said it before and I’m sticking with my point of view on that whole concept of preparing yourself for a beat down with a beat down is a ludicrous approach. You only down yourself when you make the comment that we have a weak schedule… because the way I look at it... we have two RANKED 6A teams and the hands down favorite to win the 4A State Championship on our schedule. So dude… why would we pile on more? Not to mention South and Boone beat EVERYTHING Knoxville had to throw at them last year. So give that WAC-o theory a rest already!!! DB has played your so called “strong†schedule for years and it has NEVER spelled State Championship! We were simply out matched Friday... nothing more, nothing less. This years Vikings are a young team… and in young I mean MOST of these kids have had very little if any varsity time under their belt. But a beat down like Friday tends to put some age on you… if you know what I mean. I see you DBers circling like a bunch of vultures… but I will tell you this much… the one SURE thing that could level the playing field with DB and THS is if the Indians (or anyone else for that matter) take the Vikings lightly from this point on. We will see Friday if the old saying “what don’t kill you makes you stronger†rings true for this team. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

I just wish we could play this game at the new Science Hill stadium. I would love to see the “deer in headlights†look on the people’s face on the jumbo-tron who post that “the Vikings won’t be able to run the ball†when we shove the ball down your defense’s throat. Running the ball is WHAT WE DO… and that AINT gonna change just because we’re playing GREENEVILLE! You may be running gunshot over the scrubs you have been playin up to this point… but you’re playing THS VIKINGS this week! YOU BETTER RECIGNIZE and give credit where it’s due… or the CROW LINE will be LOOOOOONG next week!! My name is CAP1.. and I approved this message!!!!!!!! ;)

PS - That goes for you too 04’… you need to MAN UP! We may very well lose this game… but unless it is an obvious blow out (which it obviously isn‘t), I prefer to stay true to the Viking Ship WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW!!! :hungry:

HERES ONE :thumb: I got more

Good try but no cigar. You said “run over†(as in win the game convincingly)not “run onâ€â€¦ two different things. That’s strike one. We’re gonna have to put a limit on this or this could go on forever.

it dont matter,you still lost 56-7 :roflol:.Dont think cause yall cant beat someone we cant HOT ROD!

Not taking anything away from Greenville in this post but this 56-7 win over Tennessee High was deceiving. Greenville has probably their best team ever this year and should be the favorite to win the 4A championship. I don't know what team Tennessee High prepared for last week but it sure wasn't Greenville. I think they thought because they beat Science Hill they were ready to go. Greenville was going to win this game regardless, but the coaching staff at T.H. made it very easy for them. The Vikings were lost on almost every play from start to finish. Greenville only beat South by 15 at home. Is South 34 points better than Tennessee High? One thing we already see is the Haters trying to use Greenville as a crutch. Just remember, a one point win counts the same as a 40 point win.